Express Beverage Service on Mainline

She is one of the nicest people I have come across at any airport. And like I said in another thread, I have come across some of those HP people who pride themselves to be so keen on customer service in PHX and LAS and let me tell you, some of them are NAS-T!

Agreed! And if they aren't OUR customers, then they'll soon be WN's because they DO pour a full drink service on these routes.
Then let's see you pull out a 250lb. beverage cart and race through the cabin during turbulence. The difference is that WN does not have to contend with the cart and can put down the tray and suspend service quickly in turbulence. If East should be doing our "Nine hole Express Service" on those routes then that should be communicated to the flight attendants in the appropriate manner and then it should be done. For the record PHX-SAN and PHX-LAS is considered express beverage service on the West as well (although I'm not sure how it is considered express when they have to fight with that cart) and the difference is that East provides drinks on Express but only certain types and from a nine hole tray which I think is much safer and gets the job done.

Without AWA AQUIRING (yes aquired your Bankrupt airline) YOU would not be here today to gloat about your precious senority..but instead worrying about which basket of Fries or which burger needs to be flipped at McDonalds!

Maybe if you got up off your C&D sized bottom to provide a beverage service, OUR passengers would not decide to fly Southwest.

Next!
You know what--- you really need to ease up!! The more I read the things that you write the more I'm convinced that you have no idea. This is not East Vs. West although I've seen some of the goods you are trying to push and I really am not impressed nor can I understand why you act like AWA was some major force that was going to take on the world when in fact the majority of the time AWA has been in business it has been a struggle to keep it going. Although some of the West employees that I have met seem to be some wonderful (and fun) people I am really not very thrilled by anything else that I see coming out of PHX. With that being said I think we can all agree that infight should be keeping up with the changes that have been implemented.

Well the reason we are junior is because our airline AWA was founded in 1983. US is made up of many carriers some of which carried their senority and bitter attitudes with them. Hope that clarifies that issue.

Like it not, we worked for low wages, and continue to do so to keep our jobs. Many of our AWA employees gave up alot to keep the airline running back in the early days. Just as all of you at the OLD US did to keep your company afloat during 2 bankruptcies! Let me remind you, you were DAYS of losing your precious senority..and your job. Without AWA AQUIRING (yes aquired your Bankrupt airline) YOU would not be here today to gloat about your precious senority..but instead worrying about which basket of Fries or which burger needs to be flipped at McDonalds!

WE are a family..ONE airline...get used to it, as you are a part of the NEW US...and we all need to stick together.

The start of this thread was to remind ALL of us to take care of the passenger...its not that difficult to roll out your beverage cart and provide our paying passengers a beverage on the flight to Vegas. Stop being lazy and take care of OUR passengers. I get sick to my stomach to hear that on long haul flights thos LAZY FAs stick a bag of pretzels, water and a stack of cups out infront of your closed curtain galley for OUR passengers to help themselves when you should be doing YOUR job! Maybe if you got up off your C&D sized bottom to provide a beverage service, OUR passengers would not decide to fly Southwest.

Next!
Uh, people want a low fare. THAT'S IT. US East gives them a coke or sprite on short flights, and I am sure they would not "book away" from us because of that. Let's look at the big pic here: It's a drink on a 35 minute flight....everybody breathe..... :lol:

But I do appreciate your passion...... :up:

i do believe their was a CBS message regarding pairings from phx.....i know that the phx-san pairing that i worked was scheduled for a LIMITED beverage service per the cbs message. i guess once the operational merge is complete service guidlines will be standardized. by the way, not all east people are bitter. sounds like some west people are.....i just say relax people, this too shall pass. its just another merger :blink: :) ;)

THATS RIGHT PEOPLE, GET OUT THERE ON THE 31ST AND SHOW SOME B%#@S!! THIS MERGER HAS HAPPENED, OVER AND DONE!! NOW ITS TIME TO GET A FAIR CONTRACT FOR ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!

Two weeks before we started these flights a CBS was sent out to ALL US East F/A's explaining the service parameters for these flights. It was clearly explained that a full beverage service on these legs. However it has not been added to the service at a glance sheets in the crew rooms. Maybe that will help clear the confusion.

When I did the SAN-PHX-SAN-PHX-PHL we used two carts one from the front and one starting in the back and worked to the exit rows, once F was taken care of, and the whole service took us 15 min on a full flight.

Well the reason we are junior is because our airline AWA was founded in 1983. US is made up of many carriers some of which carried their senority and bitter attitudes with them. Hope that clarifies that issue.

Like it not, we worked for low wages, and continue to do so to keep our jobs. Many of our AWA employees gave up alot to keep the airline running back in the early days. Just as all of you at the OLD US did to keep your company afloat during 2 bankruptcies!
WE are a family..ONE airline...get used to it, as you are a part of the NEW US...and we all need to stick together.

The start of this thread was to remind ALL of us to take care of the passenger...its not that difficult to roll out your beverage cart and provide our paying passengers a beverage on the flight to Vegas. Stop being lazy and take care of OUR passengers. I get sick to my stomach to hear that on long haul flights thos LAZY FAs stick a bag of pretzels, water and a stack of cups out infront of your closed curtain galley for OUR passengers to help themselves when you should be doing YOUR job! Maybe if you got up off your C&D sized bottom to provide a beverage service, OUR passengers would not decide to fly Southwest.

Next!
Just thought I would point this out to you in case you hadn't seen it yet. These are highlights taken from the press release that was posted this morning:

America West was treated as the acquiring company for accounting purposes under Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 141, "Business
Combinations."

On a standalone basis, America West reported a net profit excluding special items of $3 million for the third quarter 2006.
US Airways reported a net profit excluding special items of $109 million on a standalone basis for the third quarter 2006.

NEXT!

Obviously you forgot we are ALL in this together as ONE carrier...If it wasnt for the Former AWA, you would not have a job! This NEW USAirways is just that a NEW company with the OLD US name and alot of their OLD bitter employees that maybe should have been given a new Date of hire as Sept 27,2005! NEXT!

Get with the program and take care of our passengers, I do not want to be included in your mistakes to lead us yet to a third Bankruptcy!

sky high states: YOUR TONE doesnt fall far from bitter either. Instead of starting this topic with accusations and put-downs, you COULD OF BEEN HELPFUL to your FELLOW EMPLOYEE and resolved the issue with a SOLUTION!!!!!!
The COMPANY is responsible for service procedures! AND communicating to the F/A group on BOTH SIDES what and when to serve. Point your finger, elsewhere!

only stating opinions!

Obviously you forgot we are ALL in this together as ONE carrier...If it wasnt for the Former AWA, you would not have a job! This NEW USAirways is just that a NEW company with the OLD US name and alot of their OLD bitter employees that maybe should have been given a new Date of hire as Sept 27,2005! NEXT!

Get with the program and take care of our passengers, I do not want to be included in your mistakes to lead us yet to a third Bankruptcy!

EXCUSE ME? If It Wasn't For The Former AWA We Would NOT Have A Job? Your Kidding Right? If I Recall, The Former AWA Was About To Go Into The Shi##er A@@ Wipe!!!!! :down:

EXCUSE ME? If It Wasn't For The Former AWA We Would NOT Have A Job? Your Kidding Right? If I Recall, The Former AWA Was About To Go Into The Shi##er A@@ Wipe!!!!! :down:

No kidding! A 3 million dollar profit out west? You people are the weak link... :down:

I've seen many of your people in action. they could be in a skit on saturday night live.

keep wearing your jeans...keep talking to yourself as you go about your business on the plane...keep verifying who will make the cell phone announcement when the plane lands...keep verifying your liquor counts...keep counting the headsets...keep writing up your fellow flight attendants for going overwing...keep pouring half the mini in drinks...it's all good...and funny has heck too (except for the 1/2 mini part...that is just pathetic)...talk about the fool

Jeans? counting headsets? writing up flight attendants?? Pouring half a mini? counting headsets? WTF? I don't do any of those, I'm an old school f/a and don't do any of those things that you mentioned. You don't work here and you've never worked with any of the west f/a's. Only a small percentage probably do this maybe 1 percent. You're the pathetic one! Go away fool!

You seem to agree that the east way service of not providing service in the phx-las markets are superb. You are laughable.

I'm not going to waste my precious breath on you. You've been ignored permanently. lol....

Two weeks before we started these flights a CBS was sent out to ALL US East F/A's explaining the service parameters for these flights. It was clearly explained that a full beverage service on these legs. However it has not been added to the service at a glance sheets in the crew rooms. Maybe that will help clear the confusion.

When I did the SAN-PHX-SAN-PHX-PHL we used two carts one from the front and one starting in the back and worked to the exit rows, once F was taken care of, and the whole service took us 15 min on a full flight.

Thanks Andy for making a Solution for the confusion!

Glad to hear that you had no problem providing the passengers a FULL beverage service.
:up:

Well if a CBS message came from the company it MUST be correct. Andy I know your just stating the facts but to be honest they are wrong many, many times. Since the east service at a glance sheet does not show the the service level for those west coast city pairs we would go by flight time of similar length. Just because that is the service level offered by the PHX based side does not mean we do the same. If we are to "follow procedure". ;) We don't clean on flights west of the Mississippi river either. Shall we clean then as well? NO. There are many differences that exist between the two since we are STILL operating and considered two seperate companies. All this mention of a 9hole tray though makes me gag. If its that turbulant that you can't take a cart out im not going to try for "f/a of the year" and balance 9 drinks on a tray whether they be hot or cold. An express on a cart is MUCH easier and less running. I hate that..."i need 1 coke, 2 waters and 1 sprite...oh and i need 2 cokes 1 water and 3 sprites. Save the running though some could use it. :lol: Eventually we will do more things the same. In the meantime I'll just have to use the companies line, "pardon our dust". :lol:

sky high states: Here's the problem, Had they emailed me to pick up a NEW SERVICE CHART including the new WEST flights, I would have used that as a resource.

only stating opinions.

Latest posts