F/a Recall

Are we ever going to drop this topic about the lawsuit and AA vs. TWA this and that? Let the courts decide the final fate. Nobody excpet the courts can decide it and that's a fact. Let's just be happy that we have up to 610 furloughees coming back to join those of us who are on the line. The former TWA f/a's are only 2 weeks date time from being recalled (March 22, 2001 to April 10, 2001) is not that far off. If this ORD-PVG goes through, AA will have to recall again. The IOR proffer will be huge and it will eliminate hundreds of domestic f/a's to international.

I'm looking forward to everyone coming back and we can finally be one big happy group of f/a's again!

Here is my opinion of the above post regarding the seniority pickle at STL. I personally believe that the TWA recalled flight attendants will be sent to bases where there are openings. No naatives will be displaced involuntarily; however, I feel that TWA flight attendants will have first dibs on STL and will regain their seniority at the base as transfers are granted.

Most naatives in STL are trying to get elsewhere, mainly Dallas and Miami and as they move out more openings will occur. I personally believe a side letter will have to be agreed upon between the Union and the Company to close any loop holes in the SIA i n order to permit TWA to return home.

That is my own opinion.

New York tends to be open all the time and for those of you that want to return to NYC, I feel that you will get that option.

Congratulations to all the returning furloughees.

It would even be better if we had all of our furloughees back.

Just want to congratulate all of you who have been recalled. It will be a great day when ALL who are waiting to return are allowed to do so. It can't come soon enough for most of us.
However, reading this thread tonight, I can't help but feel there is something else to celebrate. It is the subtle change in attitude that we are beginning to have towards one another. Is it possible that after the proverbial dust has settled, we could truly be a unified work force? Wouldn't that be something!

jimntx said:
However, they were expecting a 25% rejection rate. That's why the recall is large as it is. Lauri Curtis stated as much in one of her hotlines.
[post="189541"][/post]​

Does anyone have an idea of what the numbers are for each base for the returning flight attendants? I know STL, LGA, BOS, and DCA are open for transfer, but do not know how many are slotted for each

That's what I've been trying to find out, to no avail. SLT was my first choice, and I have heard everything from 20 to 200 as the number of slots available at SLT. There are currently about 40 people on the transfer list to SLT.

jimntx said:
That's what I've been trying to find out, to no avail. SLT was my first choice, and I have heard everything from 20 to 200 as the number of slots available at SLT. There are currently about 40 people on the transfer list to SLT.
[post="189597"][/post]​

Keep us posted Jim. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get STL

Rumor Has it that there will be approx. 65 to SLT, 20 to DCA, and the rest to LGA.

we'll see how it plays out

I know that the VAST majority of you F/a's (Naatives AND LLCers) know FULL well, that this "ol' Bear" has only the VERY BEST wishes for your group !

With that said, If what(like you) I'm hearin' that "things" could get "lean and mean" at mainline, this coming Feb/05,(potential grounding of fleet types) what kind of HYPOTHETICAL numbers(potential furloughs)"might" you be looking at, or is it just too early to tell, at this point in time ??

One DAM* thing is for sure, this friggin' Government needs to QUIT "propping up (very) $$ sick carriers.

I CRINGE, AT THE THOUGHT OF "ANY" UNION AIRLINE EMPLOYEE LOSING HIS/HER JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT,
"Charity begins at home" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's