Furlough Administrator Update - June 5

Just FYI in case anybody cares.

Wife went into labor yesterday morning. I was on a day-trip in Boston.

Flight department sent a few pilots and wives to the hospital to be with her and, at the same time, called me and said come on home.

Melted the skin off of the ol' Learjet at .80 for 2.5 hours. Walked into the hospital just as she was starting to push.

Made it in the nick of time. <phew> He was born at 15:30, 10 days early, weighing 6lbs 14oz.

If any of you ever hear him say he wants to be a pilot feel free to smack him around a bit!

Made it in the nick of time. <phew> He was born at 15:30, 10 days early, weighing 6lbs 14oz.

congratulations on the birth of your son

Just FYI in case anybody cares.

Wife went into labor yesterday morning. I was on a day-trip in Boston.

Flight department sent a few pilots and wives to the hospital to be with her and, at the same time, called me and said come on home.

Melted the skin off of the ol' Learjet at .80 for 2.5 hours. Walked into the hospital just as she was starting to push.

If any of you ever hear him say he wants to be a pilot feel free to smack him around a bit!

Congratulations! I have a very similar story but in the end I missed my daughter's birth by about 30 minutes. Got up that morning and my wife said she felt it was close but to go ahead and take the boss to DCA and back. So I did. Not 30 minutes after getting to DCA she calls and says her water broke. One of the other pilots picked up my wife and took her to the hospital while another got on a plane to commercial airline to DCA. I commerciald on USAir to CMH but missed the birth. The CEO, upon arriving at the plane that afternoon and being appraised of the situation, asked why in the h@ll didn't I just take the airplane home! I couldn't believe that one...he was surprised I didn't just jump in the Lear and scoot home. That's what I call taking care of your people. I missed my daughter's birth but the thought from the CEO of a Fortune 100 company meant a lot. Talk about taking care of your people.

But congratulations again. I'm glad you made the birth. There's nothing like being a dad.

p.s. None of my kids will be pilots either. My kids will make something of themselves in life!

That is a beautiful thing. Congratulations!!!

That cushy corporate gig will seem even better from here on out. :D

Latest posts