2015 Fleet Service Discussion

Tim  while I feel bad for the folks that are getting affected by this whole crap UA is doing,  I don't like it one bit  But this is how I look at it.   UA brought this deal to the IAM   The UA IAM leadership obviously failed by not telling mgmt. no to that deal   That's the first mistake   The second one is by agreeing to put it out to vote    to which they did   and I believe they recommended a yes vote but someone can correct me there.   The next thing was  while the money was/is there  that was basically all the yea voters looked at   I don't think they had any realizations the ramsifications as to what the reality of the situation would be   therefore the folks really played into mgmts. hands there.    It is sad  and this is what theyre reaping now.   IAM UA leadership in all reality should have never ever agreed to this type of deal  and its my hope that they will realize this and the mistakes and do far better in the next round.     IAM leadership at UAL also should have gone for better scope and everything.       In the future I believe our leaders will not go down this path   and I sure hope that the folks at UA learn a helluva lesson with this.   It really sucks for all those who are affected.

The following stations will be potentially outsourced: ANC, ATL, BDL, BIL, BNA, BOI, GEG, GSO, IND, JAX, MCI, MFE, MIA, OKC, OMA, ONT, ORF, PBI, PVD, RDU, RIC, RNO, RSW, SAT, SJC, SMF, STL and TUL.

UA that is.

700UW said:
The following stations will be potentially outsourced: ANC, ATL, BDL, BIL, BNA, BOI, GEG, GSO, IND, JAX, MCI, MFE, MIA, OKC, OMA, ONT, ORF, PBI, PVD, RDU, RIC, RNO, RSW, SAT, SJC, SMF, STL and TUL.

UA that is.

Yet another reason why the TWU should be meeting with the IAM in trying to prepare for the upcoming JCBA. Conditions for negotiations are a moving event and this is an example. If some of these station indeed close down, it will make it very difficult to retain them as current stations for AAL or re-open those that were closed by the BK. It will make the Scope negotiations even more challenging that they will already be.

NYer said:

Yet another reason why the TWU should be meeting with the IAM in trying to prepare for the upcoming JCBA. Conditions for negotiations are a moving event and this is an example. If some of these station indeed close down, it will make it very difficult to retain them as current stations for AAL or re-open those that were closed by the BK. It will make the Scope negotiations even more challenging that they will already be.
question, if you guys go to arbitration can the arbitrator touch your scope or is like the pilots where they can't change it?

If they can't change it then the ball is in your court for sure. If they can..... hate to say it but United screwed you guys. (and thus the rest of the industry later down the road.)  

700UW said:

UA that is.
disgraceful How do some leaders sleep at night? but then I guess 10k a month buys a lot of sleep meds.

700UW said:

UA that is.
When UA was in bankruptcy it was viable for them to keep those statuons (and others) staffed that had a single daily year round mainline flight. Now UA is making record profits, why couldn't the IAM enhance scope?

Josh

topDawg said:
question, if you guys go to arbitration can the arbitrator touch your scope or is like the pilots where they can't change it?

If they can't change it then the ball is in your court for sure. If they can..... hate to say it but United screwed you guys. (and thus the rest of the industry later down the road.)
Indeed but why did you post this on the DL forum?

topDawg said:
yep. Doesn't mean much for Delta, and probably not for AA.
Josh

737823 said:
Indeed but why did you post this on the DL forum?

Josh
cause its my understanding scope can't be touched. 

and i somewhat changed my thoughts in between post. 

you know, kind of like how you change jobs all the time.............

topDawg said:

We're being told there is no arbitration agreement associated with our JCBA. We'll soon see if that's the fact.

AANOTOK said:
And how much does all this carnage cost you Josh? I'm willing to bet not one iota. I'm also willing to bet you couldn't give a rats ass about what it does to the lives of those it does affect. All you do is use these kinds of announcements as ammo in your daily stalking of 700!
DOOSH IZ A
MEAT PUPPET
4 NIELSON> A
FAKE!

737823 said:
When UA was in bankruptcy it was viable for them to keep those statuons (and others) staffed that had a single daily year round mainline flight. Now UA is making record profits, why couldn't the IAM enhance scope?

Josh
So there going to whack them all in one shot. Vendors are already lined up in some cities and have ads posted for people.
It's a done deal, and the 28 will be gone. No word on the insourcing of stations that are on LOA #6 yet. Hopefully that will happen, as well as getting the Express work in the hubs that don't have it - ie: DEN and the like. And a decent buyout, and not some 20 grand and you have to pay 10 grand to keep flight benefits. At least get these things done, instead of trying to negotiate a dead horse. No one in their right mind will give up and take cuts.  They want this done before spring so they can get the vendors in place and up and running before the summer schedule.

Again, people took the money; didn't vote; or was lied to and this is where we are. 

The bloodbath begins.............

I keep asking this and cannot get an answer:
Why was the 2009 Agreement scapped and the FTW was the baseline for the talks?

NYer said:

Actually, I see a different metric at play here....Both UA and CO had filed for BK....CO twice over the years.....Then they merged....Yet all these "synergies" that were touted to creditors and BK a judge didn't seem to pan out as first believed. BK's are mainly to screw workers and get debt relief....Mergers are "alleged" to be good for both passenger and worker....Well, that's just the teaser like a trailer for some some movie about to be released.
Not many a merger DID not result in job cuts somewhere...UA's latest move proves it. they are complaining about not being cost competitive at these stations they intend to outsource.....I guess BK didn't cause enough pain and suffering on the employees..
As  for the AA/US merger.....time will tell what the future holds.

If some of these station indeed close down, it will make it very difficult to retain them as current stations for AAL or re-open those that were closed by the BK. It will make the Scope negotiations even more challenging that they will already be.
It's up to all of you to make sure you have a strong team at the table that not only knows what's important to the membership, but is also willing to push for it.

I know that sounds obvious, but all we have to do is look at what the UAL NC did to know it's not something that can be counted on as automatic...

737823 said:

Josh
And you support outsourcing small and medium stations thinking the large stations will get better pay and benefits. This action is right down you alley

Latest posts

Back