Boycott Opening Day Celebrations

Real tired said:
Ah yes,  the "You are confused" re- vote. 

And the "Dear Mrs. So and So,  Your husband is so confused.  He needs to vote Yes", letter.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

But you make it sound like we stood tall, but I remember different.  The "Fighting Machinists" caved like little children.  With the unions blessing.

How much did the union earn on that one?  Was it 1.5 million?

Are you talking about AA/TWU or US/IAM?

Reactions: 2 people
WOW, these last few posts are a bit confusing. I can't tell them apart from the twu,aa,iam or usair. This why we are divided at aa. I'm sure its not any different at usair.

Reactions: 1 person
"eolesen"
He is right! The deal is done. If you want to get mad at anyone it should be the ones who took the early out and voted in this contract.
As far as the free food, I'll ship lunch to make extra room for what ever they offer.
As of Monday American Airlines is the same airline, but in name only. We are now US Airways with the AA name.

Reactions: 4 people
The TWU asks you to do something, and you do it?   If it were me, I'd go to their free food celebration wearing a T-shirt with "F&$@ the TWU"  on one side and "Go AMFA" on the other side and then send selfies to Gary Drummond and all the other TWU stooges.    But stand arm-in-arm with the TWU International leadership if it makes you feel better.    Doing what the TWU recommends has been so good for you all these years . . . 

Reactions: 3 people
bob@las-AA said:
"eolesen"
He is right! The deal is done. If you want to get mad at anyone it should be the ones who took the early out and voted in this contract.
As far as the free food, I'll ship lunch to make extra room for what ever they offer.
As of Monday American Airlines is the same airline, but in name only. We are now US Airways with the AA name.
This is going to be great.  A whole new round of " who saved who".

Did AWA save USAir?  Now did US save AA?  So finally that makes it..... Did AWA save AA?

I hope on Monday, I don't choke on a free chicken bone from Boston Market.  Or is it going to be ice cream?  Or maybe cheese pizza?  My mouth just waters.

In fact, we had a guy here that used to fill his plate and just throw it into the trash.  The union said he had to stop that happiness, and either eat it or don't come to the party, but don't ruin it for the rest of the hungry yes voters.

Reactions: 2 people
Real tired said:
In fact, we had a guy here that used to fill his plate and just throw it into the trash.  The union said he had to stop that happiness, and either eat it or don't come to the party, but don't ruin it for the rest of the hungry yes voters.
Wonderful idea.....

bob@las-AA said:
"eolesen"
No, more like,
USAir,Piedmont,
AmericaWest,
PSA,
TWA,
AirCal,
American,
Reno,
Allegheny,
Lake Central,
Mohawk, Empire,
US Airways Shuttle

No particular order between airlines since in less than 24 hours we will be an all one big cluster of an airline with unhappy employees. I could go farther back but I doubt any employees are still around except Al Blackman that I am aware of at American.
Feel free to add to the list if I left any other one out in the last 40 years.
So yes we will be an ALL AMERICAN AIRLINE. Good luck to all Monday morning.

How about a ring the bell boycott? :
http://www.newson6.com/story/24166163/american-airliens-ceo-employees-to-ring-stock-exchange-bell
American Airlines CEO, Employees To Ring Stock Exchange Opening Bell Posted: Dec 08, 2013 3:06 PM CST Updated: Dec 08, 2013 3:06 PM CST

NewsOn6.com - email

Tulsa, Oklahoma - Employees of the new American Airlines Group will ring the opening bell for NASDAQ Monday morning to signify the merger of transportation giants American Airlines and US Airways.

"The event signifies the official close of the merger and the end of restructuring," an AA release states.

Doug Parker, CEO, will ring the bell remotely from the company's Fort Worth headquarters due to weather conditions.

Your not going to be one airline tomorrow.

The only thing that changes is that US and AA will be subsidiaries of American Airlines Group.

Operations wont be combined, the airlines will be operating as two separate airlines.

And Doug will be CEO, thats all.

700UW said:
Your not going to be one airline tomorrow.

The only thing that changes is that US and AA will be subsidiaries of American Airlines Group.

Operations wont be combined, the airlines will be operating as two separate airlines.

And Doug will be CEO, thats all.
Give it a break will you please. I make a general comment and you have to analyze and break it down to details that no one at this point care about. Your not even employed by either airline.

Reactions: 3 people
1AA said:
No, more like,
USAir,Piedmont,
AmericaWest,
PSA,
TWA,
AirCal,
American,
Reno,
Allegheny,
Lake Central,
Mohawk, Empire,
US Airways Shuttle

No particular order between airlines since in less than 24 hours we will be an all one big cluster of an airline with unhappy employees. I could go farther back but I doubt any employees are still around except Al Blackman that I am aware of at American.
Feel free to add to the list if I left any other one out in the last 40 years.
So yes we will be an ALL AMERICAN AIRLINE. Good luck to all Monday morning.

1AA said:
Give it a break will you please. I make a general comment and you have to analyze and break it down to details that no one at this point care about. Your not even employed by either airline.

If you dont like it, then dont read it, there is an ignore feature.

Funny if you didnt care then why did you reply?
Time for you to grow up.

1AA said:
he has to make sure everyone knows how smart he is and that he was on the negotiation committee at US.

Reactions: 7 people
iluvaa said:
he has to make sure everyone knows how smart he is and that he was on the negotiation committee at US.
Obsessed much?

Stalk much?

You just cant resist, now can you.

So when are you gonna answer about Kevin McCormick?