AFA labor discussion (Work related)

There are many, many petitions going around the one I see most is the recall of Ms. Austin... the other one is the recall of Mr. Flores. Dose anyone even believe they will find someone better to represent them? Who is willing to stand up to the challange and get the job done that we want. I for one don't want it. Who wants to take their place? Does anyone know?

You do bring up a valid point. Who will step up to the plate to represent ALL flight attendants. It appears from my outside observation that this has been thought out. Someone posted here that they would follow the bylaws and the vice president would step in until a new election is held. If the vice president is smart he/she would take a step back from the negotiating table for a period of time to let the organization recoup from the major disruption of ridding yourself of the leeches. As to finding someone to step up, that is going to be the hard part. The person that steps up may be another wolf in sheeps clothing. At this point though it looks like people are willing to take that chance. Flight attendants must remember thogh this is a joint contract negotiations to represent ALL flight attendants east and west. Of course the duty of who you choose will be to represent the east interests. I think the right person will be able to bring both groups together. This will be the key to achieving a new and improved contract.

Let me ask you this. If we are holding strong and are steadfastly saying "NO" here on the East (because it IS concessionary to us), how is our united voice of "We're not gonna take it anymore" hurting anyone? We're gonna have to live with this beast for the next 5-10 years. It's WORTH it to get it right. Hang with us. Enough is enough! If we send it back with a NO WAY NO HOW, they will HAVE to produce something better.

Let me ask you this. If we are holding strong and are steadfastly saying "NO" here on the East (because it IS concessionary to us), how is our united voice of "We're not gonna take it anymore" hurting anyone? We're gonna have to live with this beast for the next 5-10 years. It's WORTH it to get it right. Hang with us. Enough is enough! If we send it back with a NO WAY NO HOW, they will HAVE to produce something better.

I don't understand your point..... That is what I am saying. Or, are you talking to Desert?

Talking to Desert. Sorry. Limited brain waves + limited blackberry functions.

Reserve section has a TA and is detailed in an e-line...

It was posted on the AFA US Airways MEC Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afausairways.org%2FEline%2Fsep29_10.htm&h=831c6

This group popped up earlier. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163037320373254&v=info

It's open for anyone to join. I think I am going to.

Everything is "At scheduling's discretion." They can extend your RAP. They can extend your OPR, and they have destroyed seniority on OPR? You could be the most senior but the only avl more than 2 days, or the most junior and good for 2 days.
REALLY!? No, REALLY?!?!

Everything is "At scheduling's discretion." They can extend your RAP. They can extend your OPR, and they have destroyed seniority on OPR? You could be the most senior but the only avl more than 2 days, or the most junior and good for 2 days.
REALLY!? No, REALLY?!?!

Flores has been drinking the koolaid.

REALLY!? No, REALLY?!?!

I didn't read it that way.... I don't see what you are refering to. Basically what I read is that you can be only avl for 2 days and be assigned opr. I don't read where it says you can't take a three or four day.... Outside of OPR yes, but....

Somethings I like, but most I don't... extending my OPR ummm NO.....

Reserve section has a TA and is detailed in an e-line...

It was posted on the AFA US Airways MEC Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afausairways.org%2FEline%2Fsep29_10.htm&h=831c6

Not actually being one that lives with this daily I do not comprehend a lot of what that says. I will need to discuss with my friends who do to get a better feel for it. However, from the bits and pieces that I do recognize I do see some concessions there. Sounds to me a lot of what you guys on the inside have been fearing have made there way into this. On one hand it appears you are regaining seniority but a closer investigation shows lots of restrictions and you will have PBS in one form or another forced on you. May look good at first but I know from listening to flight crews from other airline that actually have it do not like it. They say it is awesome if you are senior but good luck if you are a junior Joe or Jane.

Again, I don't live it so it is hard to give my opinion. Hope you folks that are on this board that will live it can educate us to what some of this means good or bad.

One thing to keep in mind. This is just one of many sections in your contract. Even if this is good for some of you, please look at every section in the contract before you decide if it is really good for ALL.

One thing is for sure. Mr. Flores is feeling the heat and is now trying to wind this up before he may get the boot.

One thing to keep in mind. This is just one of many sections in your contract. Even if this is good for some of you, please look at every section in the contract before you decide if it is really good for ALL.

One thing is for sure. Mr. Flores is feeling the heat and is now trying to wind this up before he may get the boot.

Maybe the prudent course is just give him and the negotiating committee the boot and eliminate the so-called "heat" and get it right...... the first time out of the box.

Something this group hasn't been able to do in quite sometime.

Sorry, I am a reserve and if this is voted in I will wear the tire tracks of this swoosh bus for years to come. Flores and Carol should be ashamed of themselves for bringing this trash to us.

Latest posts

Back