IAM Fleet Service topic 6/14-6/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirby wants cuts but labor contracts are in place see here.

Ah Scott we got news for ya No NO No That clear enough for ya?

Hmmmm…

How bout if we got Amy Winehouse to re-lyric her hit song "Rehab"… to… say...

They’re tryin’ to make me take concessions…

I said… No… No… No…

Yes… I been broke, but then I got it back…

You ain’t gittin’ Jack…Jack…Jack…

Allow me to interject on these matters.

Boss Canale is not going anywhere anytime soon. The corruption of Big Labor in this nation allows for continued abuses by those at the top. I am certain that he will use every legal road block and executive power to re-write the rules to his liking. Personally, I don't think the New Direction Team would do anything different if they were in Canale's position. Once in charge, it is nearly impossible to be removed from union leadership involuntarily. It reminds me of that axiom in having a free and fair election in a nation for which has no history of democratic principles whereby the problem becomes in having an equally open and fair re-election with legitimate opposition a few years later.

And get ready.... cuts in benefits and pays are coming again. Promote whatever bromides of sloganeering to choose from "The Concession Stand in Closed" to "Solidarity and Brotherhood" will not change the harsh economic realities of a disfunctional industry regardless of who is the Grand Poobah.

So Opines Jester.

I guess there must be something with the sun in PHX that does stuff to people

And get ready.... cuts in benefits and pays are coming again. Promote whatever bromides of sloganeering to choose from "The Concession Stand in Closed" to "Solidarity and Brotherhood" will not change the harsh economic realities of a disfunctional industry regardless of who is the Grand Poobah.

So Opines Jester.

Jester…

You’re gettin’ Bromide ‘n Kool-Aid confused…

Time to re-enter the arena of alchemy, to discover the chemical composition of both, along with the affects that each substance renders after human consumption!

P.S. Missed yahh at tha Throw-Down!

Jester,

US short term assets as of 3-31-08 was $3,521,000,000. Of that $2,070,000,000 was cash. This years total we will spend on fuel if it stays the same would be $2,000,000,000. Revenues US will make in 2008 will be about $12,000,000,000. Your doom and gloom doesn't add up. Granted, no airline could withstand oil this high into 2009 but you are way ahead of yourself if you think our still BK contract didn't give Dougie what he needed already. Besides, oil per barrel will be under $100 in 2008.

If US can't stay afloat with these POS wages they are paying us than maybe we need to fold.

P. Rez

Boss Canale is not going anywhere anytime soon. The corruption of Big Labor in this nation allows for continued abuses by those at the top. I am certain that he will use every legal road block and executive power to re-write the rules to his liking. Personally, I don't think the New Direction Team would do anything different if they were in Canale's position. Once in charge, it is nearly impossible to be removed from union leadership involuntarily. It reminds me of that axiom in having a free and fair election in a nation for which has no history of democratic principles whereby the problem becomes in having an equally open and fair re-election with legitimate opposition a few years later.

So Opines Jester.
Jester,
I don't think Parker or Freedom could have said what you said any better.

Don't take solidarity and Brotherhood so lightly. Under the right leadership, there is hope in it. Although you might not personally see the solidarity, what we have already accomplished by rooting out ingrained labor misleaders could not have been done without a solid network of the masses. Canale himself took the network lightly and has learned a difficult lesson.
Certainly more work needs to be done but I'll be dam*ed if the masses are going to continue being made a mockery of while corporate america continues to get get rich off of its bonus' and stocks program. United just approved a new executive $130 million bonus plan just last week. This is total BS and it is totally profane for any man to call themselves a labor man and offer concessions in the midst of such profanities.

At any rate, there is no 'good' reason that would force the masses to choose to open up its contract to be a 'nice fella'. I offer the floor for you to present one.
Giving up concessions only gives your management more time to manage badly. 2 months ago your company said it had enough from you until 2012, now there are whispers that they want more. Bad management never has enough. If management can't manage then the inevitable outcome is to go out of business. And that is something that you and the masses have absolutely no control over.

Not opening the contract to more concessions isn't so much the thought of hard lining, but rather it would just give management more time to manage badly. Do you just keep pouring water into a bucket full of holes?

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Jester,

I don't think Parker or Freedom could have said what you said any better.

Not opening the contract to more concessions isn't so much the thought of hard lining, but rather it would just give management more time to manage badly. Do you just keep pouring water into a bucket full of holes?
regards,
Tim Nelson

Especially… when the water that runs through those holes, pours into the pockets of the corporate leaders?

Jester,

US short term assets as of 3-31-08 was $3,521,000. Of that $2,070,000 was cash. This years total we will spend on fuel if it stays the same would be $2,000,000. Revenues US will make in 2008 will be about $12,000,000. Your doom and gloom doesn't add up. Granted, no airline could withstand oil this high into 2009 but you are way ahead of yourself if you think our still BK contract didn't give Dougie what he needed already. Besides, oil per barrel will be under $100 in 2008.

If US can't stay afloat with these POS wages they are paying us than maybe we need to fold.

P. Rez
P. Rez
I think you left off a few zeros.

So Opines Jester.
:rolleyes: It's a nice cool 60 here at Pit. You may need to get out of that heat. We are booked solid till fall. The oil bubble may burst, or it may drag on. After what we all have been through, things don't look that bad to me. You guys are on a roll with ND08. Alot of time is left on the score board clock. At last quaters money burn ,we can still make it for three years or better. But that was last quater. I thought that the sunshine makes people feel better. You may need some of the North East weather ! :up:

JD,

US short term assets as of 3-31-08 was $3,521,000,000. Of that $2,070,000,000 was cash. This years total we will spend on fuel if it stays the same would be $2,000,000,000. Revenues US will make in 2008 will be about $12,000,000,000. Your doom and gloom doesn't add up. Granted, no airline could withstand oil this high into 2009 but you are way ahead of yourself if you think our still BK contract didn't give Dougie what he needed already. Besides, oil per barrel will be under $100 in 2008.

P. Rez

P. Rez
I think you left off a few zeros.

You are correct, there should be 3 more zeroes on all of the amounts in my post. I had millions instead of billions. whoops. I made the corrections.
P. Rez

I just want to yell out the rumor I heard today. I'm choosing not to to see if it's true, and if so to see Randy slit his own throat. But if it is, well...

Let me say this, with the intent to be so vague most probably wont' know what I'm talking about:

Randy, you represent FS in LAS, not management. If it's the other way around, at the cost of FS jobs... By my count the rumor, with some logical assumption, is that you've caused displacement of one FS agent for management.

I'm hoping I've got this all wrong and it's just BC in LAS just demonstrating his ineptitude.

Necigrad, yeah not only me, but now it seems that with all the mgmnt layoffs, they are now going to place mgmt into ramp positions and layoff more union dues members. I guess 340 rampers wasnt enough now we have to give up our job to mgmt.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The president of US Airways Group Inc (LCC.N: Quote, Profile, Research) is confident about the carrier's stand-alone prospects and does not foresee a merger in the near term.

Scott Kirby also told CNBC in an interview that major carriers are all but done with big cost cutting initiatives as they struggle to offset skyrocketing fuel prices.

US Airways failed in May to strike a merger deal with UAL Corp (UAUA.O: Quote, Profile, Research) unit United Airlines, raising concern among some experts about US Airways' future. The company has shed nearly 80 percent of its share value this year and traded down 7.6 percent on Wednesday at $3.01. Its market capitalization has slumped to roughly $275 million.

Despite its deteriorating situation on Wall Street, Kirby said: "I feel great about US Airways' stand-alone prospects."
(Reporting by Richard Cowan and John Crawley; editing by Carol Bishopric)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm...

Distract Farce...

Thought yahh said we were not ahh "Stand-Alone Carrier" ?

Check out these fares! This is why I will Never Give another red cent back to this company in concessions. Screw them! GAS is soaring and they price fares like this? F___K that!

You can't even drive half way to these locations for these prices.

Travel Dates: Variable through Sep 30
Expires: None stated

US Airways is offering big discounts on flights to Vancouver from select cities starting at just $118 each way. Check out the sample fares below. If you don't see your preferred airport below, try out our searc to the left.

To Vancouver from:
- Los Angeles... $118
- Phoenix... $252
- Philadelphia... $176

Give me a break the next person who complains about buying a coke or what every tell them to get in the car and drive to there destination.

District Officer Election Update: TPA, EWR [united local]

Delaney wins TPA 35-25
Delaney wins EWR 33-3

EWR wins the "ALL Nelson award" for today for it's 95% bit** Slap of Canale.

Delaney is now up to almost 4,000 more votes than Canale and has delivered 'great pain' to the United Airline Board of Director.

The New direction team members will now be in BUF tomorrow. Even though the masses knocked out "Parker's boy" in the 2nd round, the new direction believes all stations are still important and are demonstrting this by its dogged determination to continue to visit the remaining stations that are voting, no matter how small they are. This was their committment and they are sticking to it even though things are over. Members of the new direction team will be in SAN and various stations next week.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back