IAM Fleet Service Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ezchkin
Point well taken. Question though . Didn't you guys let the judge to decide your fate in the last BK.

and speaking of gossip . SO I guess one of randys running mates .. R.E screaming at the membership is acceptable

campaigning. (that's not gossip know for a fact). and I guess keeping Rich from returning to work is just here say also.

Orioleman! Your a little person. Your Direction Team is little. You all mean well. Apparently, so does Canale. You have so much to sell! Most are not buying. Yet!

Just FYI for all.

Do you know that the upcoming elections for district officers are governed by the federal election laws. So no shinanigans from canoli & crew on the results or else the feds get involved. Although I bet he tries something. That's his MO.

pj that's good to know ,but you're right nothing that the dishonest one tries will surprise me

ezchkin
Point well taken. Question though . Didn't you guys let the judge to decide your fate in the last BK.

and speaking of gossip . SO I guess one of randys running mates .. R.E screaming at the membership is acceptable

campaigning. (that's not gossip know for a fact). and I guess keeping Rich from returning to work is just here say also.
During the BK proceedings, there were 4 strike issues. Replace Pension, wages, holidays, job protection. We had a strike vote that passed 94%. Because we gave the union that strong negotiating tool, the company gave in just one hour before the court imposed deadline. The TA passed 67%. That's one time in my career I won't forget. Trying to function in the workplace knowing that the call would come to walk. I think that defines a true union person more than anything. Who will put their personal livlihood on the line for the betterment of the whole. We all had butterflies but had our walking shoes on. Now I hear you can't strike in bankruptcy? go figure!

If R.E. is screaming at the membership is fact, it would depend on what you mean by screaming. Was it a "hot" debate? Was it a screaming match from all involved? That would probably be status quo for the dysfunction happening in chicago for UA. I would say it would be acceptable. However, if she came out of nowhere screaming personal attacks and name calling against the membership that had nothing to do with political issues , IMO, would be totally not acceptable. OTOH, the personal attacks and name calling that is spread on "you know who's" website is also totally unacceptable and not professional. But hey! It's campaigning! It's fun as long as your not running!

Keeping Rich from returning to work? IMO, this is the most immature ranting issue Rich is instigating. All the district wants him to do is clean up his work load and files. What is infuriating to me on this issue is all the union members whose fate is caught up in this campaign. Would it be so hard for him to sit down for 1 day or one week and give a hand-off of all his cases? Could he do that for the employees sake? Obviously not, he would rather use it as a "poor me" campaign issue.

This will give the details on our BK TA
http://www.team2008.org/issues/

and that's YOUR opinion about what he has done for UA hell CO makes more and doesnt even have a union He certainly has done none of that for US far from it maybe his UA board seat has something to do with it

and why doesnt he come meet with the rank and file ? is he scared to come to PHL or CLT?
Sorry, it is just my opinion out of 25k opinions. i'm getting my say out now cuz after the vote, if it's nd08, I go with the flow and will offer my support. I realize CO makes more $ than US and is non union. I have friends at CO. They have no set work rules, they change day to day due to unforeseen events. They have flex $ to BUY which benefits they want. So you can CHOOSE if you want cheaper health insurance or a vacation. You need to look at the whole picture. If you think the UA board seat gets better contracts then maybe you guys can solicit your company to give the IAM a seat.

I don't know why he doesn't come to PHL or CLT. If it was me, yeah, I would be scared!

BTW, I was LOL on your cutting the cheese!

More canalities: Denied Tim Nelson into grievance chair meeting in PIT! Denied Mike Crowell as well, saying he doesn't care about CLT; when Mike said he was there to represent the member's of CLT!!!! Shame,shame ,shame! FACT: WE THE MEMBER'S NEED TO REPLACE THIS KIND OF NON LEADERSHIP(arrogance of an a;;s wipe)!!!!AND REPLACE HIM AND HIS BAND OF DO NOTHINGS.!!!!!

I'm glad you brought this issue up. I would like clarification of that event. Let me tell you what I've heard then you can correct it. I don't want to go into detail about TN cuz I respect his opinions. But my understanding is that the meeting was for the chairmans only in good standing. Crowell is the committee but not chair, is that correct?

Thanks

I'm glad you brought this issue up. I would like clarification of that event. Let me tell you what I've heard then you can correct it. I don't want to go into detail about TN cuz I respect his opinions. But my understanding is that the meeting was for the chairmans only in good standing. Crowell is the committee but not chair, is that correct?

Thanks

ezch,
let me help you with that one. MF is the chairman . and was TOLD by Randy that since he was on vac HE could send someone

from the committee to represent CLT. IF MF had known Randy wouldn't allow MC in . MF would have cut his VAC short so that

CLT would have had a ear at the meeting.

sidenote: there were also folks there from other cities that WERE NOT committee chairs. So that argument doesn't flush

Just FYI for all.

Do you know that the upcoming elections for district officers are governed by the federal election laws. So no shinanigans from canoli & crew on the results or else the feds get involved. Although I bet he tries something. That's his MO.
I don't know the answer about the federal election laws. IMO, I would suggest BOTH sides have witnesses present at all times. Pay attention to everything and watch the vote count. Know what your local total votes are. The district only gets the vote count from the local. The rec. sec seals ballots and mails them in. There can be no wrong doing at the district level because each local knows their own count. I think it will be a close race.

FOR our MCO folks . a reminder YOUR vote is on tuesday june 3 ..... get out and exercise your right to VOTE..

ezch,
let me help you with that one. MF is the chairman . and was TOLD by Randy that since he was on vac HE could send someone

from the committee to represent CLT. IF MF had known Randy wouldn't allow MC in . MF would have cut his VAC short so that

CLT would have had a ear at the meeting.

sidenote: there were also folks there from other cities that WERE NOT committee chairs. So that argument doesn't flush
Thanks for clearing that up. I kind of thought something wasn't right when that happened.

Thanks

EZ,

Here is the deal on the meeting. Yes it was for chairs only. But as Oman stated the CLT chair was on vacation, his replacement was not allowed in the meeting to represent the members from CLT. He was told that since JR was there that CLT had representation. As for Tim, he IS the local chair for US in ORD, just ask his local pres, and everyone else at US for fleet in ORD. canoli does not like him, and Tim calls canoli out wherever and whenever he can. canoli obviously wanted no disruptions at the meeting. So MC and Tim were not alloewd to attend because canoli did not want them in there. I know, I was right there when it happened.

Thanks
FWIW: I am a Local Chairman in good standing and I'm not sure if it is even possible to be a member in bad standing and also be a Local Chairman. The PIT meeting you are referencing was not just for Local Chairman. There were others there that were not Local chairman. Randy's arrogance allowed him to tell me and Mike Crowell that we weren't invited. It wasn't that anyone was on vacation or anyone was a member in bad standing, it was just Randy being the A$$ho** that he is.

At any rate, I don't think your opinion on Canale is remotely close to what I've been hearing from the United folks. I can tell you that they will deliver 'great pain' on Canale tomorrow in Chicago.

Randy can't hold Nicky Handlow's jockstrap. People like Delaney, Handlow, Crowell, O'donnel have character. Randy has absolutely no character or integrity, doesn't give a rip about anyone and that is why we are coming for him......soon enough!

Vote Delaney
Vote in a New Direction

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

You can be a member in bad standing.

If you are tried for a violation of the IAM Constitution, ie, dual unionism, and you are fined and you dont pay your fine, that makes you a member in bad standing.

If you are two months or more behind in dues, you are in bad standing.

You can be a member in bad standing.

If you are tried for a violation of the IAM Constitution, ie, dual unionism, and you are fined and you dont pay your fine, that makes you a member in bad standing.

If you are two months or more behind in dues, you are in bad standing.

When Mr Nelson made the statement "I'm not sure if it is even possible to be a member in bad standing", I think he was being facetious. During the T/A vote Victor Pain put out a hand delivered letter out to PHX that basically allowed hundreds of workers that were listed as "members in bad standing" to vote. The rules he outlined in the letter basically allowed even dues objectors to vote without their ballots being impounded. With that in mind Mr. Nelson was adding humor... At least I took it at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts