IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
necigrad: the diversion was on the pad, behind our clt crj 700 we watched as the a319 powered up his engines and ran over the chocks our airport does not allow any carrier to do power back outs. in fact our airport doesnt even allow an engine to run while deplaning the pax. the simpl fact was that the pilots of the A-319 were in such a hurry to get out to continue their leg to LGA that they didnt want to wait until we were able to remove the chocks.

GF, I would hope that most would agree that fuel costs are part of doing business. No employee should bare any concessions due fuel costs! Should we give our family less money for food because it costs more to drive to work? This cost(fuel) should be structured in to the ticket price and not tapped into the employees pocket!

Second that. They need to find another way.

Does anyone have a site or link or whatever on what airports/stations we are pulling out of? I heard Williamsport recently and yesterday I was told we are discontinuing service to OKC. weird move considering all the money that is in that town and the fact that they are getting a NBA team next year shows me that they are growing...
Can't figure this rubiks cube (US management) out. :unsure:

GF, I would hope that most would agree that fuel costs are part of doing business. No employee should bare any concessions due fuel costs! Should we give our family less money for food because it costs more to drive to work? This cost(fuel) should be structured in to the ticket price and not tapped into the employees pocket!

and here you also said

"Why don't you go completely management and leave us union guy's and gal's alone! You will have more time to worry about the company, and not realize that they don't give a RAT'S ARSE about you or your co workers. "
So what is it you want ? to do nothing , to do something ?

If you haven't been paying attention they ARE putting the costs of fuel into the ticket prices and divising new ways of doing bussniess aka AL CARTE in order to combat what will most likely by the end of this year be a 2 BILLLION dollar increase in our fuel price .. that's an EXTRA two BILLION dollars our company is going to have to pay out this year .... unless you want to go back to your BK contract it's going to take everyone of us working as hard as we can , being as creative as we can to keep our company going ....

Right now it seems to me that YOU don't give a RAT's ARSE about yourself OR your co workers ...

necigrad: the diversion was on the pad, behind our clt crj 700 we watched as the a319 powered up his engines and ran over the chocks our airport does not allow any carrier to do power back outs. in fact our airport doesnt even allow an engine to run while deplaning the pax. the simpl fact was that the pilots of the A-319 were in such a hurry to get out to continue their leg to LGA that they didnt want to wait until we were able to remove the chocks.

Knowing that this was on a pad it now makes sense. Hope they submitted an event report about their error...

and here you also said

"Why don't you go completely management and leave us union guy's and gal's alone! You will have more time to worry about the company, and not realize that they don't give a RAT'S ARSE about you or your co workers. "

If you haven't been paying attention they ARE putting the costs of fuel into the ticket prices and divising new ways of doing bussniess aka AL CARTE in order to combat what will most likely by the end of this year be a 2 BILLLION dollar increase in our fuel price .. that's an EXTRA two BILLION dollars our company is going to have to pay out this year .... unless you want to go back to your BK contract it's going to take everyone of us working as hard as we can , being as creative as we can to keep our company going ....

Right now it seems to me that YOU don't give a RAT's ARSE about yourself OR your co workers ...

Freedom, he hasn't changed his poistion. His position is that ticket prices must be raised to cover the fuel costs, not that employees should take pay cuts to subsidise the Companies fuel costs. While you are right the Company is making changes to address the fuel, it should not be through employee pay cuts, even in part. MAnagement has no problem taking bonuses, Parker will likely make close to $5,000,000 this year. If they're truly serious about saving money they can start there. Parkers stock purchase was just for show as he'll make even more money when the stock goes back up. And it will go back up, I just dunno when.

You, OTOH, Don't give one flying @#$# about your coworkers. 330 of your brothers and sisters are getting furloughed in LAS. 1700 of your coworkers (not all in your union though) are getting furloughed. And all you had to say was that it sucks, but your job looks safe, so you're happy. If you want to work in a position where the employees bear the burden of bad times and not management, go somewhere else.

Comments on employees taking cuts in "bad times".
If you are not in a union you have absolutely no choice as to
what your pay is. The company can do whatever it wants if
it feels it is in their best interests.

We are in a union and we recently voted in an entire new leadership.
We did the right thing. Here is what RD of ND08 had to say on the subject.
The company has the right to furlough as much as they like during
hard times. But, and this is the crux of the matter, they must bring
back those furloughed employees before any others are hired.

From what RD has said the time for employee consessions in hard times
barring BK are over. And you have to think that RD and ND will be
far more intelligent and principled than the old guard should that occur.

It's tempting to indulge in the idea of consessions now with snapbacks
later, but what would be the mechanism triggering the snap backs.
The price of oil? I don't see any workable solution to this given the
volitility of the entire economy and not just oil prices.

Speaking of oil prices, if you know what future oil prices will be, I
suggest you go to your nearest broker and give him some cash.
Professional estimates range from $50 to $200.

Profit sharing is a good answer to all of this. Just another of Canale's
blunders was to give the west part of the east's profit sharing instead
of getting the west their own share in a TA or the next contract.

I don't have time to develope this but IMO that TA was a very carefully
crafted document which has put us in a very compromised possition
well down the road. I'm not counting out the possibility that this
can't be turned around in 2011.

and here you also said

We could all work for free and they would still lose money, always an excuse. Don't forget ,
they have oil hedged. This is just management jockying to get the
weak to start moaning. Remember we don't work, management doesn't either.
Executive salaries should be based on performance but Parker and the boyz don't have the
balls to rig up thier comp packages to meet performance. Thank god we voted
cheap suites out, he'd give in again,
FWIW............... a friend of mine whom works at the sandcastle, say's there are
mumblings of discontent that cheap suites lost, theyr'e coming back for concessions
but fear delaney will tell them to pound salt.

Does anybody know why my union dues are doubled this pay check?

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts