Gary Yingst Vote letter is incorrect.....go figure?

2ndGENAMT said:
http://www.nmb.gov/archive/activ-rpts/weekly-activity-report-july-21-july-25-2014/#2

When I see a representational vote filed here then I will believe it is a certification vote until then my belief is it will be an internal vote and if the association is voted down then a filing for representation between TWU and IAM will happen!
I agree.  I have said this from the very beginning.  When I wrote the NMB they told me (also in writing) and I posted for all to read, that anything to do with 2 unions merging, combining, or making an alliance is an "internal" union issue and it is "out of the NMB's jurisdiction".   Now this took place along time ago, if the TWU and IAM got a little smart and changed how they filed it or what they called it with closed door meetings with the NMB, then there very well could be the slitest chance of the NMB running this alliance vote but I very seriously doubt that this will happen.  I honestly think it will play out as you say above.   IF it is ran by the unions, I do believe there will only be 2 choices on the ballot 1- Alliance and 2- No-Union.   The No-Union option is there simply as a scare tactic to scare the living day lights out of the membership to force them to vote for the alliance.  The two options should be 1-  Yes for the Alliance,  or 2-  No against the alliance  (not No-Union) scare tactic.  I also agree that if they vote against this alliance there will in fact be another vote later on between the TWU and IAM once merged.  Now if the NMB runs this alliance vote there should be option as Chuck indicated to write in AMFA (or any union you choose).  If the NMB does not run said election then there will be another vote ran by the NMB between the TWU/IAM and you can damb be sure you will have the option at this time.  
I encourage any of you guys involved to write the NMB and get your questions answered in writing, then take those answers to the Alliance folks and confront them.  Do not just rely on what the TWU/IAM and Alliance supporters tell you.  Do not just rely on what AMFA supporters or myself, do your own homework it will be well worth it.  Be prepared, know ALL your real options available to you not just what these unions are telling you guys to save their buts from being removed.

1AA said:
The way it was explained to me was that if I am currently at a TWU represented station and the Alliance is voted in with an internal vote and now I am at a station that is represented by the IAM then a change in my representation body has been made. All well and fine but in order to have a different union represent me then I believe it falls under the NMB voting process. If I wanted the IBT or AMFA to represent me then the process should be the same? The IAM is now inheriting my contract just as if we voted through the NMB. Same should apply if AMFA or IBT inherits my contract under NMB rules.

This is why the Alliance is trying to figure a way to pass this alliance without any possibility of decertification either through a no union choice, a write in option or a intervenor. This is coming from my union reps at AA. Not from some outsider who thinks he knows what will or should happen.
You said, "and the Alliance is voted in with an internal vote"  curious to who told you this as this is the exact words used by the NMB.  There is a HUGE difference between an internal vote held and ran by the unions and an election vote held and ran by the NMB, a very big difference...

swamt said:
I agree.  I have said this from the very beginning.  When I wrote the NMB they told me (also in writing) and I posted for all to read, that anything to do with 2 unions merging, combining, or making an alliance is an "internal" union issue and it is "out of the NMB's jurisdiction".   Now this took place along time ago, if the TWU and IAM got a little smart and changed how they filed it or what they called it with closed door meetings with the NMB, then there very well could be the slitest chance of the NMB running this alliance vote but I very seriously doubt that this will happen.  I honestly think it will play out as you say above.   IF it is ran by the unions, I do believe there will only be 2 choices on the ballot 1- Alliance and 2- No-Union.   The No-Union option is there simply as a scare tactic to scare the living day lights out of the membership to force them to vote for the alliance.  The two options should be 1-  Yes for the Alliance,  or 2-  No against the alliance  (not No-Union) scare tactic.  I also agree that if they vote against this alliance there will in fact be another vote later on between the TWU and IAM once merged.  Now if the NMB runs this alliance vote there should be option as Chuck indicated to write in AMFA (or any union you choose).  If the NMB does not run said election then there will be another vote ran by the NMB between the TWU/IAM and you can damb be sure you will have the option at this time.  
I encourage any of you guys involved to write the NMB and get your questions answered in writing, then take those answers to the Alliance folks and confront them.  Do not just rely on what the TWU/IAM and Alliance supporters tell you.  Do not just rely on what AMFA supporters or myself, do your own homework it will be well worth it.  Be prepared, know ALL your real options available to you not just what these unions are telling you guys to save their buts from being removed.
Wrong!!!

WeAAsles said:
I have posted the results in these forums.  It is not wrong.  But I do like how you copied exactly what I did to you, speaks volumes...

BTW the Wrong I posted for you is because if there is 2 highest votes for two options and the total is not 50% + 1 they do not have equal the exact same number as you posted, it would be a run off with the two highest and they do not have to match exactly.

Better get those AMFA cards signed:

IAM, TWU Alliance moves forward with American Airlines Single Carrier Filing

August 6, 2014   

In a move that will lead to joint contract negotiations for more than 30,000 members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) and Transport Workers Union (TWU), the two unions today jointly petitioned the National Mediation Board (NMB) asking it declare that post-merger American Airlines and US Airways are now operating as a single transportation system for employees in the Mechanic & Related, Fleet Service and Stores classifications.

Today’s filing is a necessary precursor to an NMB election to certify the TWU-IAM Employee Association, an alliance between the IAM and TWU formed last year, as the collective bargaining representative for all employees in the affected classifications at the new American Airlines. There is no defined timeframe for the NMB to act on today’s petition.

IAM International President Tom Buffenbarger and TWU International President Harry Lombardo issued the following statement after the filing:

“Today begins the next step in achieving the airline industry’s best labor agreements at the world’s largest airline. American Airlines has entered into an era of super-profits and it’s now time for our combined 30,000 members at the airline to secure the industry’s premier contracts. Our members, by pooling resources and uniting in solidarity, present the most formidable labor alliance in the airline industry. Executives and shareholders are profiting handsomely, and this alliance will ensure our members are also rewarded for their hard work and sacrifice.”

Each pre-merger group will continue working under their existing collective bargaining agreements until joint agreements are negotiated and ratified.

Also announced with this filing is the first membership benefit, a Preferential Hiring Agreement between the two unions and American Airlines. Under its terms, furloughed members from either American or US Airways will be offered, but are not required to accept, open job opportunities at the other airline without loss of pay seniority.

More information about the IAM-TWU alliance and the Preferential Hiring Agreement is available at
usaamerger.com and twu.org.

700UW said:

Better get those AMFA cards signed:

IAM, TWU Alliance moves forward with American Airlines Single Carrier Filing

August 6, 2014   

In a move that will lead to joint contract negotiations for more than 30,000 members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) and Transport Workers Union (TWU), the two unions today jointly petitioned the National Mediation Board (NMB) asking it declare that post-merger American Airlines and US Airways are now operating as a single transportation system for employees in the Mechanic & Related, Fleet Service and Stores classifications.

Today’s filing is a necessary precursor to an NMB election to certify the TWU-IAM Employee Association, an alliance between the IAM and TWU formed last year, as the collective bargaining representative for all employees in the affected classifications at the new American Airlines. There is no defined timeframe for the NMB to act on today’s petition.

IAM International President Tom Buffenbarger and TWU International President Harry Lombardo issued the following statement after the filing:

“Today begins the next step in achieving the airline industry’s best labor agreements at the world’s largest airline. American Airlines has entered into an era of super-profits and it’s now time for our combined 30,000 members at the airline to secure the industry’s premier contracts. Our members, by pooling resources and uniting in solidarity, present the most formidable labor alliance in the airline industry. Executives and shareholders are profiting handsomely, and this alliance will ensure our members are also rewarded for their hard work and sacrifice.”

Each pre-merger group will continue working under their existing collective bargaining agreements until joint agreements are negotiated and ratified.

Also announced with this filing is the first membership benefit, a Preferential Hiring Agreement between the two unions and American Airlines. Under its terms, furloughed members from either American or US Airways will be offered, but are not required to accept, open job opportunities at the other airline without loss of pay seniority.

More information about the IAM-TWU alliance and the Preferential Hiring Agreement is available at
usaamerger.com and twu.org.

You could enlarge this post to the size of a billboard...BUT........IT'S STILL A 

NO TO THE ALLIANCE!

Reactions: 2 people
I haven't come accross one AMT that supports the stupid alliance.  Not even one AMT!  Two real bad unions does not make one good union!  Just the thought of this unholy alliance is enough to make me sick!

Reactions: 10 people
swamt said:
I have posted the results in these forums.  It is not wrong.  But I do like how you copied exactly what I did to you, speaks volumes...

BTW the Wrong I posted for you is because if there is 2 highest votes for two options and the total is not 50% + 1 they do not have equal the exact same number as you posted, it would be a run off with the two highest and they do not have to match exactly.
Well if I'm incorrect then thank you. I'm humble enough to admit I'm wrong if it's proven to me in writing from an official source. Had you just done that in the first place I wouldn't have felt compelled to give you quid pro quo.

Now let me know where you were wrong since the association just filed with the NMB.

Chuck Schalk said:
if no one reaches 50% +1  then there will be A RUN-OFF election of the top 2 selections only.
thats what I would think but is that a fact?

The twu/IAM filed for single carrier status. Just like the pilots and flight attendants. Did it specifically say the alliance will have a vote? I believe this is the next step towards the alliance vote and jcba.

The filing will simply put into motion an investigation of the Single Carrier Status which could take months..Once that is determined I believe it is up to the NMB to determine whether an alliance vote between IAM\TWU will have to happen internally or an all out representational vote will take place..

I don't know what the outcome will be and I also don't believe anyone on here does..

It's a little dated and there was no Fiendish Alliance involved but this link is a good explanation of the process.

http://www.unitedafa.org/news/merger/vote/nmb/default.aspx

700UW said:
The NMB has already ruled in the FAs as a SCS.
What does this have to do with OUR process?
There was no Association involved!
I believe the AFA stepped aside and there was no vote held!
They are in the Meetings, Training and Facilitation now....

Reactions: 1 person
SCS is standard for every union, no matter if it's the Alliance or just them becoming a Single Carries Status due to a Single Transportation System, which they have ruled on for the Flight Attendants, and APA has also filed. Maybe instead of you and others being so eager to slam me, you should educate yourself on the process.

Latest posts