IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with TB on his last district force comments. You gu'y out west were hood winked with the money.....................you voted for unemployment but you just didn't know it. This t/a was scope raped to benefit the company and the upcoming merger.

How do you think cheap suites and Hemenway had the inside? Cheap suites is a full fledged board of director for UA,,,,,,, DUH.

Sorry guy's, I know your union haters but you'll be even more so now. Parker beat you again. i'll take the 19.00 now but the future is at UA , always wanted to work for them, and I think this time I'll make it.

I would have thought the scare tactics would have been over after the elections, but I presume this is either to torment those "yes" voters or to assuage your loss. Either way, frankly, it is a bunch of hot air.

Regardless if the United deal goes through, PHX and LAS could be taken down just like CMH and people given the option to transfer somewhere else. The TWU contract didn't prevent it from happening now, did it? Furloughed ramp agents would still need to transfer, but alas, now they can afford to move given the higher pay, even at the new location.

As for voting myself out of a job, all the bashers need to think outside of the box. For example, if for only one year a ramp agent earns an additional $5/hour, that means their unemployment benefits will be that much higher, not to mention, the additional income that was saved during the year. In this case, I strongly suspect the unemployment benefits would be HIGHER than the West payscale and without doing the work! In the meanwhile, unemployment benefits would be extended for those who choose to go back to school and find a real trade requiring some degree of skill, instead of grousing around for $9/hour starting jobs.

Personally, I am doubting the United deal will happen as it seems once other airlines review UA's books the potential partners get cold feet. United spends three years in bankruptcy and they did not get their costs under control. Probably why CO has been considering a code share agreement with UA; however, that will not solve the excess capacity and only provided a very limited reduction in competition between a few segments. If it does not go through, then I will be basking in the glory of a 40% pay raise. On the other hand, if it does go through and I am laid-off, then I'll be happy to have taken all I could on the way out the door as I file for unemployment benefits online. Assuming UA and US merge, what I find ironic is how someone mentions using United's option for Section 6 to get a larger raise, and how others viewed this to be screwing over our new co-workers... oh wait, wasn't that the same plan being proposed by the Nihilist Directions Team with the West contract?

And finally, as I was withholding my analysis upon the vote until the results were officially released. Some have mentioned the poor to fair turn-out in PHL and CLT and explained it has been "apathy". Anyone consider it to be anxiety instead? If "Yes" voters were interested in voting, given the mob mentality many of the fine CLT and PHL ramp agents, who would want to risk someone surfing on their shoulder during this "secret" ballot? Sure it is impressive to crow about the 90% "No" voters, but how many "Yes" people just watched TV in their break rooms instead or avoid the union hall after work, thus explaining the fairly low turn out? Even with this intimidation, for "Yes" to recieve over 60% is a landslide, and a clear mandate insofar this T.A. to be acceptable.

Okay, time to get back to my bag room couch before some United or East guys think they can muscle in on my styrofoam cushioned turf.

So Relaxes Jester.

ATTENTION ALL FLEET SERVICE AGENTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://anewdirection08.com/soap.html

I would like for everyone to click on the above link, and read this letter that Mr. Rich Delaney has communicated to the Fleet Service Membership.

For those who do not know, Mr. Delaney is the New Direction opponent that will be directly challenging Mr. Canale for his position of President of the 141, in a few weeks.

I have said earlier in this thread, that I have a suspicion that Canale will not play on an even field when it comes to this Officer Election.

Look for further last minute interference from Canale, to be perpetuated against the New Direction people.

I want all Members to view these questionable, self serving maneuvers, as a direct reflection of the integrity of our current IAM 141 Officer leadership. This should only reinforce your determination, and resolve to have as many of these people removed from their comfortable positions as possible!

Vote New Direction !

Quote: Jester (Excerpt)

Anyone consider it to be anxiety instead? If "Yes" voters were interested in voting, given the mob mentality many of the fine CLT and PHL ramp agents, who would want to risk someone surfing on their shoulder during this "secret" ballot?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr… Jester…

Greetin’s from tha South… I’ll assure yahh… that any no-shows we had down here… was cuz they didn't care!

Yup… that’s right… did not care… more important stuff tahh do! You see this same mentality in Presidential Elections!

Now… let’s apply this same formula to the upcomin’ Officer Election… Fleet Service do you understand how important it is to VOTE?

You better… if not… the minority can regulate tha majority…just as they just did!

thats unbelievable what canrybird is willing to do knowingly that his job is finished, snafu, gone, wiped out. what a cry baby that canary is

Jester, had the PHX rampers had to vote at their local lodge instead of at the terminal they would have had maybe 1/3 the yes votes. PHX is a myraid of workers that either don't know or just dont care about a TA. Any TA would have passed in phx even if it was only a 15 cent raise across the board.

This whole deal was brainstormed by the company/IAM to shed workers and make it a attractive deal to united.

Roa,
Just read your link to the delaney letter,
What an underhanded POS cheap suites is, will do anything to win
so he can pass the torch to the belly warmer. We'll, hopefully
it will work out, after him it's a must to remove the us agc's
they are ultimately resposible for the new contract, for failing to speak out
against it. May they all be put back to the ramp, would love to load a bin
with them.

Jester,
"who would want to risk someone surfing on their shoulder during this "secret" ballot? "

obviously you have never been to a legitimate held election. Anyone in CLT can attest that what your babbling is complete

and utter B/S . But then again thats nothing new. Just because in phx they hand you a ballot in the breakroom for all to see

is not how it is down in the east, besides that violates your right to privacy when you vote but You guys don't care about rights

you just vote them away.

But, the return will be significant for the majority of you who will stay. You will be a part of one of the biggest transportation companies in the world and will be prepared for transitional bargaining once again next year. The overlap of the two workforces will create lost synergies and may force United to deal more favorably with us in transiton talks than these previous ones.

DF,

Why would the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT give up UA's right to traditional bargaining? What make's you think that UA Fleet and PCE folks will let you. Or are you guys going to screw over the UA people like you did with the HP people and agree with the company, AGAIN, that transotion negotiations are the way to go? Why not pursue traditional and transitional bargaining at the same time, so as not to give up the leverage of a right to strike? You guys just don't get it do you. When is the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT going to grow a set and do what a union is supposed to do? Is the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT AFRAID of traditional bargaining? Because it appears to us, the members, that you guys are. Or are you just afraid the you may lose all the PCE folks at UA to the CWA or the IBT? If you did your job that you are supposed to do, then you guys at the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT wouldn't have to worry about losing members to another union. Sadly you guys represent yourselves, and not the members that pay your salary. It is just a shame. All of you guys should be ashmed to call yourselves union members. Especially canoli, he is the biggest traitor of them all. Because of him I am ashamed to say I am a member of the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT. That will all change come June though.

Oman

I'm back! :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

DF,

Where are you at? Running and hiding with the hard questions. Or are you confering with canoli on how to answer? Or should I say SPIN. That's all the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT is you know. SPINMASTERS! Better yet, how about "Company Lap Dogs" :up:

At least that is untill June when canoli and his band of thieves are ousted, then this union will be taking a step in the right direction.

DF,

One more question for you. Lets say there is a representation election for UA PCE folks. Since their PCE folks and the Fleet Service folks are both represented by the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT, and our inside folks are CWA/IBT, would there be a representation election for all or just PCE? Since Fleet and PCE at UA are basiclly under the same CBA. Wouldn't that be interesting.

im a phx ramper and i voted no for the fact that i might lose my job due to the merger, i rather get paid what i got and have a job then not have one. I surely educated myself on that.

Couldbewrong23,

That was a wise decision, although the vote didn't turn out for the good. You have wisdom far beyond your years. I only wish the yes voters had your visions of unemployment.

Rogue

DF,

One more question for you. Lets say there is a representation election for UA PCE folks. Since their PCE folks and the Fleet Service folks are both represented by the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT, and our inside folks are CWA/IBT, would there be a representation election for all or just PCE? Since Fleet and PCE at UA are basiclly under the same CBA. Wouldn't that be interesting.
PJ, maybe you can come down to CLT for the "June Throw Down" with many of us from this site.

At any rate, I'm glad to see that most posters have gotten past the ratification already and are looking forward to officer elections and also UA/PCE questions. Your question to DF is easily answered. No, there will not be an election for the ramp and there are two contracts that separate fleet service from PCE.

As far as the contract, it wasn't just west siders who voted for it. The majority ruled and its case closed. Time to continue moving forward as one, much to do before management comes back and tries to get more.

BTW, if District Force is right that US AIRWAYS can not be a stand alone [I disagree with this] then if the UA merger falls apart don't be surprised if US AIRWAYS comes back for more and Canale appeases them. We've seen it before several times. We must take this opportunity to change out the leadership before that happens again.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

PJ, maybe you can come down to CLT for the "June Throw Down" with many of us from this site.

regards,
Tim Nelson

It depends on when the "Throw Down" is. If it falls on my days off then I'll be there. If not, I'll take a rain check.

The question for DF is why transitional bargaining and not traditional bargaining. Do you think, DF, that UA will agree with transitional negotiations? Is the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT afraid of traditional bargaining, and why do they continue to throw Fleet under the bus?

It depends on when the "Throw Down" is. If it falls on my days off then I'll be there. If not, I'll take a rain check.

The question for DF is why transitional bargaining and not traditional bargaining. Do you think, DF, that UA will agree with transitional negotiations? Is the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT afraid of traditional bargaining, and why do they continue to throw Fleet under the bus?
PJ, Friday I think.

PJ, here is the thing that scares me, that Canale will be the leader of this union in 6 months and Hemenway will come back asking for more concessions. That's why now is the time to eliminate him. Don't be surprised if US AIRWAYS comes back to your IAM leader and asks for more after another $250 million loss and say 'it aint got no money'. Even your boy DF sez US AIRWAYS is not a stand alone as this company is losing 4 million a day at its current clip.

That's a scary thought to think that Canale could be the leader of this union when Hemenway comes back for more. It's already happened twice when the company came back to Canale, now is the time to finally close the Canale concession stand.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim,

You know that I am onboard with kicking canoli to the curb. Heck I did the nominations at 2444 for the New Direction. And with the help of a few other rampers from both US and UA New Direction got the nomination from 2444. My question is why does the IAM pursue transition negotiations, rather that traditional negotiations. And is the IAM planning on screwing over the UA people like they did with HP, by doing transitional negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back