IAM Merger Update

You iam diehard idiots that continue to spout off about a $78 multiplier aren't giving all of the facts. For partimers it is half of that whether you are a displaced fulltimer or not. It also isn't calculated on how many years that you have with USairways. It is based on how many years that you have in the iam plan. Which for all of the ramp is almost two years. So if you have 25 years with USAirways, and 2 years in the iam plan you will only be receiving $156 a month retirement if you were to retire today. Don't think that you are going to get $78 x 25 years service from the iam as a retirement. It ain't gonna happen. We were also supposed to be automatically vested in the plan. I got my statement and it said that I am not vested, but I've been working on the ramp for 23 years. if you are an HP ramper you will not be included in the iam plan until you start giving them your dues money. So don't think the iam is in your corner, they are not.
sounds like the same IAM double talk

You iam diehard idiots that continue to spout off about a $78 multiplier aren't giving all of the facts. For partimers it is half of that whether you are a displaced fulltimer or not. It also isn't calculated on how many years that you have with USairways. It is based on how many years that you have in the iam plan. Which for all of the ramp is almost two years. So if you have 25 years with USAirways, and 2 years in the iam plan you will only be receiving $156 a month retirement if you were to retire today. Don't think that you are going to get $78 x 25 years service from the iam as a retirement. It ain't gonna happen. We were also supposed to be automatically vested in the plan. I got my statement and it said that I am not vested, but I've been working on the ramp for 23 years. if you are an HP ramper you will not be included in the iam plan until you start giving them your dues money. So don't think the iam is in your corner, they are not.
well 23 years NOT in the iam plan and you want credit for something you did not contribute towards??you're cool dude..
what pension plan did you have under HP?? for 23 years service??
you get back what you pay in to for IAM.....no freebies.

hey that's my can in that pic.....you can't use it w/o permission! :shock:

well 23 years NOT in the iam plan and you want credit for something you did not contribute towards?
what pension plan did you have under HP?? for 23 years service??
you get back what you pay in to for IAM.....no freebies.

I have worked for U for 23 years. I was forced into the iam in the 90's, but they just decided to put us in the iam pension 2 years ago. I have been paying them dues for about 10 years. Why weren't we placed into the iam pension when we started paying dues?

I have worked for U for 23 years. I was forced into the iam in the 90's, but they just decided to put us in the iam pension 2 years ago. I have been paying them dues for about 10 years. Why weren't we placed into the iam pension when we started paying dues?
Good Question, The answer is, [as usual] -Money-

I keep asking the questions, and true to form no one from the iam can answer them. Are my questions hitting to close to home? Or would answering them open a cans of worms you iam diehards aren't prepared to open. I know, when the facts get in the way, the iam gets out of the way.

I keep asking the questions, and true to form no one from the iam can answer them. Are my questions hitting to close to home? Or would answering them open a cans of worms you iam diehards aren't prepared to open. I know, when the facts get in the way, the iam gets out of the way.
The can of worms has already been opened.........for all the IAM contracts. Too bad the worms can't answer. Best of luck to us all. It's an ugly can!!

:shock:
if seniority isn't the best measure....apparently how much you can ingest would be the rule of thumb?? ;)

I don't know dude...I've seen a lot of pot belledied high time employees, musta ingersted one hell of a lot.

So how biga belly do you have there dude?

700 dude. You have got to get a life. It is very easy for you "senior" guys at US East to say that hire date integration is fair and equitable. Do you want to know why? Because your IAM votes screwed over all your "junior" mechanics through furloughs and layoffs. And just to make it easy for you to understand, and I will type "slow" so you can figure this out, here is the main problem. The following information is in years of service and is used as an example. If USEast guys are all senior and USWest guys are all junior, and in the example we are talking years of employment, how does date of hire seem equitable?

USEast USWest
35 years 20 years
32 years 18 years
29 years 16 years
25 years 10 years

Now I know those are a lot of numbers for you but if you integrate the two by years of employment you will see that all the USWest guys go to the bottom of the pile. Does that seem fair and equitable to you?

quote name='700UW' date='Dec 15 2005, 06:32 AM' post='332161']
December 12, 2005

US Airways-America West Integration Update

Teamsters-CWA Reach Transition Agreement with US Airways

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

The Communications Workers of America (CWA) and International Brotherhood of Teamsters have reached a transition agreement with US Airways for the Customer Service Employees they propose to jointly represent.

In the transition agreement, the Teamsters and CWA acknowledge the fact the full Section 6 contract negotiations will not occur as a result of the merger. The Agreement resolves pay differences between the two contracts and transitions America West workers into the existing US Airways-CWA agreement.

The agreement also addresses how seniority integration will be handled. One aspect that should concern workers at both airlines is the provision stating that there will be no stapling of all the employees of one airline to the bottom of the seniority list of the other airline. By expressly stating that the stapling of all employees is prohibited, the stapling of an unspecified number of employees is not only permitted, but is apparently being contemplated by the parties.

Unlike the Teamster’s ever-changing integration policy, the IAM’s position remains clear and consistent – integration should be based on an employee’s date of hire into the classification. This method is fair and unambiguous, which may be why the Teamsters refuse to agree to it.

The Teamsters and CWA are asking the National Mediation Board to rule on their joint representation of Customer Service workers at the same time at least one of the parties, the Teamsters, are objecting to the IAM’s request to rule on representation for the combined airline’s Mechanic & Related workers.

The IAM is also negotiating a transition agreement with US Airways, but the objection from the Teamsters is holding up the process.

It is the Machinists Union’s opinion that since America West workers will be covered by the terms of a transition agreement they should be active participants in the process. The Teamsters’ delay tactics are preventing current America West representatives from attending and participating in the IAM’s negotiations, but the IAM cannot reach a transition agreement without the participation of America West Mechanic & Related representatives. Their experience and knowledge of the America West agreement is valuable to the employees at both carriers.

The Teamsters’ interference is preventing the final resolution of any pay disparities between the work groups and participation in the IAM National Pension Plan (NPP) by the Mechanic & Related workers at the combined carrier.

As the IAM has previously stated, we are proposing that US Airways contribute into the NPP on behalf of Mechanic & Related employees of the combined airline. However, under NPP rules, a company must contribute a negotiated rate for at least 1,600 hours annually on behalf of a participant in order for the participant to receive a full year’s credit. Less than 1,600 hours will earn only a partial benefit.

If US Airways does not begin contributing to the NPP by March of 2006, the combined group of Mechanic & Related employees must wait until 2007 to receive their first full year’s credit. Unfortunately, the Teamsters have stalled negotiations in an attempt to squeeze a few months more dues from America West Mechanics.

Any talk of the Teamsters negotiating their own pension plan is a joke. No airline will agree to participate in any Teamster multi-employer plan because their gross underfunding creates an enormous liability for contributing employers.

The IAM’s strong scope language will also force maintenance the Teamsters allow America West to export to El Salvador to be done by US Airways employees, creating job opportunities for furloughed Mechanic and Utility workers.

The only party that benefits from delaying the process is US Airways.

The Machinists Union is ready to work with America West Mechanic representatives to conclude transition negotiations so the combined Mechanic & Related workforce can benefit from the resolution of wage disparities, participate in a defined benefit pension plan and begin the recall of hundreds of US Airways workers.

All we need is for the Teamsters to stop delaying the process.

In Solidarity,
William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRPERSON
[/quote]

The IAM’s strong scope language will also force maintenance the Teamsters allow America West to export to El Salvador to be done by US Airways employees, creating job opportunities for furloughed Mechanic and Utility workers.

What a big IAM lie the teamsters had nothing to do with this at all it was done before the union came along unlike the iam letting us airways to send some of thier heavy checks out! so now you decide whitch union is spreading the lies!

What a big IAM lie the teamsters had nothing to do with this at all it was done before the union came along unlike the iam letting us airways to send some of thier heavy checks out! so now you decide whitch union is spreading the lies!

The Teamsters say if they are brought in they are legally able to open negotiations for a new contract yet they then use the the excuse that when they where voted in to cover the AWA Mechanics that farming out of heavy was already being done therefore it was out of their hands and they had nothing to do with it. Well why didn't you bargain to have heavy maintenance brought in house when you got on property since you are saying it is legal to bargain when you are brought onto property?

Kinda sound like your past history when you represented a group that was being merged and you were the bigger group you told your members that if you didn't get enough voters out they could lose representation all together... Yet when shoe is on other foot you now say don't worry about losing representation plenty will come out to vote.

Kinda like you just saying anything you can to win those dues paying members even if it means speaking out of both sides of mouth.

The current U-East Airbus S-check cycle is due to be completed some time in 2007. The next check cycle won't start for approx. 3 years. What happens in the mean time? Do I smell lay-offs? What is the current status of West checks? Do you really think we will be doing West aircraft? Time will tell. The End

Back