IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memorial day will be a holiday this year.
14. Article 14 (Holidays) Will apply to West Employees on date of ratification.
Effective on date of ratification amend CBA as follows:
• Effective on date of ratification add Memorial Day

Also, with ratification in hand, maybe District force can tell us the timetable of his 1,700 layoffs and how this will all work out? And if the west will be able to displace east siders if there are layoffs?

In the east agreement, the company has to pay twice the severace pay if a layoff is due to a merger. My bet is that nobody will get twice the severace allowance.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
My reference to 1,700 layoffs was in anticipation of a merger and reduced capacity. I do not have the US AIRWAYS business plan but I would anticipate up to 1,000 layoffs to be announced before September. This merger didn't create any past job losses for fleet because the two work groups were not integrated. For that reason, and the price of oil, you can anticipate up to 1,000 jobs lost.
First LAS and some reduction in PHX. I also think many of the small west cities could be closed before year's end.
After a merger with United I would anticipate that PHX will be further reduced and eliminated as a hub or focus city. Also reductions in Charlotte, and a complete reduction in PIT would be my assumption. PHL, and the east coast will be fine.

I think the ratification was wise as it will provide the best opportunity for the majority of workers and it gave your company the flexibility it needed so it wouldn't have to compromise the structure of its business transaction. It gave up protections for our west members but there had to be sacrifice to move things forward.
Unfortunately, mergers mean a significant loss of jobs so there will be a great percentage of you that will have to evaluate your personal situaton.

But, the return will be significant for the majority of you who will stay. You will be a part of one of the biggest transportation companies in the world and will be prepared for transitional bargaining once again next year. The overlap of the two workforces will create lost synergies and may force United to deal more favorably with us in transiton talks than these previous ones.

To answer your question, I do not believe the west can bump or displace east members until they come under the proper articles in the east contract. I did not sit in on your negotiations but I believe this is how it will work for the rest of the year. Therefore, the west layoffs this fall will affect only the west members.

DistrictForce its funny how you never mentioned all this stuff that might happen to west stations/hubs before the TA was voted upon. You are a real class act!

My reference to 1,700 layoffs was in anticipation of a merger and reduced capacity. I do not have the US AIRWAYS business plan but I would anticipate up to 1,000 layoffs to be announced before September. This merger didn't create any past job losses for fleet because the two work groups were not integrated. For that reason, and the price of oil, you can anticipate up to 1,000 jobs lost.
First LAS and some reduction in PHX. I also think many of the small west cities could be closed before year's end.
After a merger with United I would anticipate that PHX will be further reduced and eliminated as a hub or focus city. Also reductions in Charlotte, and a complete reduction in PIT would be my assumption. PHL, and the east coast will be fine.

I think the ratification was wise as it will provide the best opportunity for the majority of workers and it gave your company the flexibility it needed so it wouldn't have to compromise the structure of its business transaction. It gave up protections for our west members but there had to be sacrifice to move things forward.
Unfortunately, mergers mean a significant loss of jobs so there will be a great percentage of you that will have to evaluate your personal situaton.

But, the return will be significant for the majority of you who will stay. You will be a part of one of the biggest transportation companies in the world and will be prepared for transitional bargaining once again next year. The overlap of the two workforces will create lost synergies and may force United to deal more favorably with us in transiton talks than these previous ones.

To answer your question, I do not believe the west can bump or displace east members until they come under the proper articles in the east contract. I did not sit in on your negotiations but I believe this is how it will work for the rest of the year. Therefore, the west layoffs this fall will affect only the west members.
COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR
What is the bigger picture. I quit trying. Many try, otherwise. Can you give us your insight into the voting YES! Have we made the educated YES vote, or we going to regret it.

Thanks! Old America West Fleet.

Id say a lot more than 1000 folks will lose their jobs before yr's end given the past history of how US works and they dont work with their employees I dont think this crap of a TA should have every passed cuz with a merger UA employees will be runnin the show whil a he!! of a lot of US employees are tossed out

actually he did mention 1700 jobs lost mainly from the west just no one paid any attention,much like people who voted yes to this piece of crap

After a merger with United I would anticipate that PHX will be further reduced and eliminated as a hub or focus city.
Also reductions in Charlotte, and a complete reduction in PIT would be my assumption. PHL, and the east coast will be fine.

HEY FREEDOM , ARE YOU STARTING TO GET THE PICTURE NOW !!!!!!!!

How about NOW !!!! Mr Force that would seem to be the company's problem not the UNIONS

The west doesn't have enough seniority to bump into the east . so off to the street they go unless they choose to go to PHL which
coming in from phx would probably not be a very welcomed site . since YOU would have been one of the ones who Gave away those
phl boys profit sharing and COC .. been in that environment first hand and saw what they did to the day / syr boys

thinking Mr Roth may have a hard time getting votes from his soon to be layed off brothers and sisters . for essentially throwing

them under bus by pushing the POS for his OWN agenda....."hey guys vote for me in june before you get your pink slip "

Freedom and others you might want to ask in the future what a persons motives are to get you to sign on the dotted line .

remember RR is a big Canoli supporter ....

District,

Since you seem to have some insight that most of us don't, I would like to solicit your input on what to do when my station closes its doors to me sometime soon. What viable options will I have? I will take any suggestions that I can equate to... or is it simply the company/union saying, " thanks for your 11 years with us, bye!" Please PM me if you'd prefer.

The west doesn't have enough seniority to bump into the east . so off to the street they go unless they choose to go to PHL which
coming in from phx would probably not be a very welcomed site . since YOU would have been one of the ones who Gave away those
phl boys profit sharing and COC .. been in that environment first hand and saw what they did to the day / syr boys
Although I disagree with DF's views on the contract, I agree with him that nobody from out west will be able to displace a east sider until all things are completed. Not that anyone from PHX would want to go to PHL. IMO, most of the west siders will not see their January pay increase and unfortunately they will experience 'great pain' since they have no protections now.

As aside, District Force, in our private conversations, I might add that I can only say I hope that PK is not the organizer for DL141 in 6 months, otherwise, the IAM may very well lose another 15,000 members from PCE folks.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Thesaurus: ratification

noun

An act of confirming officially:

fuzz,
that would have been today may 15,2008 .
also reread your YES contract . and I qoute page 9 " Pay transition for all west employees and East employees' in class II
"within 30days of ratification of this agreement theses employees' pay rate will be increased by fifty-percent of the difference between their current pay rate and the pay rate at the appropriate step of the pay scale under the CBA"

Now having read that . YOU can't say that the apathetic guys in CLT and PHL SCREWED you on this one. NO it's the LANGUAGE
that YOU voted YES to. but hey It will be nice for the apathetic guys in CLT and PHL getting ours starting mon.
SO who screwed who . Can't blame the hubs this time .

I have no problem waitng till than for my raise. I knew the language going into the vote.
I know how to read see. I made sure I was educated on this.
Yes enjoy your rasie in the hubs we in the class 2 and west will be right there at your level soon enough. And its about damn time.

District,

Since you seem to have some insight that most of us don't, I would like to solicit your input on what to do when my station closes its doors to me sometime soon. What viable options will I have? I will take any suggestions that I can equate to... or is it simply the company/union saying, " thanks for your 11 years with us, bye!" Please PM me if you'd prefer.
Bagchucker,

When you are sure that you are going to be layed off, put in transfers to any and all California cities. I think you said that you were from SAN. I think that your 11 years will be able to keep you in Cali, if not go to PHX or CLT.

Rogue

im a phx ramper and i voted no for the fact that i might lose my job due to the merger, i rather get paid what i got and have a job then not have one. I surely educated myself on that.

I agree with TB on his last district force comments. You gu'y out west were hood winked
with the money.....................you voted for unemployment but you just didn't know it.
This t/a was scope raped to benefit the company and the upcoming merger.

How do you think cheap suites and Hemenway had the inside? Cheap suites is a
full fledged board of director for UA,,,,,,, DUH.

Sorry guy's, I know your union haters but you'll be even more so now. Parker beat you again.
i'll take the 19.00 now but the future is at UA , always wanted to work for them, and I think
this time I'll make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back