Boycott Opening Day Celebrations

eolesen said:
Yep. And I was opposed to the merger, too, if you bothered to pay attention. I think it's a bad deal for everyone involved.

But it's over. The deal is done. A boycott of free food won't change any of that.

The bigger issue is that Bob & others spend all their time pissing and moaning while looking in the rear view mirror.

That approach hasn't done squat for the employees at either airline. It's time for a new approach if you guys are ever going to get out of the holes your CBA's have put you in repeatedly.
Yea new approach but same company unions with business as usual. That is the problem. We can not move on when our unions put their interests in front of the members. That is why we are always complaining. When we try to make a change we are so divided because of all the special interests within the union,

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
It will show the company the solidarity of the work force.
Right now US' is complaining that the US mechanic and related arent taking overtime, well in the CBA you cant be forced to work more than your 40 hours a week.

Seems the International operation is taking delays as are planes in heavy as they are not meeting their ETRs.

This is the process because no airline ever negotiates in good faith, I lived it for 20 years at US.
What as a AMT?

Elitist.

So how come Kevin McCormick ran AMFA's money for the tune of $12,000 a month paid to him, he ran a real estate management company, yet he negotiated AMFA's CBA and even signed it.

A man who never was a mechanic, never worked with mechanics, never shared a common goal, nor ever worked for an airline.

You are all a bunch of hypocrites, you attack me, and yet its ok cause AMFA let a non-mechanic, non-airline person to negotiate a CBA with NW for A&Ps.

700UW said:
Bob, I have posted it numerous times, and it was out during the IBT campaign, I even quoted and replied to you and informed you and others what is being asked for.

Posted at least several times.

Funny US's AMTs still make a bit more than you at AA and the scope, benefits, vacation, pension are all better than what you agreed too.

And get off your high horse, US filed chapter 11 twice in less than two years, had a CBA abrogated in 2005, this is the first section 6 negotiations since 1999.

I know you are a smart man, but its time for you to start understanding what happened, US was in Chapter 11 twice, in 2002 and 2004 filings, you and your group gave concessions out of Chapter 11 in 2003, negotiated for several years and never got a new CBA and then AA pulls the Section 1113 C in bankruptcy and you have finally seen what its like.

Maybe you should have done a better job at AA and gotten a better CBA, oh wait you couldnt, but you expect everyone else in the industry too.  To time wake up and smell the coffee and use logic and facts instead of emotions.
 Would have been less typing to just answer the question or provide a link. Again, what are you looking for as far as a topped out wage?

By the way, we are going into 2014, so enough of what happened in 2004.  Didnt you guys agree to concessions in 2002 just prior to US's first BK filing? UAL and Delta both went BK , came out after you and they both are better paid than either of us.  Either way the fact is you agreed to deals that denied you the section 6 process for 14 years.

I'm in favor of supporting you guys but I dont think its too much to ask what exactly are we supporting?

And like I tell you everytime you bring up how bad we did at AA I dont make excuses for what we gave up, I voted against all of it, but at least we finally got rid of Little and his team. You are still making excuses, in fact your only excuse is we did worse. Thats one of the reasons why I was against this merger and would have rather seen us merge with anyone but US, taking the two most submissive groups and mergeing them into a super carrier isnt good for the profession as it will drive down wages.

Will the deal you are asking for have the effect of driving our wage after the mid term wage adjustment below what Delta currently pays or above what Delta currently pays?

Reactions: 3 people
No Bob, concessions werent agreed to when US filed in August of 2002, they IAM and US held talks, no progress was made, US came into negotiations on a Sunday, said here take it or leave it and filed Chapter 11 that afternoon.

We voted on the final offer and rejected it, only to vote on it again after Siegel threatened Section 1113 C and to hold his own vote, the International stepped in as Dave Siegel the CEO at the time sent letters to all our houses.  Roach agreed to vote it again and it passed, that decision I didnt agree with and I voted NO.  Then right before X-Mas of 2002 COB David Bronner threatened to shut US down so more concessions were agreed too.

They are asking for a 7% raise time of signing, pension increase to $104 multiplier which would be a $2 an hour, the extra week of vacation, full pay for sick time regardless of your bank, increase in scope protections, increase in license pay and the restoration of shift differential.  Top out would be around $38 an hour, seeking a two year bridge agreement then go into JCBA once Section 6 negotiations are finalized and a new CBA is agreed too.

Do you not understand that the CBA was abrogated in February of 2005, there was no agreement reached.

Some improvement were gotten in 2008 Transition Agreement, and been in Section 6 for almost three years and the board wont release the IAM, so matters are being taken into the members' hands.

700UW said:
Elitist.

So how come Kevin McCormick ran AMFA's money for the tune of $12,000 a month paid to him, he ran a real estate management company, yet he negotiated AMFA's CBA and even signed it.

A man who never was a mechanic, never worked with mechanics, never shared a common goal, nor ever worked for an airline.
You are all a bunch of hypocrites, you attack me, and yet its ok cause AMFA let a non-mechanic, non-airline person to negotiate a CBA with NW for A&Ps.
Funny how when you get pissed you call us Elitists. We never considered ourselves elitists. Industrial unionist as yourself for some reason think we are. How sad.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
Elitist.

You jealous or something? You keep bringing him up and keep attacking the AMT craft.
Your not a AMT and do not work for the airlines anymore. WOW, just amazing.

Reactions: 4 people
If the deal was abrogated in 2005 then why didnt you strike? The RLA is pretty clear that when a carrier abrogates a contract, especially as far as rates of pay and other items that would constitute a Major Dispute that we can strike. The predicent that Continental set in 2003 was still in effect, that wasnt was not overturned till 2007 at AFA/NWA. You keep saying the contract was abrogated, but leave out the fact that the members voted on and approved a deal that was brought back, but not vigorously endoresed by the IAM (Did they start making and advertize strike preparations in the event of a rejection?) You are misleading through omission, the APA contract at AA was abrogated as well. http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/judge-lets-american-airlines-toss-out-its-pilots-contract.html/ They negotiated an improved deal and voted on it, and remain among the highest paid pilots in the industry.

What you are asking for is dissapointing, it would still leave you around $2hr below what UAL rejected, have not factored in the value of Hol;idays etc though. But, its still worth supporting and making sure we do everthing we can to make sure you get it because your $38 wont bring our mid term wage adjustment down as much as your current $34/hr.

With ual new contract id say may be 2 or 3nyrs but i sure hope im wrong on that.. as for the new AA at least they cannot tell the iam they cant afford to pay us more given their back room door buster deal they made w aa and their unions

There wil be no shortage of drooling dogs here.....  IF......  they serve anything free.

A fork in both hands and foil lined pockets to take stuff home.  You'll see.

You AA people don't understand what a bunch of puppy dog on their back type of employees you just inherited.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe the union/rec committee should hold their own food giveaway and see what line the "drooling dogs" end up in...

700UW said:
No Bob, concessions werent agreed to when US filed in August of 2002, they IAM and US held talks, no progress was made, US came into negotiations on a Sunday, said here take it or leave it and filed Chapter 11 that afternoon.
We voted on the final offer and rejected it, only to vote on it again after Siegel threatened Section 1113 C and to hold his own vote, the International stepped in as Dave Siegel the CEO at the time sent letters to all our houses.  Roach agreed to vote it again and it passed, that decision I didnt agree with and I voted NO.  Then right before X-Mas of 2002 COB David Bronner threatened to shut US down so more concessions were agreed too.

They are asking for a 7% raise time of signing, pension increase to $104 multiplier which would be a $2 an hour, the extra week of vacation, full pay for sick time regardless of your bank, increase in scope protections, increase in license pay and the restoration of shift differential.  Top out would be around $38 an hour, seeking a two year bridge agreement then go into JCBA once Section 6 negotiations are finalized and a new CBA is agreed too.

Do you not understand that the CBA was abrogated in February of 2005, there was no agreement reached.

Some improvement were gotten in 2008 Transition Agreement, and been in Section 6 for almost three years and the board wont release the IAM, so matters are being taken into the members' hands.
Ah yes,  the "You are confused" re- vote. 

And the "Dear Mrs. So and So,  Your husband is so confused.  He needs to vote Yes", letter.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

But you make it sound like we stood tall, but I remember different.  The "Fighting Machinists" caved like little children.  With the unions blessing.

How much did the union earn on that one?  Was it 1.5 million?

Real tired said:
There wil be no shortage of drooling dogs here.....  IF......  they serve anything free.

A fork in both hands and foil lined pockets to take stuff home.  You'll see.

You AA people don't understand what a bunch of puppy dog on their back type of employees you just inherited.
I'd wager that TULE puppy dogs are twice as bad as PIT!

Latest posts