JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has to play Devils Advocate on these type of conversations.

So if the Company gave "both sides" parity on all of those "lesser benefits" as you call them, what would motivate our representatives to negotiate and us to give a fair vote on a JCBA?

Are we at all honorable to recognize what we have received so far outside of a voted on agreement or are we dishonest and greedy little hypocrites?

Devils Advocate.
Giving both groups a raise to an equal level was a huge step in the right direction by the company. We all know that they had no obligation to do that prior to a JCBA. Leaving the LAA side with a few less holidays left them a bit shorter on compensation end, and didn't leave all of us with a level playing field. I don't think that holiday pay is, or would have been the hot topic at the negotiating table. Seems that scope language, healthcare, and PT percentages are the big ones being discussed. I can't even imagine how much money we ALL would have lost while the talks drag on...

Giving both groups a raise to an equal level was a huge step in the right direction by the company. We all know that they had no obligation to do that prior to a JCBA. Leaving the LAA side with a few less holidays left them a bit shorter on compensation end, and didn't leave all of us with a level playing field. I don't think that holiday pay is, or would have been the hot topic at the negotiating table. Seems that scope language, healthcare, and PT percentages are the big ones being discussed. I can't even imagine how much money we ALL would have lost while the talks drag on...

I beg to differ slightly on your first statement about the company having no obligation. No they had no obligation, BUT, they were desperate to get permission from the union to allow both sides LAA and LUS to work each other's metal. Before this agreement to allow both sides to work on the metal, neither side could do so per the contract's. I know you guys in fleet do not look at things like this as the agreement with the raises was only affecting the mechanics, but, it was desperately needed by the company because it was a HUGE expense for O/T, down lines, international down lines etc... It was cheaper to pay the increases rather than to continue the way they were. But as usual, with non mechanics also in the contract the company knew it would fly as the majority of this asso. is made up of non-mechanic related groups, hence why the mechanics should get a more classification union to represent them. I have never agreed on non mechanics groups voting on mechanic issues and vise versa, it's just not right.

I beg to differ slightly on your first statement about the company having no obligation. No they had no obligation, BUT, they were desperate to get permission from the union to allow both sides LAA and LUS to work each other's metal. Before this agreement to allow both sides to work on the metal, neither side could do so per the contract's. I know you guys in fleet do not look at things like this as the agreement with the raises was only affecting the mechanics, but, it was desperately needed by the company because it was a HUGE expense for O/T, down lines, international down lines etc... It was cheaper to pay the increases rather than to continue the way they were. But as usual, with non mechanics also in the contract the company knew it would fly as the majority of this asso. is made up of non-mechanic related groups, hence why the mechanics should get a more classification union to represent them. I have never agreed on non mechanics groups voting on mechanic issues and vise versa, it's just not right.

lol.

Are you by chance a member of the AA board of directors?Perhaps your real name is Ted Reed

That was the case on the mtc side, but not fleet. We had been working on each other's metal in cities that didn't have fleet from both carriers present.

FE0A3F74-21FB-4656-993E-3E3B047BFD78.jpeg

lol? Really weez? Is that all you got? That was pathetic man. Typical from a fleet guy though...

That was the case on the mtc side, but not fleet. We had been working on each other's metal in cities that didn't have fleet from both carriers present.

That was my main point you moron! Go figure that none of you would get that. You made my point and magnified it 500%. Great post buddy, way to set the example...

lol? Really weez? Is that all you got? That was pathetic man. Typical from a fleet guy though...

That was my main point you moron! Go figure that none of you would get that. You made my point and magnified it 500%. Great post buddy, way to set the example...

Moron? SWAMT SWAMT SWAMT, you’re beginning to lose it there old boy. I’m seeing puffs of smoke coming out of your ears.

Lookie here, now I've got some jackass from SWA calling me names on the boards of an airline that he doesn't even work for. Piss of, go troll your own boring airline's board. Oh that's right, your trying to push your union on the AA group. Are you on a commission basis?

Your quite the moron yourself, trolling another airlines boards. I forgot that you're trying to sell your union on the AA group. Are you on a commission basis for drumming up new membership?

Whether United, American, or Delta, the IAM contract below at United Ground Services is a complete anti union document. Base wage is going to hammer and put pressure on TWU Eagle and others, and the benefits are non existent. But the IAM got 1,000 more members and is growing. This group wasn't put in any Local or District, and is simply being run by Joe Stassi and Sito Pantoja.

http://www.iamuge.org/

Your quite the moron yourself, trolling another airlines boards. I forgot that you're trying to sell your union on the AA group. Are you on a commission basis for drumming up new membership?

Isn't that the truth, I don't see much difference between his beloved AMFA and the others.Just whoring out for dues and not delivering anything

Moron? SWAMT SWAMT SWAMT, you’re beginning to lose it there old boy. I’m seeing puffs of smoke coming out of your ears.
Yes weez. He reinstated my exact post that maint. was not working eachothers metal and fleet was and didn't really care about the maint side of it. But with all that said, with his added post it just help my case a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts