IAM Fleet Service topic 6/14-6/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the fact that your optimistic , and to be honest I wish I could share it … truly do . but fact is I don’t … the us economy is going down the shithole fast … what parker did was a token to show the employee’s that he’s with us , feels our pain etc …

Make no mistake about it though , with oil hovering near 140 a barrel , every union on the property will be returning to the BK contracts , long before our current agreement ever expires … guess what it’s 9/11 all over again only worse ….

Personally I don’t think the move by the Saudis to increase oil production by 200,000 barrels a day will have much effect . oil will continue to remain high and we will continue to suffer for it . I see no quick end to the suffering in sight , our capacity is being reduced by 7 – 8 % this year and another 10 % next year .. that’s a clear sign of us going down … as we go down , we will continue to cut costs until we can level out .

Hey Mike...

How do you know that? Jus' asking....

I'll find it..I read it this morning......priced between 2.58-2.80 something...will link it when I find it again

US Airways Group Inc. CEO Doug Parker has bought 197,000 shares of the carrier's stock, following up on a recent pledge to do so.

According to a company filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Parker bought the shares Monday for more than $550,000, spending between $2.77 and $2.80 per share.

The Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier's stock (NYSE:LCC), which has traded between $2.39 and $36.81 per share over the last year, closed Tuesday at $3.26 per share.

Last week, Parker said he would invest an amount equivalent to his 2008 salary in US Airways to demonstrate his confidence in the carrier. He made the announcement the same day the airline said it would make additional reductions in the capacity of its domestic flights, cut 1,700 jobs and introduce a $15 fee for passengers' first checked bag as part of a plan to offset rising fuel prices.

There you go ...he's already made a good % on his money......................

I've been reading the post and Freedom, you make me sick.
Parker is not with us, it's a road and pony show. Thanks to freedom and his I'll save the company post,
a while back the next time my parents fly it will cost them. When they send RR to Manilla for negotiations take Freedom with you, get him out of the country and if not show up at my union meeting with your
cheap suites smile and let me knock it of your face.
You company lovin piece of feces.

i disagree mike , I believe that every union on the property will willingly take cuts without the need for BK ..

Yew been in tha moonshine…or smokin’ sumthin’ ?

I will personally guarantee you... that no… I repeat NO, member of the New Direction Team, will ever… I repeat ever… agree to concessions voluntarily! I’m certain if you were to approach ALPA or USAPA... you would receive the same answer.

The only way they gonna get concessions from any work group on the property,
is through abrogation. In other words... they gonna have to pry the money from our dead hands, and fingers…after a lengthy “scorched earth†bankruptcy battle!

You can take that to the BANK!

i disagree mike , I believe that every union on the property will willingly take cuts without the need for BK ..

there isn’t even the need for BK in my mind to convince the unions to return to their BK contracts … I feel all of them will do it willingly … it would be a waste of my time to explain to you why I feel this is so , but I’m just writing on here now to soften you up for the coming reality …

so , ah , I guess what I’m saying is , if your topped out on the east and making the full amount , make as much as you can now .... do you hear me , make as much as you can now … the company and our union will be back at the table by the end of summer .

P. Rez, if you are reading this, please ask freedom to stop this madness. He's not listening to me. :blink:

freedom, FLEET IS DONE WITH GIVING UP! If anythin happens, I promise you that the next step is and before 2011, those 20 cities out west will be sliced completely. At the rate the company is going, they will only be flying mainline jets to the big cities everything else will be puddle hoppers! If they ask fleet to take paycuts, id say shut the darn place down because fleet has suffered severly, no thanks to ol canarybird and his gangsters.

Doug's move was purely political, and he will eventually make money in the long run from this move.

He's packed his golden chute, and it's almost time to eject.

QUOTE (freedom @ Jun 17 2008, 09:07 PM)

there isn’t even the need for BK in my mind to convince the unions to return to their BK contracts … I feel all of them will do it willingly … it would be a waste of my time to explain to you why I feel this is so , but I’m just writing on here now to soften you up for the coming reality …

so , ah , I guess what I’m saying is , if your topped out on the east and making the full amount , make as much as you can now .... do you hear me , make as much as you can now … the company and our union will be back at the table by the end of summer .

The man is entitled to his opinion. My opinion is that oil will drop in Sept. or Oct. to under $100 a barrel and all will be better.

P. REZ

Freedom must still be on the RR campaign trail. Promised a job if he spreads discontent.
Guess what........................ his game has been spread.
All knows it. Company lover.

Doug's move was purely political, and he will eventually make money in the long run from this move.

He's packed his golden chute, and it's almost time to eject.

Political? Hogwash, I say! He saw the Homing Pigeon and the Bullish Engulfing Pattern! To say otherwise is flim-flammery and puffery! I worked a double today, I'm really tired and I am intoxicated on wine that is really really bad! This wine tastes like urine and I did not steal it from US Airways! Liquified Monkey crap!

Freedom,

on a different note.......Tell RR to walk the representational line because he got there unapposed. He might be a good guy, but he was" promised" from the old regime. He should always remember from where he came..................And keep his line of communication open to the membership.....

Ron always has updates, and is very approacable.

I'm sure he will work with the NDT... Just try not to give him too many spankings when you initiate him!

BF

P. Rez: Our estimate was probably pretty crude but we came up with
about 25 mil in Dec. By now I figure it's up to 30 mil. But we didn't
have an accurate count of west employees or PT/FT ratio.

The TWU dues structure called for 2X your hourly rate. We had about 2500 employees averaging about $11 an hour. That would equal $55,000 per month or $660,000 per year in dues.

Hope this helps.

P. REZ
Thanks actually My figures were about right only off by a factor of ten.
Well exposes a lot of hot air on my part. My ranting about the dues
issue is now shown to be pretty weak. Thanks BF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back