IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey..chill out,

I think we are beginning to see what the future holds. Shame on us for voting out the best scope language and putting our heads on the chopping block for a few dollars. Just like PIT, we are going to be elbowed out by hubs that have more to offer passengers, and we will be foresaken.

Just to be clear about the TWU scope. If the company decided to downsize PHX by half our scope would not have protected us. Our scope was good because they could not furlough us and hire scabs just for the hell of it.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

FLEET SERVICE: WE CAN SAVE THE IAM!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember when I said that the current IAM is an antiquated anachronism… a relic that refuses to evolve with the ever changing Commercial Aviation world around it?

Well… after watching Canale's video, I’m 100% certain that this Union will not survive in today’s Aviation Business environment, without this Membership’s help.

Statements from Mr. Canale such as… “We haven’t found a secure way to monitor electronic votingâ€â€¦ speaks volumes about the mindset of this ingrained, oblivious, and complacent IAM “good ole boy†Leadership.

Members we absolutely must act!

If you want talented, open minded, and dedicated individuals at the helm of this listing ship that calls itself an Airline Workers Union… you must act to now!

It is absolutely essential that we all participate… apathy will not be an option!

VOTE AT THE NEAREST "CANALE FINALE RALLY" TO YOU!

The International is against electronic voting, the IAM Constitution does not allow for it.

Well, all I can say is if the union wishes to remove all doubt out of the results of an election why not come out of the dark ages and allow electronic voting? This has been my complaint all along!!! Do I think previous IAM elections were rigged....Da** Right!!!!

Lets get together boys and girls and change the constitution!! Oh, I forgot.....we would have to use paper and pencils to vote that in.....no win situation. And the leadership wonders why so many are pissed at the IAM!!!

Lets get together boys and girls and change the constitution!! Oh, I forgot.....we would have to use paper and pencils to vote that in.....no win situation. And the leadership wonders why so many are pissed at the IAM!!!

Go to your local and find out who is going to the GL Convention. Have them do some politickin' and put it to the floor! This is your opportunity make the changes you want or end up waiting 4 more years!

I have been looking for a copy of the current fleet service contract on the web. Does such a thing, similar to the CWA contract exist? If so, a link would be helpful.
Also, any idea when "operational employee integration" will take place?
Thanks!!

Also, any idea when "operational employee integration" will take place?
Thanks!!

I believe November 3rd……… If not sooner.

http://www.iam141.org/PDF/US%20Airways/usa...ve.04.11.08.pdf

III. Operational Employee Integration
Operational Employee Integration (OEI) is defined as the time the Fleet Service Employees of
America West and US Airways are integrated into a combined Fleet Service workforce, with
Company the application of the combined fleet service seniority list. The Company will accomplish OEI
no later than six (6) months following ratification.

Joe,
what Randy really meant to say was " We haven't figured out a way to rig the democratic process for our membership

through electronic voting so there fore WE won't consider it an option" .

Orioleman,

This nomination for New Members of IAM seems to come at a time after the fact that we are all sitting on the newly radified results of the direction we're going until 2011 and after. Seems reading the two
slates of nominees, the resulting officers will actually be no more than representing and officiating the TA for whomever merges or servives the next few years.

Campaigning is expected. But, the truth is it won't matter who wins. Not at this point and time.

Dissent,
"believe November 3rd……… If not sooner."

I would Highly doubt the company would trigger it sooner . There is a reason they put "up to 6 months" language in there

think about . 1 rate of sick calls in the summer season add up to 2 things. More use of sick time and more O.T (Dbl time)

and both of those articles are attached to the beloved OEI.

Dissent,
"believe November 3rd……… If not sooner."

I would Highly doubt the company would trigger it sooner . There is a reason they put "up to 6 months" language in there

think about . 1 rate of sick calls in the summer season add up to 2 things. More use of sick time and more O.T (Dbl time)

and both of those articles are attached to the beloved OEI.
According to AGC PF, it will be Nov. 3rd. Still can't get a "for sure" answer on 2nd Class cities' pay increases.... :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts