IAM 141 TA discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what , if you don’t want to show solidarity with your brothers and sisters in PHX , then you can kiss my ass …

Go sit your fatasses down in the break room and continue to cry about how your getting screwed to another lazy ass ..

EDIT : are you even a us airways fleet service worker? Cause it sure doesn’t sound like it to me , most of the guys I know out here are PISSED , and we’re ready to SHOW it …. Hell a rally ain’t #### to these guys , at least in this manner the company can see our resolve without us having to trash anything …and they NEED to see our resolve , do you think crying about our problems on the internet is going to solve them ? Do you honestly think sending in new union men to the talks is going to magically get us everything we want ? No this company needs to SEE (and feel ) our resolve , on a daily basis if need be ! Instead your sitting there arguing against ACTION , even if it is a lesser form of action … at least it IS action .. You make me question your resolve ….

The time for talk is over …. More words are not going to encourage this company to offer or accept a FAIR agreement …

second Negotiations update here: US AIRWAYS Workers pissed off

Also, The New Directions Slate has been made public. It's state of the art website and "Slate Card" will be up hopefully by tomorrow.

The New Direction Team
President and Directing General Chairperson - Rich Delaney, Current AGC, UA

Secretary-Treasurer - Dave Atkinson, Current Local President Den, Vice President AFLCIO, Colorado , UA

Vice President-East - Richard "Brad" Burson, Greivance Chair OMA, UA

Vice President-Hawaii - Sandy Olmos, Grievance Committeeperson, HNL, UA

Vice President-West - Sandy Gardner, Grievance Committeeperson, DEN, UA

Vice President at Large - Chris Lenzi, US West PHX and former TWU Officer

Trustee - Greg Brown, Local Prez, SFO, US

Trustee - John Nielsen, US West, LAS, Former TWU officer

Assistant General Chairperson (two year term) - Michael Crowell, Grievance Committeeman, CLT, US

Assistant General Chairperson (two year term) - Mickey Hughes , VP Pit Local, US

Assistant General Chairperson (two year term) - Bobby Worthman, Grievance Chair, DEN, UA

Assistant General Chairperson - John Medeiros, Local Trustee, BOS, uA

Assistant General Chairperson - Shawn Humpherys, Grievance Chair, SLC, UA

Assistant General Chairperson - Kris Hannah, Grievance Chair MSP, UA

Assistant General Chairperson - Alex Gerulis, Grievance Chair ORD, UA

Assistant General Chairperson - Erik Stenberg, Local President ORD, UA

Assistant General Chairperson - Laura Stone, Grievance Chair, ORD RES, , Current DL141 Trustee UA

Assistant General Chairperson – Arthur “Big Dawgâ€￾ Croker, Greivance Chair HNL, UA

Assistant General Chairperson - Mike Klemm, Local President and Grievance Chair, New York, UA
Assistant General Chairperson - Frank O'Donnell, PHL US. Selected by Local President Bobby Boland

Assistant General Chairperson - Nick Handlow, CLT, Former Grievance Committeeman, PIT, US

Assistant General Chairperson - Ray Wallis, Current DL 141 AGC

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Freedom,
I have stepped up to the plate and am running for grievance committee in my station. What are you doing besides a "rally" to show your resolve? Let me guess, this rally was RR's idea? Either you are with the New Direction or you are against us. Which is it?

Who exactly is filing the DFR for the West? What do we hope to accomplish with it?

The REAL NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE

Individuals from both PHX and LAS have said they would sign it.
It is the duty of the IAM to pursue section6 under the law since the section 6 was triggered and made part of the duration article of the west contract.

Altough I believe Parker wants and needs a transition, it's been 2 years and still no transition. What if he just wants to stall section 6?
Restarting section 6 negotiations protects the negotiations process and is a two prong approach next to transition talks. If transition talks continue to fail [it's been 2 years already], then at least the section 6 negotiations is further down the path to self help. No reason to wait for the east and 2010.

The alternative is to continue transition talks only, which so far have been fruitless with indecent proposals. If section 6 talks were ongoing since 2006 then the west would be 2 more years down the path as opposed to stalled.

regards,

Before you bash Ron TOO much, keep in mind he has friends here in PHX who he is very loyal to. They would know if he was there to just screw everybody, and he has been very vocal on how much he hates Parker. Probably the same guys who will work this grievance and attend rallies. In fact. During my orientation day, he said quote: "Doug Parker doesn't give a SH1T about you. He's done everything in his power to stop fair negotiations for 2 years now. This is a man who doesn't want what's best for YOU."

Sure he wants to climb into a greater position in the union. Why not? He has experience, and everybody, and should be paid for all of the hard work he's done. I bet you guys will grow to like Ron as Canale is booted the Frick out of town, and he shows loyalty to one of your boys who takes his place. Just give him time. He has to play both sides until he is in position.

Thanks Tim. That is clear, unbiased information, and seems it is Very much needed in light of our current situation. I'm sure if it were examined enough, there would be some foul agreement or deal that prevented section 6 from happening on time.

Now is the time my brothers and sisters …. I want all of you to realize that if your ever going to hope to get those pay raises that you’ve been dreaming of , now is it … You can continue to sit stymied in your poverty or you can begin to actually do something about it ! It’s easy for us to blame our union , blame the company , blame everyone but our selves , but you need to look deep down within yourself , and ask yourself , do I really WANT it ? Do I want that 4 dollar raise , do I want pay parity , or do I want to continue on like I’ve been doing for the last several years ? When our union tells us that now is the critical time for solidarity , their not kidding , it IS that time …. I know we have our disagreements with our own union , our mistrusts , but at least TRY to bring about the solidarity that we’re going to need ! If not now , then when I ask you ?

To my west brothers and sisters , I urge you as a fellow westie to give it everything you’ve got !

To my comrades in the east , stand up ! Stand tall and stand proud ! You have a long and storied history , now is the time to bring it back!!!!!

This company has had both of our work groups on our knees for years , now it’s time to rise up like men!

About ron , yes that's an accurate assentment of him , he’s no friend to the company or DP … and I think you guys will grow to like him … he has a SPINE … this is our MAN that we are sending to you … receive him well .

Freedom,

Click here for the SECOND NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE

I have stepped up to the plate and am running for grievance committee in my station. What are you doing besides a "rally" to show your resolve? Let me guess, this rally was RR's idea? Either you are with the New Direction or you are against us. Which is it?
PJirish,
The REAL NEGOTIATION UPDATE: INDECENT PROPOSAL

I'm not sure what happened in PHX [rally?] but it seems that it was a good & worthy solidarity thing.

As far as PHX goes, they will vote bigtime against the Canale slate, although it will remain to be seen if Roth or Lenzi gets the nomination in PHX. I seriously doubt their AGC Gushi gets more than a handful of votes. PHX is fed up 'BIGTIME' and very solid with our network now.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chair 1487, Chicago

Lol. Freedom. Sorry man. You are just too preechy, but you have no real solutions like Tim does here. Yes, we are all mad, Yes, we want pay parody, yes, yes, yes.....

And I know Im right about Ron.

Freedom,

Well let me tell you something right now , if your going to be a leader in OUR union ,I EXPECT a lot better from you than this

This is you

“Freedom,
Should I wear the school colors? Bring a megaphone? Perhaps a bonfire? Rally's are not going to get Dougweisers or Canoli's attention “

I don’t want to hear my union officials tell me that attempts to build solidarity will “not work “ I don’t need ONE more voice telling me I need to be sitting on my ass doing nothing …. I have a better idea for ya , why don’t you just go work with canoli , or maybe DP’s got a job for ya …..

If you have an idea for ACTION then I’m all for it , but we don’t need more dead weight in this union … go big or go home .

Well let me tell you something right now , if your going to be a leader in OUR union ,I EXPECT a lot better from you than this

This is you

“Freedom,
Should I wear the school colors? Bring a megaphone? Perhaps a bonfire? Rally's are not going to get Dougweisers or Canoli's attention “

I don’t want to hear my union officials tell me that attempts to build solidarity will “not work “ I don’t need ONE more voice telling me I need to be sitting on my ass doing nothing …. I have a better idea for ya , why don’t you just go work with canoli , or maybe DP’s got a job for ya …..

If you have an idea for ACTION then I’m all for it , but we don’t need more dead weight in this union … go big or go home .

Practice what you preach freedom.
And I should have said in my opinion about your rally.

Some time in 1998 the west TWU contract took effect. It was called a decent
first time contract but was mocked by most. It is still mocked by many
on this board. The top pay was $15.20. But what does this come out to if
adjusted for inflation? The source I used only went up to the end of 2006.
That figure comes out to $18.57. There is another consideration which is
called the cost of living which takes into account more things and that figure is
$19.33

Here's a list of some of the other things which were in that contract.
1. matching 401 K plan 3% of gross pay
2. short term long term disability
3. double overtime after day 6
4. 100% two weeks sick pay [FT]
5. 3 weeks paid vacation in 5th year
6. 4 weeks in year 13
7. uniform allowence
8. No outsourcing language.

And some of you are willing to accept less than this? I wish all concerned would
take a look at these figures and get real about what's fair. Arguments can be
made about the economy, globaliztion, the state of the airline industry et al, but
they don't come close to justifying a contract which in real terms does not hold
a candle to the 1998 TWU contract. Not even close.

Thanks BF

This is you

“Freedom,

No, I gotta job as a fleet service agent. And instead of wasting money, oxygen and firewood, I will listen and learn from people who have YEARS of experience in the matter, and carry this out in an intellegent and legal way.

But that's cool. People can yell and scream all they want. In fact. People tend to do a lot of that in PHX, but it's usually intolerant teamlead hicks to their workers. And you wonder why there's a morale problem.

About ron , yes that's an accurate assentment of him , he’s no friend to the company or DP … and I think you guys will grow to like him … he has a SPINE … this is our MAN that we are sending to you … receive him well .
[/quote]

It's my understanding that Mr Roth suppoerted that last TA. Please clear this up for me.
Thanks...BF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back