IBEW Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
lith

HOW many mergers have you gone thru. this is my 3rd. so maybe some of us easties DOOOO have a little experience with this..

also why don't you try this,, you and couple of your buddies go down to the hall and inform your local chair that you want to form a neg. committee.

You guys will go out to the station and sit down and figure out what everybody wants and go give this to brickner ... but first try to get it out of your local.. In about 3 or 4 years

come back to the board and let us all know how it worked out.. BEEN there DONE that.. the IAM doesn't give a rat's a-- about what you or I or any other member of this UNION wants..

sidenote

I have President Bush's e-mail and also Mickey Mouse if you want it..

Lith You remind me of the battered women’s syndrome. You can't keep asking us to go back to the people that are responsible for our situation. The IAM loves guys like you because they think they can continue to treat you like s*** because you are asking for more. The evidence is in and they have been exposed as the criminals they are. They tell you how you are important to them, while behind your back they bury a 13 inch knife in your back. One inch for every year. The facts are on the table and I think you probably are influenced by someone who is an IAM leader. Good luck in your endeavors may they never get in the way of the people!

proud ,
lets not forget.. WE lose profit sharing (over 55million right now) We lose the CIC grievence ...... SO we trade that for a buck more

an hour . I don't think thats such a good option either..
i wasnt saying that if we lose arbitration but we get a deal anyway we will still get profit sharing...plus any gains made but only til the current cba is amendable

freedom
you can’t have it because there’s only so much to go around and EVERY other us airways work group ALSO wants what they

AND how much my friend is Dougie getting out of this... $$$$ HE doesn't seem to concerned with cost.. Just look at what kind of airline he runs. believe it or not IT cost

more to run a poor service airline then one that retains customer loyalty ... Look at Peoples express/ New York Air.. pre bankrupt CO.. and look who ran them.. Doug's been reading the wrong book

on how to run an airline.

I even think a new strategy of accepting limited gains traded against a speedy contract negotiation would be worth while if it meant we were getting to have talks over the next contract sooner .

my friend this obviously is your first go round with contract neg... NOTHING goes fast unless your in BANKRUPTCY .. The company won't even talk to the union for 1 1/2 after it expires..

ask your acg how much the company talked to the IAM on this last t/a . almost a year went by before they went back to the table..

lith

You seem to continue to make this an east or west thing.. tell ya what.. YOU continue to support and be suppressed by the IAM there will always be a division amongst the group

just like they did when they went to class I , class II , class III .. and changed the pay rate.. OR on the other hand.. WE lets drop geographical location... AS A GROUP .. stand

up TOGETHER as USAIRWAYS FLEET SERVICE GROUP send the IAM packing and bring on a UNION that wants to FIGHT for ALL of its members.. east/west/north/south... THEN maybe

just then WE can become one.

GO IBEW

To those of you saying that changing a union will do no good, why not ?
I figure it could either get better or God forbid worse. The poster who keeps
asking us to e-mail Brickner, NO...doesn't he work for me. Shouldn't he be
concerned about me. If I have to bring things to his attention something is
terribly wrong here. Also I don't want a phone call, e-mail the company union,
I want a union that will go knock on the door. There, I said my peace for now.
I signed a card for the IBT and I signed a card for the IBEW, I'll sign a card for
for change. I know this letter came out but I also know posters' from the IBEW
informed us of its release a week or two prior to actually seeing it. I believe in
these guys and girls, they seem to be looking out for OUR best interests. Some
of you don't like them or question them about thier objectives. I like them and as
far as thier objectives, well I've seen what the IAM has achieved and I'm not all
that impressed. Dawg, may have been a little forward but alot of the anti-ibew, or
pro-iam posts seem to be coming from people who just been beaten so long they
don't want to get thier beater upset. You call the cops (ibew) but when they show up
you cry its' your fault he (iam) loves you and didn't mean to do it.
Well at least thats'
how I read alot of your posts'. Now go ahead and bash me, have at it, thats' seems to
be your M.O.

bob

BOB I'm very sorry if I was harsh, but I feel like that because I was a MP. I saw exactly what I said. I think some people have been beaten so bad that they don't know that they have an opportunity to get out of this very bad relationship! I am sorry if I have hurt anyone’s feelings. I just get tired of seeing family getting screwed. Weather you believe it or not if you work for USAIRWAYS you are a family. Think about for a minute. You spend on average during the week 1/3 of your life with your biological family. Then you spend another 3rd with your work family, and last but not least you try to rest a 3rd. Then you do it all over again. This is the very reason I hate the IAM. They promote cronyism not unity! They really don’t care about the families they are supposed to help! I unfortunately am someone that shoots straight from the hip. I call shots as I see them.

I respect the fact some of you still have faith in the IAM, but I lost all respect for them when I saw their politics. I have told guys like LITH how the IAM runs their politics. They feeling pressure have started telling certain people they will pull their union cards and get them fired. That is certainly what I want from a union. It’s bad enough the company does this but now the very people that are supposed to protect jobs are doing it.

Does this read like a post from someone seeking change ?

''Missed bags and Mule' falls on the sword, for being last since it snowed in Philly.

DOT complaints, the chaste Thelma Lou Eberwein. Go back to teaching second graders in Mayberry.

And the next month we can cut more losers.

It's time to stop the bleeding.''

It's not....bob, this was how Dog Wonder felt earlier this year. He asked you
''why do you think they will save you ?''. I thank you for trying to save yourself.

Thanks....
and your right about the M.O.

Dawg-
No offense was taken, your analogy was spot on as far as the thinking
process. In my post I was agreeing with you not admonishing you.
Perv-
Thank you very much.
''why do you think they will save you ?''. I thank you for trying to save yourself.''

bob

Here is an honest question.

In very specific terms, what is it that you really expect in your contract?

Hourly Wage?
Benefits?
Insurance?
Sick Time?
Etc.

Do not give me we can do better, be specific.

What do I expect?
I don't think I'm asking too much when I want at least what fleet service at the top 5 carriers have.
In the past, we have always accepted less just to watch others get "industry leading" contracts.
Not this time.
Right now we have the highest profit margin of any carrier and the contract offered to us should reflect that.
When the airlines all take a turn for the worst.....and it will happen again.....they will come back to us for concessions.
Do you want to take those concessions from $17?, $19? or $21?.....10 holidays? or 5?......2 paid sick days? or 5?........3 vacation week? or 5?
Because make no mistake about it....this industry will never be stable again and you have to get paid while they are making money because they will come to you first when they are not!
That's what it's all about for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts