IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing about the AGCs making over 100000 a yr well they would truly EARN it if in fact they truly fought for US Fleet Service. However, as this current contrac, or known as GARBAGE shows the true feeling of what canale says and feels about US Fleet. There is absolutely no excuse for the 60 day rule, the absurd sick and the missing CIC. And of course, the only group to have those things is also the only group not allowed to participate in 401K Profit Sharing. So if a merger with UA were to happen, dont be crying about how you lost your jobs cuz all of you who voted yes to it voted yourselves right out of a job and I guarantee you this airline will waste no time and start closing those listed cities. :angry: Now had AGCs actually fought for US Fleet, the contract would have been a heck of a lot better than the trash that is in place

Freedom, you raise a great point, Officer salary. The only way you can change this is by getting involved in your Local. Draft up a bylaw change and get your local to sign off on it and then get the right people to the District convention to put it on the floor. Before the convention, do your homework and call around to the other 50 locals to advise them of your proposed changes, in hopes of drawing the necessary support to change the bylaws.
Then maybe the other few hundred delegates will pass the motion at the convention.

If you do that, then you would be walking in my shoes. in ORD, our 4,500 membership drafted and proposed changing salaries and I put it to the floor, but Canale shot it down by saying it was a violation of the bylaws. Canale's the sole and exclusive interpretor of the bylaws so even though we did all of our homework, he made his own rule and said it couldn't be done so it was dead on arrival. That's what Canale does.

At any rate, times have changed, IMO. The reason for me spending my energies back in 2002 to get the salaries adjusted was to reflect the extra 5% 'war reduced salary' of the membership. I figured that if the membership took pay cuts then the leadership should also. This is fair.

Remember, freedom, anytime our company thinks we are in a war, they hit us hard with our 'war article' where the company can take 5% of our pay if our country goes to war. Currently, I personally have no interest in reducing our AGC's salary [whether it be Canale or Delaney] since members are not agreeing to pay cuts. My point back in 2002 was that the membership took pay cuts and it wasn't right for AGC's to not only keep their salary but also get a big pay raise.

Again, let me encourage you to get involved at your local like many of us who post on this board. Participation makes a better union. As far as the AGC's being able to change their own salary, you are incorrect in that. Hell, they can't even resign when forced to [LOL]! Has to happen through the convention.

One thing that separates Delaney from Canale is that Delaney has no intentions of being on the United airline board of directors and is on letter to that effect. He believes it is an inherent conflict of interest.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Quote: Freedom (Previous thread)

I notice that many of you criticize the absurd pay our union leaders make , but yet none of you says anything to correct the so called “problem “ …
It’s great to fling names and lies around at each others candidates but have any of the candidates proposed to do away with the unelected AGC positions that pull 100 K a year ?
What are your candidates policy positions ? All I see are accusations etc …. where’s the forward planning here ? How is the membership suppose to decide if all we have are rumors to go off of ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My advice to you is to get involved with your Union Local. Attend meetings, maybe volunteer for one of the many committees… or maybe even run for Shop Steward. Learn Parliamentary Procedure as it applies to the Union Local proceedings.

Quit asking us everything… how do you think we learned? We became proactive, and began to participate with our own Union Leadership.

If you want information on the New Direction candidates... click on the link below, and select the "about us" link. There you will find information on each person running for office.

http://anewdirection08.com/mikec.html
Here is the link for our CLT AGC candidate. He will do an excelent job... and I'll assure he will be there for this Membership!

"One thing that separates Delaney from Canale is that Delaney has no intentions of being on the United airline board of directors and is on letter to that effect. He believes it is an inherent conflict of interest."Tim

Your quote above begs the question. Dose not the position itself, i.e. head of the district ect... dictate that he must be on UA's board. Wasn't that the deal with UA's ESOP plan back in the 90's? All of UA's major unions would be granted a seat on UA's board in exchange for part ownership in the company? And of course, consessions. And since Delaney (with any luck) would be head of the district, would he not be required to take a seat on the board? I guess what I'm asking is: Is the board seat position specific i.e.head of the District, or person specific i.e.who ever UA sees fit to put there? I have posed this question around CLT, but no one seems to know the answer or at least were not 100% sure. What is your take on this? And yes I also agree it is a conflict of interest!

bird

"One thing that separates Delaney from Canale is that Delaney has no intentions of being on the United airline board of directors and is on letter to that effect. He believes it is an inherent conflict of interest."Tim

Your quote above begs the question. Dose not the position itself, i.e. head of the district ect... dictate that he must be on UA's board. Wasn't that the deal with UA's ESOP plan back in the 90's? All of UA's major unions would be granted a seat on UA's board in exchange for part ownership in the company? And of course, consessions. And since Delaney (with any luck) would be head of the district, would he not be required to take a seat on the board? I guess what I'm asking is: Is the board seat position specific i.e.head of the District, or person specific i.e.who ever UA sees fit to put there? I have posed this question around CLT, but no one seems to know the answer or at least were not 100% sure. What is your take on this? And yes I also agree it is a conflict of interest!
bird
Great question. The answer is that it is not specific to the District Chair. Delaney's stance is that your chief negotiator and union leader must be in a position where he can communicate with the membership and must not be duty bound and sworn to stockholders. Once sworn to the stockholders through confidential signings, the person becomes bought. It may be that Delaney or even Brickner selects some other IAM official, maybe Brickner himself will do it, that way it frees up your district boss to have exclusive allegiance to the membership only. Plus, Delaney isn't into the free limo rides and 'wine and cheese' parties that Canale so likes.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Quit asking us everything… how do you think we learned? We became proactive, and began to participate with our own Union Leadership.

That's not the right attitude. There's nothing wrong with asking questions. Unfortunatly Freedom has demonstrated that he won't listen to the answers.

Freedom, one huge step to fixing these problems is to get someone in position to be able to fix the problems. That's what's been done with the "New Direction" campaign. Right now Canale decides anything he doesn't like is against the rules. Bylaws state you can only "campaign" for one office at a time. Canale interprets this to mean you can't run if you hold another office. His logic is that were you to win it would cause a vacant seat to be filled by an expensive election. Unfortunatly the persons that would run for office are likely to step down from their office to run, thus creating the exact problem the interpretation claims to avoid. Canale has also appointed persons without this needed expensive election, so apparantly it's only when convienent. For reasons like this Canale must be removed. When someone is in position to run the DL fairly and with unbiased reason things can change.

If you want information on the New Direction candidates... click on the link below, and select the "about us" link. There you will find information on each person running for office.

Here is the link for our CLT AGC candidate. He will do an excelent job... and I'll assure he will be there for this Membership!

Well what I was really trying to get at in a less forward manner was my way of asking all of you to stop with the B/S … debate the facts and enough with the slander , this is an ELECTION , not a slander contest … I’m tired of hearing rumor and indenuo on this board .

For either side , if you want to tear down the other side , do so focused on their views and opinions and policy decisions … simply saying “RC SUCKS AND IS A CROOK “ is not a policy decision and means nothing to me … you’ve all been here long enough to know the score … if you think RC is doing a bad job then explain WHY and give examples , also when doing so, leave out the petty personal attacks … none of this “we’re coming for you “ “we’re gonna get you “ etc.. stick to the facts .

EDIT: a good example is the post above mine by N grad

Quote: Freedom (Previous thread)

I notice that many of you criticize the absurd pay our union leaders make , but yet none of you says anything to correct the so called “problem “ …
It’s great to fling names and lies around at each others candidates but have any of the candidates proposed to do away with the unelected AGC positions that pull 100 K a year ?
What are your candidates policy positions ? All I see are accusations etc …. where’s the forward planning here ? How is the membership suppose to decide if all we have are rumors to go off of ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My advice to you is to get involved with your Union Local. Attend meetings, maybe volunteer for one of the many committees… or maybe even run for Shop Steward. Learn Parliamentary Procedure as it applies to the Union Local proceedings.

Roa ,
great advice my friend .. unfortunately it falls on deaf ears. Freedom wants to be spoon fed . just look at his flips and flops

H*ll he "doesn't have time or wants to be involved on the local level , doesn't do the monthly meeting thing or anything else"
He just likes to get on the computer between classes and spew about he loyalty to the union while also preaching the gospels of
how great dougie is .

Well what I was really trying to get at in a less forward manner was my way of asking all of you to stop with the B/S … debate the facts and enough with the slander , this is an ELECTION , not a slander contest … I’m tired of hearing rumor and indenuo on this board .

Freedom your problem is you can't disseminate fact from fiction . (which in your line of study of physiology I would think would be

very important). If you can't figure out all the B/S that Randy and his band of misfits has been feeding you thus far in your infancy

of the IAM then I'm not going to waste time rehashing it all over again.

Roa ,
great advice my friend .. unfortunately it falls on deaf ears. Freedom wants to be spoon fed . just look at his flips and flops

H*ll he "doesn't have time or wants to be involved on the local level , doesn't do the monthly meeting thing or anything else"
He just likes to get on the computer between classes and spew about he loyalty to the union while also preaching the gospels of
how great dougie is .

I don’t do MY part ? I sure as hell do my part … we have plenty of shop stewards , I’m not needed , if I WAS then I would step up to the plate , but believe you me , there are far more capable people here in PHX for that besides myself .

Here in PHX I’d say we’re like a living breathing organism , the body politic if you would and if your memories still serve you , then you would remember that I waged war against you for this last TA … that was MY part , AND I still found time in days gone by to attend any rallies etc …

I can’t know every last detail about our union or our union’s history , we here in PHX haven’t been here that long , if any of you would like to write a nice book about it then I’d be more than happy to read it …

ALSO people say I flip flop , but I guess it’s not obvious to most that the way I think is a dichotomy .

For instance I think DP is doing a great job and continues to do one , but I also really think Ron Roth Is doing a fantastic job as well , but Ron really dislikes DP , but I like both of them .

Also as far as getting something done at the “local “level , no I don’t want to , it’s too boring , the union meetings kill me with boredom ..I’ll show up for the votes and elections , but the general business of the day is a total snooze fest , if they start doing something interesting I’ll start showing up . What is also nice for a lot of us here in PHX is that we TRUST our leadership .. I don’t have to show up to the meetings because Ron does , so I know I’m being represented , if he called on us to show , then I’ll be there .

YOU o-man are the one who proposed on this message board that we need to do something about the union compensation , I expect YOU to lead the fight , now I’ll follow you, if you make it easy , but if it’s going to be long and tedious forget it .. Remember how the new direction team came about , they had pre printed out lists that had the names of the candidates that we needed to vote for .. I thought that was very well put together ..

Am I apathetic here ? Yes I am … if you make it easy we can get something done , that’s called leadership ..

p.s , between classes ? Haha am I going to college now ? :lol:

I don’t do MY part ? I sure as hell do my part … we have plenty of shop stewards , I’m not needed , if I WAS then I would step up to the plate , but believe you me , there are far more capable people here in PHX for that besides myself .

I can’t know every last detail about our union or our union’s history , we here in PHX haven’t been here that long , if any of you would like to write a nice book about it then I’d be more than happy to read it …

Also as far as getting something done at the “local “level , no I don’t want to , it’s too boring , the union meetings kill me with boredom ..I’ll show up for the votes and elections , but the general business of the day is a total snooze fest , if they start doing something interesting I’ll start showing up . What is also nice for a lot of us here in PHX is that we TRUST our leadership .. I don’t have to show up to the meetings because Ron does , so I know I’m being represented , if he called on us to show , then I’ll be there .

YOU o-man are the one who proposed on this message board that we need to do something about the union compensation , I expect YOU to lead the fight , now I’ll follow you, if you make it easy , but if it’s going to be long and tedious forget it .. Remember how the new direction team came about , they had pre printed out lists that had the names of the candidates that we needed to vote for .. I thought that was very well put together ..

Am I apathetic here ? Yes I am … if you make it easy we can get something done , that’s called leadership ..

p.s , between classes ? Haha am I going to college now ? :lol:

well if you go to our other thread that was closed. I TOLD YOU what I thought about the agc compensation.
but to reference what RON says well that's pretty lame . You want to know the answers to the questions then be there . If the local
business meeting is SOOOOOOOO boring then obviously you have no interest in your SOLIDARITY and YOUR UNION . question
did Ron tell you UA's master plan about PHX and the fact that they don't have an interest in a Marginal Profitable HUB when they have
two profitable ones on either side. like I said before . You might want to ask RR what's in it for HIM before you go believing everything
out of his mouth . because He only speaks what Randy wants him to say. Great guy or not . It's about him first and You second. You
will find that out in the coming months. Freedom trust me your not the first person to buy in to the B/S and then say later WTF just happened. but then again You think we on the east are out to get you . You might want to look into your own backyard first .

As far is your comment about if you make it easy for me then I follow . thats pathetic there is Nothing in live that is easy . and NO it's not
called leadership . go back to class and learn what leadership is all about. I for one don't sell B*llshit I tell it like it is . Like it or not .

As far as the guys running on the NEW DIRECTION . I know 4 personally and I Know what they stand for . and B*llsh*t is not in there
vocabulary. Remember the NEW DIRECTION SLATE didn't sell your station down the river . THEY HAD nothing to do with it . Can you
say the same for Randy's team .

Well it’s obvious to me that your still tripping on the election …. So when you’ve exhausted yourself from running around screaming DOOM , DOOM TO YOU ALL!!! I’ll be more apt to converse with you….

Well if your giving up on the whole compensation idea then I’ll just follow you along that route and give up as well :unsure:

if he [Ron R] called on us to show , then I’ll be there .

Not apathetic...just pathetic.

Quit sitting around waiting for someone to call on you to make changes in your life. What if that person is wrong? You, Freedom, just react to what is happening to you. Stop being reactive, and start being proactive. Just look at what you wrote. "if he [Ron R] called on us to show, then I’ll be there"...and "I expect YOU to lead the fight, now I’ll follow you". For pete's sake, take a stand, man! And not just at a rally where you can remain anonymous....TAKE A STAND. Get involved. Educate YOURSELF. Make a difference. Be a man!

So....is the 60 day rule in effect or was it eliminated on May 8 ( Rat. Day )?

Freedom?

Or does it come out on Nov 3 ( OEI ) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.