2015 Fleet Service Discussion

Tim Nelson said:
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13003813/1/of-all-the-labor-problems-in-americanus-air-merger-this-is-the-worst.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Disappointing that the TWU has not issued any communication. I'm a proponent of the Association but if the TWU is able to drag things out for months then what have we gained? I'd be for an election at that point and may the best union win. And, according to the link above, the TWU has its hands full with 3 other groups on the property.
That answers a few questions...Equity, Prefunding, AMFA, Association...should I go on? The TWU's plate is full (and probably in over their head) and of course the membership suffers. Money left on the table every day. And, I may be wrong because there is "zero" communication, I do not see any resolution anytime soon.

Tim Nelson said:
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13003813/1/of-all-the-labor-problems-in-americanus-air-merger-this-is-the-worst.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Disappointing that the TWU has not issued any communication. I'm a proponent of the Association but if the TWU is able to drag things out for months then what have we gained? I'd be for an election at that point and may the best union win. And, according to the link above, the TWU has its hands full with 3 other groups on the property.

A partnership only works if the two partners work.

AANOTOK said:
That answers a few questions...Equity, Prefunding, AMFA, Association...should I go on? The TWU's plate is full (and probably in over their head) and of course the membership suffers. Money left on the table every day. And, I may be wrong because there is "zero" communication, I do not see any resolution anytime soon.

If there was something brewing, there would be some communication. Now that the holidays are over, things will get tougher to keep quiet on.

On the Prefunding, I believe they're hoping the BK case is closed soon since the deadline to finish is January 15th. That will most likely be extended another month or two. So the grievance will linger for that time also.

The Equity may be resolved in a couple of weeks depending on whether the Judge in that case dismisses the lawsuit. If they don't, the a trial date will be established and waiting continues. 

We'll probably hear something about the Association later this month, around or after the Presidents Council set for the end of January.

Reactions: 1 person
NYer said:

If there was something brewing, there would be some communication. Now that the holidays are over, things will get tougher to keep quiet on.

On the Prefunding, I believe they're hoping the BK case is closed soon since the deadline to finish is January 15th. That will most likely be extended another month or two. So the grievance will linger for that time also.

The Equity may be resolved in a couple of weeks depending on whether the Judge in that case dismisses the lawsuit. If they don't, the a trial date will be established and waiting continues. 

We'll probably hear something about the Association later this month, around or after the Presidents Council set for the end of January.
I think the prefunding issue is all but dead. The retirees DID not have the retiree medical plan terminated as they prevailed legally. I have not seen any movement on the part of the company seeking to overturn that ruling.
The conditions to pay the prefunding have NOT been met as of yet.

MetalMover said:
I think the prefunding issue is all but dead. The retirees DID not have the retiree medical plan terminated as they prevailed legally. I have not seen any movement on the part of the company seeking to overturn that ruling.
The conditions to pay the prefunding have NOT been met as of yet.

Incorrect. That issue is still part of the BK Court docket and has not been resolved, yet.

700. No one who has been paying attention of what would happen at UAL is  surprised by what is happening to UA D-141 IAM Members by UA Inc. What WE at LUS/LAA should be concerned about is that AAL IAM/TWU FS Members don't allow the current D-141 Leadership allow it to happen to them . SPIN ! away D-141 Leadership. It still won't change the facts for our Brothers/Sisters at UA. Amend the RLA in 2016 for real change in the Airline Industry. 

Kev3188 said:
Those guys are f**ked

It's hard to watch this all unfold...
it is Kev and to think Bartz and Klemm were all over social media calling members stupid to dared to disagree with their lies.
How anyone could vote for those two is just beyond me, they give unionism a bad name

Reactions: 2 people
The IAM represents both UA and US Ramp, different contracts, different negotiators and representatives, same District.

The US CBA now has the one of the best scope in the industry.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe they negotiate BEFORE the station is outsourced officially, that has been the process.

Latest posts