Gary Yingst Vote letter is incorrect.....go figure?

Also there always doesn't have to be a vote under SCS, there was no vote between the IAM and IBT for M&R for the US/HP merger. You know a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Ok I was in the no union over the alliance camp. But now I see write in is a valid option I'll defiantly be writing in AMFA and encouraging ever one I work with that was going to vote no union to do the same

700UW said:
SCS is standard for every union, no matter if it's the Alliance or just them becoming a Single Carries Status due to a Single Transportation System, which they have ruled on for the Flight Attendants, and APA has also filed. Maybe instead of you and others being so eager to slam me, you should educate yourself on the process.
Where did I Slam you?
Show me a case where an Association was involved that I may research and draw from

700UW said:
Also there always doesn't have to be a vote under SCS, there was no vote between the IAM and IBT for M&R for the US/HP merger. You know a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Didn't the IBT lose an appeal?

iluvaa said:
Ok I was in the no union over the alliance camp. But now I see write in is a valid option I'll defiantly be writing in AMFA and encouraging ever one I work with that was going to vote no union to do the same

iluvaa

The key to this is going to be IF the AMFA Organizers this time around have done a good enough job.

The number of cards needed to file at the end of this month is NOT where it needed to be to beat the IAM/TWU alliance to the NMB.

So many here at AA are still asking the same questions and others who just hate the fact that the mechanics want to be separate from the ramp and stores keep posting old information, just to keep the already un-informed mechanics confused and in the I don't care mode.

Most of the class 1 line stations have done well with cards with the exception of LA and SFO, StL. Tulsa still is the big problem here at AA. Not sure what type of hold the TWU has on them but NO Matter what the TWU has done to our class and craft they just can't get past the bs and sign cards. The TWU sticks it in and twists it, and yet the Tulsa guys won't sign AMFA cards.

The title 2 mechanics as well still feel that we the aircraft mechanics DON'T want them with us. No matter what we show them and what the NMB says about our class and craft. They still believe what the IBT told them, even though the IBT screwed us with their bs filing last yr.

As most of us have read from WNMech and others here the SWA guys are unsure if they even want AA to become AMFA. Scared we the AA guys will take and spend all of AMFA's money on AA problems, Vote out the Leaders at AMFA, "YES" that can be done. But what they don't realise is that we also bring lots of dues money to the table.
$7.2 Million a yr. We don't hear a thing from the Alaska guys. It's all SWA.

There are many here at AA who have ideas to help AMFA grow as a craft union so that the TWU/IAM/IBT won't be able to say it's just a mom/pop union with no membership.

Too many guys here at AA have just sat back and let the few AMFA Organizers do it all yr in/out. I signed a card what else do you need me to do? But these are the same guys who point fingers and say "AMFA" Failed to deliver.

No matter how many times we have said that this is a drive from within. A grassroots type of thing. Until we can show AMFA's National that we want to bring AMFA here to
AA why would they put on a full court press. AMFA's NEC did come to some line stations last yr. and went to Tulsa as well.

Many of the AMFA Organizers here at AA have been involved each time we have tried this. Why haven't more joined in if they want the TWU gone?

What ever happens with this Association it is on all the mechanics at both AA/USAirways.

If you don't want this to happen then you better get out of that I don't care mode and get involved with your career. Find out what the Assoc. has planned by reading the plan they have as we go forward.

Remember what we have lost since all of us have been employed at AA, and US since they are in this as well.  Has the IAM done what you wanted them too? Do you the US mechanics feel that the IAM is and will look out for your best interests?

Having NO UNION here would be a big mistake, if AA has taken so much from us with the Help of the TWU what do you think will happen if we have no union?

iluvAA a write in, in my opinion will not work and my reason is this. If we can't get enough guys to sign cards, How are we going to convince them to take the chance to write in AMFA?

We either get enough cards this time or SUFFER the TWU/IAM Associations rath for the remainder of our careers.

The idea of AMFA was the dream of O.V.Delle either we the airlines mechanics get involved with our Union or stop whining about what we feel the union has failed at.
It is Time we all stand together with one voice. It's time to make a change that will make a difference in our families future. It's time to change the culture the Industrial unions have brought upon our class and craft.

AMFA at AA 2014

AMFAinMIAMI said:

As most of us have read from WNMech and others here the SWA guys are unsure if they even want AA to become AMFA. Scared we the AA guys will take and spend all of AMFA's money on AA problems, Vote out the Leaders at AMFA, "YES" that can be done. But what they don't realise is that we also bring lots of dues money to the table.

Yes I have said that.
However, if you choose AMFA, we will welcome you and work with you.
I will also be happy that you guys will finally be free of the industrial unions BS.

All the other stuff will just just work itself out.

700UW said:
Been using my mind maintaining Heavy Transport Aircraft for 27 years now and feel confident that I could move into several different careers if need be because of my experience.
That said what are you doing with your vast accumulated knowledge??
Posting on an internet Forum! GFY!

WeAAsles said:
Except for the comment about what Gary Yingst motivations are and the last paragraph you are 100% correct.
If your write in option IE: IBT, AMFA, CWA, IBEW, UFCW, TWU or IAM receives the majority of votes cast, that will be moving forward your new collective bargaining agent or Union. They will inherit your current CBA and that CBA will stand until you negotiate a new one and it is ratified by your members.
Some of your members Chuck have been advocating the notion of choosing no union. As they trust you, you may want to remind them why this should absolutely not be anyone's option.
No union means you no longer wish to be represented collectively and you place your trust in negotiating directly and individually with the company. You have chosen to be at will and in some States in a "Right To Work State" as well. Of course the company will still need mechanics and will not get rid of the majority of you but they can and more than likely will send more of your OH overseas. And it 100% does mean that you no longer will have a contract and are allowing AA to dictate the new terms of your employment.
You will put yourselves in a position that 2 of the 4 major Airlines in the US are now unrepresented. Besides giving those two airlines (AA and Delta) an advantage percentage wise, you will also be harming your union counterparts at UAL and Southwest as they will have to compete against the non union airlines. That fact could cause even further erosion to wages, jobs, and benefits.
Chose who you want but understand what that choice means and make it a wise decision.

I get your point, but with $15k dollars of my money going to the TWU, and us having the worst contract in the industry for the past 11 years and that includes 9 years before bk, the TWU negotiating style has hurt the other unions more then what non union delta and fed ex have done to SWA and UAL.

I don't believe the TWU deserves another chance to take our dues and equity stake, the two associations on property have done much better then our union during bk.

WeAAsles said:
Well if I'm incorrect then thank you. I'm humble enough to admit I'm wrong if it's proven to me in writing from an official source. Had you just done that in the first place I wouldn't have felt compelled to give you quid pro quo.

Now let me know where you were wrong since the association just filed with the NMB.
My emails with the NMB are still out here, if you do some research you will find them.  I did do that in the first place, where you been?  Why don't you take the time and write the NMB yourself?  Pardon me but, if it affects you, you are stupid for not taking the time to do it.  This alliance will tell you guys anything as their A$$es are on the line here.  I encourage you to do it.  Pls don't believe me, but in the same note, don't believe what these 2 unions are telling their members as they are running out of options to keep their buts representing the new AA mechanics and related at both airlines.    Listen, just like WNMECH told you guys before, we don't care if you guy go AMFA or not, some would prefer you guys don't as you will overwhelmingly take over the National by mere numbers.  However, we also don't care if you guys do.  You guys need the change, get in control of your union and the ONLY way to do that is to go AMFA.  I will also assure you that I completely hope I am wrong and the alliance "talked the NMB into conducting the vote"  why?  Because then ther should be an option for 1-write in any union you want.  or 2-  time will be givin for cards to be collected.   IF this entire alliance election is handled by the unions only, then if No for the alliance wins, then there will be a representational vote later, ran by the NMB between the TWU and the IAM.  I really wish lazy people would just stop listening to the unions and do their own homework, especially when the stakes are this large for your futures.  But you know what, in the long run, the SWA and Alaska mechanics really don't care and would prefer you guys didn't come into AMFA---BUT the only reason behind that is control issues.  My 2 cents, do with it what you want.  And by all means good luck to you and all the brothers and sisters affected by all this alliance BS being unfolded...

WNMECH said:
Yes I have said that.
However, if you choose AMFA, we will welcome you and work with you.
I will also be happy that you guys will finally be free of the industrial unions BS.

All the other stuff will just just work itself out.
Agreed 100%

Works in the teo as a machinist. Still wears pressed jeans, brush popper button ups and the occasional turtleneck. Is he still banned from Hawaiian Air for a domestic dispute?

BigMac said:
Works in the teo as a machinist. Still wears pressed jeans, brush popper button ups and the occasional turtleneck. Is he still banned from Hawaiian Air for a domestic dispute?

Thanks for painting that picture.  Does he; by chance, wear a belt with his name on the back as well?

Sorry guys, I have never grasped the need or benefit to such personal attacks. We all have egos, and we all have opinions. The bigger issue is that he was actually defeated in the local election and then the election commitee overturned and named him the winner. Now that's something worth complaining about. My understanding is that there are witnesses that state they have first hand knowledge of Ray Wilson being violated.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

iluvaa

The key to this is going to be IF the AMFA Organizers this time around have done a good enough job.

The number of cards needed to file at the end of this month is NOT where it needed to be to beat the IAM/TWU alliance to the NMB.

So many here at AA are still asking the same questions and others who just hate the fact that the mechanics want to be separate from the ramp and stores keep posting old information, just to keep the already un-informed mechanics confused and in the I don't care mode.

Most of the class 1 line stations have done well with cards with the exception of LA and SFO, StL. Tulsa still is the big problem here at AA. Not sure what type of hold the TWU has on them but NO Matter what the TWU has done to our class and craft they just can't get past the bs and sign cards. The TWU sticks it in and twists it, and yet the Tulsa guys won't sign AMFA cards.

The title 2 mechanics as well still feel that we the aircraft mechanics DON'T want them with us. No matter what we show them and what the NMB says about our class and craft. They still believe what the IBT told them, even though the IBT screwed us with their bs filing last yr.

There are many here at AA who have ideas to help AMFA grow as a craft union so that the TWU/IAM/IBT won't be able to say it's just a mom/pop union with no membership.

Too many guys here at AA have just sat back and let the few AMFA Organizers do it all yr in/out. I signed a card what else do you need me to do? But these are the same guys who point fingers and say "AMFA" Failed to deliver.

No matter how many times we have said that this is a drive from within. A grassroots type of thing. Until we can show AMFA's National that we want to bring AMFA here to
AA why would they put on a full court press. AMFA's NEC did come to some line stations last yr. and went to Tulsa as well.

Many of the AMFA Organizers here at AA have been involved each time we have tried this. Why haven't more joined in if they want the TWU gone?

What ever happens with this Association it is on all the mechanics at both AA/USAirways.

If you don't want this to happen then you better get out of that I don't care mode and get involved with your career. Find out what the Assoc. has planned by reading the plan they have as we go forward.

Remember what we have lost since all of us have been employed at AA, and US since they are in this as well.  Has the IAM done what you wanted them too? Do you the US mechanics feel that the IAM is and will look out for your best interests?

Having NO UNION here would be a big mistake, if AA has taken so much from us with the Help of the TWU what do you think will happen if we have no union?

iluvAA a write in, in my opinion will not work and my reason is this. If we can't get enough guys to sign cards, How are we going to convince them to take the chance to write in AMFA?

We either get enough cards this time or SUFFER the TWU/IAM Associations rath for the remainder of our careers.

The idea of AMFA was the dream of O.V.Delle either we the airlines mechanics get involved with our Union or stop whining about what we feel the union has failed at.
It is Time we all stand together with one voice. It's time to make a change that will make a difference in our families future. It's time to change the culture the Industrial unions have brought upon our class and craft.

AMFA at AA 2014
This is an excellent, honest and heartfelt pitch for the organization that you support. If I were an AMT and was considering wanting to find out more about AMFA this is what I would be looking for and you would be the person I would seek out to try and get answers to questions I might have.

I have to give you credit for this comment and kudos at the same time. I wish more people would take this type of approach more often.

Back