MERGER MANIA CONTINUES (MERGED TOPICS)

I wonder if AA would go CH11, knock out the contracts, US n Doug go after AA in CH 11 n later go after say JB and or AS just a thought.

I wonder if AA would go CH11, knock out the contracts, US n Doug go after AA in CH 11 n later go after say JB and or AS just a thought.

If US is smart, they would not merge with AA, unless AA goes chapter 11, even if AA approached them to merge ( it would cause a horrible situation and demolish all cost savings achieved in two BK ) AA is in far worse shape than US is, and it is just a matter of time before something happens. AA is reaching for straws at this point and US is not.

We can all speculate on what may, or may not happen... but the fact is the industry is in a “consolidation mode” I’m not even certain that O&D... hub logistics... or anything else for that matter will influence any future decisions in this regard.

I think it is more of a “bigger is better” mindset that will drive the future. That is what makes Wall Street happy!

Make sure you have adequate M&A language in your agreement!

Let’s push the swoosh with our underpaid tush!

Regardless of what we all "think", remember people have been saying "US is dead" for at least 20 years. But, it's still here. :rolleyes:

SWA allows USAirways to survive so they have someplace to send their passengers from oversold flights.

Uhhh, last I checked WN doesn't send passengers to other carriers. But, I suppose WN does need US to send passengers to from the oversold WN flights to Athens, Tel Aviv, Rio De Janeiro, Barbados, ... :blink:

Regardless of what we all "think", remember people have been saying "US is dead" for at least 20 years. But, it's still here. :rolleyes:
A purchase of Spirit Airlines keeps popping up but please God I hope that is just pure rumor.

In name only.. don't kid yourself.. this is America West

With hubs/focus cities in Charlotte, Philadelphia, Washington DC, New York City and the shuttle. Oh, and Phoenix.

:ph34r: It's only US Airways in name.

I'm going to "opine" here, and look forward to other(s) opinions.

All this talk about US Air demise (if they don't Merge or get Acquired) makes me Laugh !
Granted, the US situation is very unique.
Honestly, I feel that NONE of the few remaining airlines Want US, and more Honestly, IMHO it doesn't make a difference to US.
Here's why;
1. PHL
2. CLT
3. DCA
4. BOS/LGA/DCA Shuttle

If you're a unionized employee in those stations only, you'll have a job for a long time !
The amount of O+D traffic into and out of PHL and DCA is enormous, and that alone will keep US around for a long time. Now factor in the decent over-the-atlantic-traffic from PHL, and US becomes even more stronger against failure. Add in the Caribbean N/S's from PHL and CLT, it makes them (further) stronger.

With WN's BIG move with Air Tran in ATL, I see WN having a easier time going after DL, than "trying" to nickle and dime US in PHL, and Never going into DCA.

Many of US's FF's(may) wish they could dump US in PHL, But simply can't because they're most likely LOADED with FF miles, so they Keep flying, AND keep getting MORE miles.

Bottom line.....US is in a very unique position, and IMHO, virtually "to Big to Fail".

And lets not forget the marketing agreements with UAL etc.

???

Latest posts

Back