HP begins flying to CLT today

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP planes/crews will also be serving PDX-CLT (red eye) beginning in June. EWR-PBI, CLT-LAS, CLT-SAN, CLT-TPA-CLT-LAS, PBI-LAS, currently already working PHL-BOS, PHL-ATL.

Possibility of HP working these routes due to East metal in the paint shop?

Looking forward to working CLT flights~!

Am curious to read future Trip reports from our FF members to see what they think of the HP operated segments.

:up:

HP F/A's are generally quite good. They seem to have avoided developing that "Stepford Stare" so popular in PHX and LAS G/A's.

The "Problem" isn't generally people HP or US it's what you pay versus what you recieve that's often at issue.

Think about it for a second. Let's use ORD as an example. Out tomorrow AM back home Friday Evening. Typical short business trip. All of the carriers that offer non stops from PHL (US, UA, AA) are pricing at $377.00RT. So much for LCC. Now put yourself in the elite flyers shoes for a minute. If the prices and departure time are EXACTLY the same except for very small variences in departure times, what are the varibles in your decision processs? Assume you could get upgraded easily on all three.

1. Fare rules - is the $377 refundable?
2. Standby rules if I can get out early on Friday.
3. On board amenities, Meal, IFE, etc
4. Frequent Flyer Program.

Truth is on the above you can be the greatest sweetest most customer oriented F?A in modern civilization and little or no impact on a purchase decision like this.Let's look at the 4 from my perspective.

1. Fare rules are probably a wash, US is however the least likely to have that fare as a refundable based on my experiences and observations. No clear advantage here.

2. US has leveled the field here by waiving standy fees, but offers no advantage. As far as I Know UA & AA don't have junk fees for standby for elites either.

3. UA will offer a meal, has IFE, including Channel 9. AA offers a B.O.B IIRC, US offers NOTHING in either category. A fresh breakfast on UA means I can get to airport half an hour later which is a big deal when you're 80 minutes away like I am.

4. US in the past would have won this category hands down, now they finish no better than 2nd due to membership in the Star Alliance.

In this example UA would win the business based on the meal served PHL-ORD.

When all you look at is the $10.00 or less it costs to deliver that meal in order to sell a premium ticket you then know what we mean when we say your management knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Piney,
One small thing you overlooked. If you are on the 6am flight PHL-ORD, UA or US, you will find that there are a few stands open. That is the only bad thing about taking early flights. I love taking pre-7am flights, rarely any delays.

East crews and aircraft will also be flying SAN-PHX (on an A321) and PHX-SLC in July.

East crews and aircraft started PHX-SLC yesterday :ph34r:

The night flight is PIT-PHX-SLC (F1457), dunno the routing of the morning flight.

Also, there's already a SAN-PHX flight on an A321, F1514.

If you ever want to go PHX-SAN, take F1511. It's usually booked to around 30 passengers (A321) and is basically a reposition flight to take out SAN-CLT. However, I have seen it oversold on occasion.

After two pages, NOBODY has acknowledged the fact that there should be no HP experience or different service at all!! We are ONE company and should have ONE inflight standard. Management has FAILED with this and continues to make WEST metal a better product, even using the old US glassware. POOR!!!

After two pages, NOBODY has acknowledged the fact that there should be no HP experience or different service at all!! We are ONE company and should have ONE inflight standard. Management has FAILED with this and continues to make WEST metal a better product, even using the old US glassware. POOR!!!

So that's where our china went.
What ever happened to "Mirror Image"? ;)

AGREE! This is one of my BIGGEST criticisms of the Merger- it has been TWO Years since the TWO Airlines announced their intentions, yet the inflight product is greatly different. Fully understanding that the East and West operations have NOT been integrated, one has to wonder WHY they are dragging their feet on implimenting a STANDARD INFLIGHT PRODUCT. If Tempe can't/ will not even address simple inflight services HOW can they even address labor negotiations and contracts. :down:

AGREE! This is one of my BIGGEST criticisms of the Merger- it has been TWO Years since the TWO Airlines announced their intentions, yet the inflight product is greatly different. Fully understanding that the East and West operations have NOT been integrated, one has to wonder WHY they are dragging their feet on implimenting a STANDARD INFLIGHT PRODUCT. If Tempe can't/ will not even address simple inflight services HOW can they even address labor negotiations and contracts. :down:

Oh you'll LOVE this one. I had an inflight service coordinator ( f/a know it all) try to tell me the company hasn't done this because they have bigger fish to fry. Geez, you sit the parties down for ONE meeting and make up your mind what you want inflight to be. They have had TWO YEARS!! Make up your mind, set a date, stick by it, and send it out on the cbs (or west equivilence). This ain't brain surgery.

Oh and how long does it take to ship the new glasswares to the t/c stations on the east coast to start THAT!! The glassware is still in the boxes in storage. Stick the MF's on airplanes and send the to the stations. Isn't PHX a hub?

Oh you'll LOVE this one. I had an inflight service coordinator ( f/a know it all) try to tell me the company hasn't done this because they have bigger fish to fry. Geez, you sit the parties down for ONE meeting and make up your mind what you want inflight to be. They have had TWO YEARS!! Make up your mind, set a date, stick by it, and send it out on the cbs (or west equivilence). This ain't brain surgery.

Oh and how long does it take to ship the new glasswares to the t/c stations on the east coast to start THAT!! The glassware is still in the boxes in storage. Stick the MF's on airplanes and send the to the stations. Isn't PHX a hub?

Just another shining example of how they don't know what the bloody h*** they are doing!
Clueless and asleep at the switch.

I think I'll have some more pie. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back