IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
NG and AF were both in LAS. I believe the total voter count was 74. Overall for the Local it was just over 100 of 1400 eligable voters. I haven't heard any tallies, but judgeing for the substantial imbalance of West vs East I expect ND08 will be the clear winner with some embarassing total of about 60 votes out of over 500 possible. Shame on LAS for the low turnout. Even NG said it, whatever side you vote, you need to vote or you can't complain.

On 6/13 RC is gonna feel like Tom Brady did the morning of February 4.....minus the bruises!!!

O-man....Roa....and other CLT bretheren.....

Are you really gonna talk about CLT wx when ol' giantfan is here is friggin' FLORIDA where the temp today was friggin' 98 in the shade and the humidity was "just kill me now" percent!!!!

If I was in CLT today, I'd been wearing my earmuffs.... :lol: :lol:

Tim,
try and give us a recap at where we are before 8pm fri. as the site will be going down for a day or two.
Oman,
The voter turnout has been pathetically low and this should concern both camps. With such a low turnout, one big station turn out could affect the final outcome. If CLT turns out over 700, then CLT dictates the vote. Bottom line. But there are 30 stations left to vote and if our 'ace' CLT has a low turnout then I can see possibilities of Canale doing challenges to try to get a revote.

I think it will be mathematically impossible for Canale to legitimately win after PIT and CLT vote next Thursday BUT if CLT turns out low and Canale can gain some mid to late month strength in some stations then he may position himself 'close enough' so that if he throws out the PHL or ORD vote then he can claim a revote. I'm not paranoid about the evil of Canale, we've seen it many times before so since we have him down right now, we must KICK HIM WHILE HE IS DOWN AND MAKE SURE OUR VOTE DAMN WELL COUNTS.

Remember, NOW MORE THAN ANYTIME CLT NEEDS TO VOTE. I'M SURE CONCESSIONS ARE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER AND IF WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF CANALE THEN HIS CONCESSION STAND WILL STAY OPEN!!! Even District Force is mentioning concessions. I've been in this industry for 23 years and each and every time the path is layoffs first then concessions. We can't afford to not take the last 3 weeks of this campaign serious and allow Canale to screw us all over again. And I nice turnout from PIT won't hurt.

CLT, you guys have done better turnouts than any other station over the past year. You're the horse we are riding. I'll vouch for Goodfellas, he's a man of his word, and the pizza for a bigger turnout than PHL [774] is legit.

A few reasons why CLT should turnout
1. You should show Mike Fairbanks the respect he deserves and turn out for Mike Fairbanks, first and foremost. It's the right thing to go to the local and show Mike that you appreciate finally having a Local Chairman that represents you. Being a Local Chairman is a thankless job and speaking as one I can tell you that our reward comes not only when we can win a grievance but most importantly when we see our membership at the local supporting us. Mike could have been like all the others and kissed Randy's 'pinky' but he's a man of integrity and stood up for your interest.

2. Because if CLT shows up big, it will be a final nail in Canale's coffin. A big CLT turnout will 'run over' the Canale concession stand. With concessions and possible bankruptcy looming, you need union leadership that doesn't let management walk all over you. First you will see layoffs, then after layoffs, the company's always come to try to get concessions. You need Delaney and a New Direction, not Parker's boy.

3. Because Canale has always screwed CLT. You've been the biggest station over the years and how many times in the last 10 years has Canale even showed you the decency or respect to enter into a breakroom?????? All he has done is take CLT for granted that you don't count. Show him how much CLT counts on Thursday.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Its my understanding the SLC voted in favor of the New Direction Team.

Tim any numbers yet?

Goodfellas,
your kind gesture is appreciated but if CLT gets 774 valid votes cast then let me propose that you sit back, not spend a dime, and allow myself and a couple others to buy the pizza for the CLT ramp, INTL, Catering, Freight runners. I'm doing the math and IMO it will take about $750 worth of pizza. I'm good for a sizable chunk of it and if some others can step forward then it's a done deal. I'm thinking 774 is a high number and I don't think CLT has it in them [sorry Oman, Freddy, and boys]. I'd love for you folks to prove me wrong. I'm not counting voided ballots either but I am counting all valid votes for Canale or Delaney.
I've heard Goodfellas, Oman, talk the talk, now let's see what CLT has. I'm betting CLT does less than 774 and I'd love to lose that bet!

In fact, I'll put the over/under at between 400-500.

regards,
Tim Nelson

{so on and so forth}

I'M SURE CONCESSIONS ARE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER AND IF WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF CANALE THEN HIS CONCESSION STAND WILL STAY OPEN!!! Even District Force is mentioning concessions. I've been in this industry for 23 years and each and every time the path is layoffs first then concessions. We can't afford to not take the last 3 weeks of this campaign serious and allow Canale to screw us all over again. And I nice turnout from PIT won't hurt.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I too believe that concessions are coming , and they will be here a lot sooner if our airline doesn’t get it’s ass in gear …. I tried to explain to the other workers about a week ago why we need to increase our efforts to get our stats up so that more people will fly with us .. but because many of the workers are short sighted I was shouted down .. what they don’t understand is that this may be our last busy summer for quite sometime , we either make a good name for our airline , or we’re going to be in trouble as a company a lot sooner rather than later …

As for OUR work groups concessions , I’m confident that having RON ROTH on board we won’t get dinged not more than a dime more than is necessary (if it does in fact become necessary ).

Man it would be sad if we ended up back in the East’s BK contract after just getting out of it , but I’ve been prepared for that ..

Let’s all stay solid and aware of the concessions that we will NOT make .

1. No sixty day rule ever , under any circumstance .

2. Stations will not be split pay rate wise ever again .

Man it would be sad if we ended up back in the East’s BK contract after just getting out of it , but I’ve been prepared for that ..

Let’s all stay solid and aware of the concessions that we will NOT make .

Your new name should be " Flipper "

You don't understand do you? You never got out of the east BK contract. You got in it !!! You have one foot in and one foot out.

Now you want us to stay " Solid ". We were solid............were you? I guess in your mind you were. It won't be just because of RR if your world is

saved. It will be because of ND08.

Did You vote? I sure hope so !!!!!

On the other hand I bet you didn't.........what purpose ( in your mind ) would it serve since RR ran unoppossed..........

District Election Update: LAS, DTW, IAH, SLC, CLE

SLC went in a New Direction

LAS only had 62 valid votes out of 1300 total but went to the new direction.

CLE: heard, but not verified that it went with the new direction [this was a welcomed surprise]

DTW: Went strongly with Canale. This is apparently the only station so far that voted Canale's way.

IAH: Nobody voted at all.

I believe there are less than 8,000 voters left. Presently the New Direction commands a 'dominating' 75% of the vote. Delaney is up by close to 3,000 votes, 4 year agc's for a New Direction has over 2,000 more votes than the Canale Regime. Next week we look to take the other SFO local, CLT, PIT, HNL. We feel we should fare 'very well' in these locals. THen we can focus on kicking Canale in Florida with FLL, MIA, PBI, TPA. We believe we are 'solid' in those locals. The plan is to get back over 80% of the vote though. Anything close to 2/3 and I'm 'highly confident' that Canale's evil ways would find a way to throw out the PHL, ORD, DEN votes and ask for a 'revote'. We can't let up and must kick him while he is down. We are coming for him. In the end of June, something wonderful is going to happen........something wonderful.

Randy....I'm going to enjoy taking that picture when you hand over the 'green jacket' to Mr Delaney. You should have listened to me when I told you it would have been better if you would have resigned and could have received your 'IAM watch'.

Pizza for CLT??? I'm saying the over/under is between 400-500. Prove me wrong Oman, Goodfellas, because I'd like nothing more than to be a part of buying alot of pizza for all of my friends from my hood.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I have been in CLT a very long time and have never laid my eyes on Canale. He has never shown us any respect what so ever.

Its time to show him that is going to be a big mistake on his part.

Brothers and sisters in CLT we need to show up to vote in droves and be the final nail in his coffin. Some my think Canale is through

and there is no need to vote. That would be a mistake on our part. We know what kind of snake he can be. The last thing we need is to

have him in a position to give the company more concessions. We have all been through that before with him at the helm and we all know

how that went because we are still living it everyday. Go vote Thursday and encourage everyone to do the same.

Tim,
NOT to worry . I will enjoy watching you break open your buzz lightyear (waterproof) wallet and forking out

the pizza DOUGH. :lol: :lol:

sidnote: It appears the Mr Rick R. is now throwing out racial issues with his latest flyers.

come on HOGSNPIGS you can do better than that . IF you can't fight fair . get out of the game. Oops I'm sorry YOU are out of the game

I wonder if Tony Arms is calling PF and saying.." sorry your losing your job!"
Looks like Frankie O is on the way. No more steak and lobster PF, try buying
Spam. It's best fried with musturd on the bread.
I'm tired of hearing about cheap suites, let's talk about life after being an agc?

Don't worry belly warmer, I'll be your date at the next convention and you can bring
RE too...................................................................

HISTORY IN THE MAKING......................DISTRICT 141 HISTORICAL VOTE 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back