IAM topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all from the earlier therad I want everyone to understand That Im an east agent working in a duel station, of east and west workers. So I see both sides of this group.
So I can see that most of us agree that we all want a better deal however I feel we need to become a unified work group all working under the same contract and all with the same pay scale.
I understand that most of you out there dont even know how it is in stations where we work side by side, well at least in the same breakroom with guys who are making so much less than even me as a Class 2 east agent. We have new fulltime guys who make more than the 3 year guys on the west. We need a deal that gets us more money but may not address all the issiues we want.
I would like to see an agreement that wont require and extension or at least a shorter extension.
We all see the differing opinons here however I do feel the east hubs and class 1 cities dont fully understand what we have been thru or are dealing with. I dont want to give away the store here but we need to somehow get an agreement that makes sense.
Henderfuzz,
Class 1 and hub stations aren't voting to understand what you been through. Neither are there 'both sides', only one side, one team.
East siders will be voting on where to go from here and not voting out of pain of inequities. Not interested in any pity parties. Neither should you be voting because of an understanding of what the east folks went through in bankruptcy. Looking forward and correcting the unfairness is what is fruitful. I will add that you need to be more understanding of those 19 stations that are protected right now but would have been thrown under the bus if the last treason was passed. I think it is highly unfair and even rude for you to say the east doesn't understand. Tell me is profit sharing in your contract? Don't throw stones Fuzz, just hang in there and things will work out for all of us.

At any rate, most East stations do understand the west because the second class east stations are at the bottom of the barrel. Stop with your nonsensical babble that somehow the east doesn't understand the west. The second class stations [insert the VAST majority of East stations] only make a slight portion better than the west as far as base pay goes. However, the second class stations do not enjoy the double time, shift differ, other differs, vacation, extra holidays, holiday pay, std, ltd, paid sick time, and 10 other benefits that the west has that the east doesn't. And the west doesn't have the 60 day rule.
In pecking order, one thing is clear, second class East stations are the bottom, followed by west stations, then followed by class 1 stations.

My Local has guys who lacked all the benefits that the west has, lacked the top wage, etc. etc, and still had the foresight to vote against the treason contained in the last TA by a vote count of 32-4. That's right, they voted against a $3.50 hr pay raise because they understood after being informed that they had to give up alot of things to get $3.50. It was almost a wash. We asked the IAM what the package was worth and they said they didn't run the numbers on it. That is BS.
But the extension was valued as a concession in the millions, getting rid of the CIC language was valued as a concession in the millions [still is], profit sharing was a concession valued in the millions, extending the wage progression scale was valued as a concession in the hundreds of thousands, eliminating 22 western benefits was millions conceeded, and 'Time bomb hour glass' concessions [The Canale Special] that would have eliminated 19 more stations.....priceless.

Henderfuzz, the contract sucked. Bottom line. Do us a favor and move forward and quit complaining about something that we already resolved with a big NO vote.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

They will do and say anything to keep themselves in office, they flew into stations this month to try to intimindate and scare the membership because there records as leaders is dismal to say the least. They have stayed in hotels at your expense Ate and Drank at your expense all the while campaigning to save thier jobs. (That seems unethical and damn illegal!) (Quote RT}

I don't know if it's unethical or illegal. That should be looked into. But ultimately
were going to have to at least match whatever they throw at us. At some
point in time we may have to come up with some kind of funding. I don't
know what standard proceedures are. Obviously the incumbant has a huge
advantage. Maybe the union has some matching funds idea. Anyway
it needs to be looked into. Maybe Tim or somebody out there knows
how this works. One question definately would be can they travel and
campaign on our dues. Thanks BF

Tim,
I wonder if DFW was one of the 17 citys that would be thrown under the bus if one would have a different perspective

on things. things that make you go HMMMMM

BF ,
very good point. the NEW DIRECTION team unfortunately doesn't have the same luxury that Canale and crew have

they have to work to earn there paycheck. Having said that however how sad is that even with the campaigning stacked

against the NEW DIRECTION they still garner more support than the Incumbents.. just goes to show the incumbents track

record is catching up with them...

They will do and say anything to keep themselves in office, they flew into stations this month to try to intimindate and scare the membership because there records as leaders is dismal to say the least. They have stayed in hotels at your expense Ate and Drank at your expense all the while campaigning to save thier jobs. (That seems unethical and damn illegal!) (Quote RT}

I don't know if it's unethical or illegal. That should be looked into. But ultimately
were going to have to at least match whatever they throw at us. At some
point in time we may have to come up with some kind of funding. I don't
know what standard proceedures are. Obviously the incumbant has a huge
advantage. Maybe the union has some matching funds idea. Anyway
it needs to be looked into. Maybe Tim or somebody out there knows
how this works. One question definately would be can they travel and
campaign on our dues. Thanks BF
Unfortunately, there is nothing illegal about the company allowing the union reps to fly around, go into breakrooms for hours, and campaigning on the members 'dime'. You have to understand, if you're AHem and you've made Randy your Bit$$, you wouldn't want him out of office either. At any rate, don't forget the Pro Bowl.

OTOH, The NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM members have to work 40 hours a week, some even had to swap off in their own station and go unpaid just to go to their own Local nominations. Several members did make it to other stations but the Canale regime has the advantage in this. NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM is formulating campaign ideas that may include raffles, T shirts, buttons, etc that may ask for a donation so we can get out the truth about Canale and everything he hasn't done. But everything is done on a volunteer basis since nobody on our slate is in the $100,000 club other than Delaney. Delaney was isolated by Canale 2 days into February as Canale dispatched him to ATL for the whole month so Rich couldn't do squat other than spend endless hotel nights in ATL.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Attention any EWR posters

Nominations for DL141 Monday feb 25 at the Days Inn on US rte 1 and 9 south 3:45 pm....

guys your a class II city.. Canale could and would throw you under the bus if the money was right for him..

remember that....

Attention any EWR posters

Nominations for DL141 Monday feb 25 at the Days Inn on US rte 1 and 9 south 3:45 pm....

guys your a class II city.. Canale could and would throw you under the bus if the money was right for him..

remember that....

Oman, Class II is really just a soft way of saying "Second Class". The truth of the matter is many second class stations have gone to Canale due to Canale sending AGC's to those stations. BC spent nearly the whole day in the breakrooms at BUF, on the members 'dime'.

Regarding EWR, their Local Chairman, MW has been contacted, the NEW DIRECTION team has met with him but he has been non-committal to us. The bottom line, Canale hasn't done one thing for them so I'm not sure why there is support in some small stations.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Oman, Class II is really just a soft way of saying "Second Class". The truth of the matter is many second class stations have gone to Canale due to Canale sending AGC's to those stations. BC spent nearly the whole day in the breakrooms at BUF, on the members 'dime'.

Regarding EWR, their Local Chairman, MW has been contacted, the NEW DIRECTION team has met with him but he has been non-committal to us. The bottom line, Canale hasn't done one thing for them so I'm not sure why there is support in some small stations.

regards,
Tim Nelson
I don't want to start a riot and get the thread closed but this really
reeks of union slim praying on the weak. How else could it be put?

regards,
Tim Nelson

Canale would sell those EWR guys out in a New York Minute or any class 2 city to seal a back door deal with management.

He sold them out before and I'll bet he does it again...

One thing about Canale he is predictable and thats what companys want...a fool in charge of a union. makes it easy to rob the members

imagine this scenario.

CO and US hook up . say in 12 months .. six months before that happens. Us decides to close EWR and outsource the ramp..

then low and behold . a merger comes 6 months later and the ramp is once again US or CO . but wait . the guys that got the boot

are on the outside lookin in....

EWR . don't think that can happen to you.. Contact some old US folks that worked in PHX.. they work under the HP contract and have

NO seniority.. SO please think long and hard about your choice of leadership

NEW DIRECTION 2008 coming to a town near you.. LISTEN to what they have to say..........

imagine this scenario.

CO and US hook up . say in 12 months .. six months before that happens. Us decides to close EWR and outsource the ramp..

then low and behold . a merger comes 6 months later and the ramp is once again US or CO . but wait . the guys that got the boot

are on the outside lookin in....

EWR . don't think that can happen to you.. Contact some old US folks that worked in PHX.. they work under the HP contract and have

NO seniority.. SO please think long and hard about your choice of leadership

NEW DIRECTION 2008 coming to a town near you.. LISTEN to what they have to say..........
Omen or man: I was assured by Mike Shamblin that outsourcing had nothing to do
with future mergers. It only had to do with saving the company from a "catostrophic
event". I wouldn't put it passed Canale to use the same type of double. But we
should geve more credit to Canale. With the company going bankrupt sometime
within the next ten minutes, oil prices at $2000/barrel, stock at 8 cents. and only
5 customers system wide last month (one of them was pineybob using a buddy pass)
were lucky not to be arrested and thrown in jail.
But seriously folks that is a very real scenario. And the more stations on the block
makes a merger much more attractive because of the increased flexibility. And
no question about it over the long haul its just the beginning. The Company will
do anything it can to get rid of FS on field stations. Canale knows this and he's
content to just save tdhe hubs long term. If you are from EWR check this out
real good. Thanks BF

damn,

didn't make the top of page again.. well I guess I sort of did.. I am quoted..

guys remember we as fleet are over our first hurdle in getting change in place for the membership. We need to stay strong

I know NEG starts this week and the Newbies are not going to be swayed. But we need all LOCALS still out there waiting to vote

nominations to get the NEW DIRECTION .. representing your local. Canale needs a final kick to the curb from this membership

CLT workers, there is a petition circulating on the date of hire issue.
This will be discussed in the Transition Bartering next week in PHL.
If this is an issue that you feel strongly about, speak up.
MF will be traveling to PHL Monday afternoon.

What city or cities are the petitions being circulated in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back