IBEW Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
once

"Didn't you read the proposals the IAM gave the company? "

this is a joke right.. To my knowledge I haven't ever seen in WRITING any proposals the IAM has made.. You must be in the inner circle.. Congrats for that ..

They neg behind closed and securely locked doors so that no one will walk in on the F/*=ing going on..

and they don't give out any details. until they threw a rag of a t/a.. Thats our updates..

that way there is no accountability on there part

Orioleman, They did put at least one proposal on the IAM web site. The others I saw when they were "educating" us on the TA. Just thought everyone had the opportunity to see them. Sorry if you didn't. They were passed around our breakroom. No inner circle here LOL! Sure they wouldn't know me if they tripped over me. I'm sure I wouldn't know most them if I tripped over them! Been involved with negotiations with another company, wouldn't do that again, sucks. I do understand though how they have to keep some things close to the vest during the process. One of the reasons I hated doing that years ago, and wouldn't want to do that again.

... The west are getting so hoodwinked that they just got bypassed again as the IAM just appointed 3 more east siders on the district level with the west siders dues, to make sure no westies would be represented on the district level. What's painfully odd is that the westies bent over.....
regards,

Tim, I couldn't agree with you more here. The west needs to be represented on the district level. Westies need to do something about this.

Tim, I couldn't agree with you more here. The west needs to be represented on the district level. Westies need to do something about this.
The local guy in PHX just isn't strong enough to make a dent and is securely in Canale's camp even though he vented in RNO. Nothing was done though and I'm not going to be the one to tell him to look up at the scoreboard. Like I said, the District guys on the east just went ahead and ran right over the Local IAM dudes in PHX and LAS, and appointed 3 more east siders with the addtional members brought in from the west. Odd thing is that the west now has east siders who are in charge of them. No wonder why the west is walking on 'piss clams' and is only second best at this point. They deserve better but their leadership is beating the IAM drum alot harder than even the eastern hubs do.

regards,

oncearound
First: I did read the proposal.
Second: Who said the COC is a 50/50/ chance? Oh yeah the IAM. Don't you find it strange they spent a lot of money on something that is only a 50/50 chance? That in it's self shows how they waste money. If it was worth nothing the company would not have given up anything.
Third: I glad you saw things you wanted because most of members never got that chance. Take DCA for an example. The AGC came in with out warning and said here is the contract and we are voting on it now.
Fourth: The bickering you hear is the IAM loyalist scurrying around to try and save the AGC's from having to go back and do real work with the people they have misrepresented for so long!
Fifth: The fact the management for US Airways has done so many costly and just plain stupid things is right here in our faces. Please don't tell people that this company hasn't been ran into the ground. The only reason this airline is even here is because of the hard working employees {twice}. No thanks to a management that has continued to line their pockets as well as fight tooth and nail to prevent us from a decent living! Let's not even talk about how bad the IAM has done nothing for the westies! They even refuse to let some of them the chance to represent there own people!
Sixth: Who is making money? Most of us are just scraping by. In the class II cities they have to have second jobs.
Seventh: Not to mention the fact that the IAM laid down on the section 6 negotiations. You even admitted the fact that the company is making hugh profits. Why should we not reap some of the rewards? I agree with you that if the company isn't making money no one does, but the company is making money!
Eight: WE as a group could effect change for the better, but only if we are together!
Ninth: I agree with that if it was a level playing field and no one could open the contracts. The problem is the company has Bankruptcy as a backup plan! I was using that as an example of how things are not on a level playing field!
Tenth: The IAM chose to show separation when they left the west on idle and tried to force a SH*T T/A in the back door! The strength in numbers has been touted before by the IAM. The problem is they have never enacted it. Bet your a** they would if it meant the mechanics would get a better deal.
Eleventh: Not all unions are the same. I by no means am saying the IBEW is perfect but they do have balls. We don't want choir boys in there to deal with the wolves of US Airways!
Twelfth: The IAM has refused to listen to the group on this T/A. You ask how? How about the fact that they continue to push this agreement even though it was voted down by a very good percentage! How about the fact they continue to promote their lackeys that pushed the T/A even when the group never got a chance to vote on their promotions. Could it be the fact that their bylaw allows dictatorship instead of a democratic process?
Thirteenth: Every thing I have stated here is a FACT !

Thanks for your time!

Labor Dawg

Power to the people!

once
"They asked for input before this TA stuff started. I gave mine did you?"

2 questions.. 1 where do you work .. because I know of about 1200 people in clt that weren't asked

and 2 did they listen. and if they listened how do you know they did anything about your suggestions.

sorry one more.. When do you think would be a GOOD time .. in 09 when they open the contract come back 2 yrs later with some lame excuse

why we can't get you guys anything better.. Sorry that train has left the station.. Stood up for the IAM for the last time. 3 strikes and there OUT

not to get of subject .. but Brickner "says you better watch the price of oil things could get worse."

geez that sounds like Management not A strong UNION fighting for its members.. Also I do believe our beloved CEO has been raising

tkt prices to off set increase in fuel and I give the boy credit seems to have worked the hedge thing pretty good.. As I see Oil prices may

at some point become an issue but right now.. Come on. another UNION scare tactic.. Wanna know the price of oil go fill your gas tank..

that .73 cent raise wouldn't help much there in that category..

Go IBEW.
there still on subject

not to get of subject .. but Brickner "says you better watch the price of oil things could get worse."

geez that sounds like Management not A strong UNION fighting for its members.. Also I do believe our beloved CEO has been raising

tkt prices to off set increase in fuel and I give the boy credit seems to have worked the hedge thing pretty good.. As I see Oil prices may

at some point become an issue but right now.. Come on. another UNION scare tactic.. Wanna know the price of oil go fill your gas tank..

that .73 cent raise wouldn't help much there in that category..

Go IBEW.
there still on subject
The IAM been telling folks to watch the oil even when it hit $75, as it negotiates concessions and watches the company pack in near record profits. The problem is that he is doing his job because he is management. THe sooner everyone figures that out, the quicker they will be represented. Right now, fleet service is union but it is non-represented.

regards,

Card Counts have been updated. Two hundred additional cards were signed this week and the IBEW is now at 65% of its target [5,000]. PHL is still signing. CLT was the hot spot and turned over to 400 and is on its way to 500 cards. PHX has bigtime stalled but a PHX meeting is being scheduled to clear up the lies. I think PHX is critical to this IBEW campaign as it will be very difficult for the IBEW to reach its goal if the 3rd largest hub continues its support of the I AM Management union.

At any rate, a few more smaller stations joined in this week. IBEW committee has been swamped.

Card Count

Email to get your station involved

regards,

Yeah man, they posted the "letter" from the IBEW president saying that our cards don't matter as the president of the IBEW won't honor them.

Actually it wasn't the actual letter, it was a copy of a fax of an email from one guy to another saying that the IAM HAS the letter. What a load of melarkie haha!

Seriously though, in PHX there was one guy handing out cards, a few signed, then good game. Come on, you guys have to tell the IBEW to get out here because the IAM is pouring on the lies thick!

Are you really in PHX? We've had one person hand in over 200 herself. Also others collected another 100, and we are approaching 400 although we only posted 300.

At any rate, more than just a few cards. There will be an IBEW meeting there from what I understand. I also understand that your local chairman put out a letter that said if the IBEW gets voted in then you will lose your contract, is he really ignorant enough that he said such a thing?

regards,

PO'ed ,
listen you seem really passionate about your future.. SO now is the time to step up to the plate.. get involved

and help your brothers/sister out and ask them to give you some cards to get signed.. Don't sit on the sidelines and wait for someone else

to do it.. trust me.. this is your future . YOU seem to want to get involved so do it.. the folks coming out there are great people.. talk to them

and ask them what you can do to help the cause.. also if you have times and places where they will be.. get some flyers posted.. Tim can help with that

and make sure the stay posted.. The IAM is starting to run scared.. DON'T be INTIMIDATED.. THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THERE CUSHY JOBS.. NOT YOURS

Geez Dawg, What about a pot of gold every time we show up to work too? Don't you think they asked for most of that and more? Didn't you read the proposals the IAM gave the company? You guys seem to have just looked at the company's best and final offer. IAM didn't write that, the company did. The IAM said they thought it was worth a vote, they gave us the ball at that point. They were at the end, before COC. You would have been pissed off if IAM made that decision for you and turned it down. You would have yelled and screamed if you didn't have a say. They gave you a choice. I never heard anyone say the COC was a slam dunk. We made the choice. We will have to see what happens now. The company is just eating this division up! We look weak because of it. You IBEW guys are doing us no favors.
What the Heck! Who said We made the choice! about the COC. "We" are the resulting US Airways Fleet and Mechanics. West never had a chance to convince the majority. The west is asking only to be given until 2009, something equal to your East efforts. If the IAM has BALLS! They will suggest both sides get more than and also equal to for both sides. Look toward the positive. Bring West up to East and Add benefits that satisfy company and Fleet and Mechanics.
I just heard lately A and P mechanics are replacing Aircraft appearance agents. They now do both jobs. What gives. Of course, this is something in Phoenix. Sounds the company changes things "at will". What a puzzle this industry is!

Quick question , who has physical possession of the cards ? If the IBEW is not officially involved with this IBEW committee , who are we giving our signed cards too !? If the IBEW is not the official collector and holder of the cards , what assurances do we have that the cards will not be turned over to the governing board that handles these issues unless that so called 65% quota has been filled ?

I don’t mean to sound alarming , it’s just I became alarmed at the thought . Please tell me Mr nelson who is if I’m correct neither an IAM member or a current worker at us airways isn’t the one in physical possession of the cards ..

Dawg, What I said was I didn't think you read the proposals the IAM made during negotiations. They asked for a lot of what you mentioned. COC was a 50/50 chance according to IAM, that's what they told us. They used that as leverage. I don't see it as the union letting the company rape us. What I saw was the IAM fighting for what we asked for. We are our own worst enemy, with this bickering. I am certainly not denying anyone the right to a change. We are all angry and have the right to be. I am no IAM loyalist, never wanted the IAM to begin with! Not sure why you would say the company is trying to run itself in the ground. What purpose would that serve? No ones. They are making money and that's what we all want! We all just want to make money, a LOT more than we are making! If the company's not making money we wouldn't be making money or working! As much as we don't like it, we don't run the company or make their decisions. I really hate that! I'd love to make all the decisions! Wouldn't we all? LOL Not sure what you mean when you said we can't open contracts. Maybe I'm just stupid, but it seems to me that you need to wait and go by the law as to when a contract is amendable. We are not in sec 6, former HP employees are though. I NEVER said we are trying to fleece the company. That's just silly. We all want a just and livable wage, proper treatment, and working conditions. We are ALL working our butts off trying to survive. I am NOT trying to take away options from us. I just think this is a bad time to show the company we are divided. Strength in numbers! Where did I say IAM is such a good union?!? They are all the same. We will never be totally happy with one. It is all about timing. This is a bad time. By the way I don't see where or when IAM has refused to listen. They asked for input before this TA stuff started. I gave mine did you? Or did you jump on this when the TA came out? I'm doing nothing to stop you guys. Just wish you IBEW/Teamsters, whoever's popular at the moment, supporters would state correct facts. I might be a ramper, but it doesn't make me ignorant. I understand labor law, and I understand what's going on. I'm not going to follow whoever screams the loudest. I'm going to form my opinions on facts. Not what I read on here. This is always interesting, but not always factual.

Dawg, What I said was I didn't think you read the proposals the IAM made during negotiations. They asked for a lot of what you mentioned. COC was a 50/50 chance according to IAM, that's what they told us. They used that as leverage. I don't see it as the union letting the company rape us. What I saw was the IAM fighting for what we asked for. We are our own worst enemy, with this bickering. I am certainly not denying anyone the right to a change. We are all angry and have the right to be. I am no IAM loyalist, never wanted the IAM to begin with! Not sure why you would say the company is trying to run itself in the ground. What purpose would that serve? No ones. They are making money and that's what we all want! We all just want to make money, a LOT more than we are making! If the company's not making money we wouldn't be making money or working! As much as we don't like it, we don't run the company or make their decisions. I really hate that! I'd love to make all the decisions! Wouldn't we all? LOL Not sure what you mean when you said we can't open contracts. Maybe I'm just stupid, but it seems to me that you need to wait and go by the law as to when a contract is amendable. We are not in sec 6, former HP employees are though. I NEVER said we are trying to fleece the company. That's just silly. We all want a just and livable wage, proper treatment, and working conditions. We are ALL working our butts off trying to survive. I am NOT trying to take away options from us. I just think this is a bad time to show the company we are divided. Strength in numbers! Where did I say IAM is such a good union?!? They are all the same. We will never be totally happy with one. It is all about timing. This is a bad time. By the way I don't see where or when IAM has refused to listen. They asked for input before this TA stuff started. I gave mine did you? Or did you jump on this when the TA came out? I'm doing nothing to stop you guys. Just wish you IBEW/Teamsters, whoever's popular at the moment, supporters would state correct facts. I might be a ramper, but it doesn't make me ignorant. I understand labor law, and I understand what's going on. I'm not going to follow whoever screams the loudest. I'm going to form my opinions on facts. Not what I read on here. This is always interesting, but not always factual.
Oncearound Sorry to say but we've heard this phase stated before. We are our own worst enemies. Please convince us you are not Tom Brickner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back