Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
EastUS1 said:

A fine choice Bob, and what a great price to get it for. My earlier ribbing about a "commie" tractor was naturally done just for grins. One thing's certain; that being that one can't do better for cold ops machinery than good ole' Russkie stuff. :)

True enough!  The "Russkie" stuff, had (has) a lot of interesting characteristics, for instance;  they tend to continue to fly aircraft considered "obsolete" by "Western" standards.  Most if not all, Russian warplanes are capable of operating from "unimproved" locations, ie; hi-ways, frozen lakes, gravel airstrips, ect.  I remember intercepting and flying formation alongside Russian long range bombers; Bears, Badgers and Blinders, and being amazed at the lack of "refinement" in the appearance of those aircraft.  I mean they looked for all the world like they were built by a steam locomotive train manufacturer.  The Russian "mindset" has historically been, to overwhelm with numbers, more simpler and cheaper aircraft (equipment) is better and you can't have too many of them.

Be that as it may, I'm sure they no doubt make a great tractor!

seajay         

EastUS1 said:

You're asking such a question provides it's own answer where any issues of wisdom are concerned.

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." Buddha.
Emotion tells me to react, stop paying dues to USAPA. 

Wisdom tells me, think logically, remain a MIGS.

Buddha,what do you think? Oops he's dead.

Bob? You still here?

snapthis said:
Emotion tells me to react, stop paying dues to USAPA. 

Wisdom tells me, think logically, remain a MIGS.

Bob? You still here?
Go by your emotions.  It has paid off for you so far, right?  Think about it, go with the gut instinct. 

Damn the section 29 letter, you can be the new susie!

Zone5 said:

True enough!  The "Russkie" stuff, had (has) a lot of interesting characteristics, for instance;  they tend to continue to fly aircraft considered "obsolete" by "Western" standards.  Most if not all, Russian warplanes are capable of operating from "unimproved" locations, ie; hi-ways, frozen lakes, gravel airstrips, ect.  I remember intercepting and flying formation alongside Russian long range bombers; Bears, Badgers and Blinders, and being amazed at the lack of "refinement" in the appearance of those aircraft.  I mean they looked for all the world like they were built by a steam locomotive train manufacturer.  The Russian "mindset" has historically been, to overwhelm with numbers, more simpler and cheaper aircraft (equipment) is better and you can't have too many of them.

Be that as it may, I'm sure they no doubt make a great tractor!

seajay         

No joke Brother. Remember when Belenko was "kind" enough to give us a Foxbat, and it was first derided as having tubes, versus transistors,etc...well, until testing demonstrated that it's electrical systems could deal with much higher/longer sustained loads than our birds? Who can forget that BS about it's being merely some "rusty steel"...which nonetheless could hang Atolls on her up to 2.8, with 3.2 being her top speed? And having long ago put scale models of the Foxbat over those of our F-15; It doesn't pass notice that the Eagle looks almost like a cookie-cutter rendition...just sayin'...and I'll guess they made 3 Foxbats for the production price of one of our F-15s. A good thing indeed that we were earlier such an incredibly wealthy nation that we could just out-spend the Soviet empire into fragmentation.

Agreed on Bob's tractor as well. Methinks he done good there. ;)

PS: I'd love to see anyone try to even pretend that the Blinders and Backfires were/are "primitive" birds. Maybe not Maybelline, but who cares about the fingernail polish in a fist? ;)

snapthis said:

His thoughts aren't, nor are those of Socrates, Plato, Yeshua Bar Notzri, etc. "you'se" west "spartans" demand FAR too much respect for your mere moment in time...as well as you do for seemingly everything about you. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Claxon said:
Teach children to hate other human beings because they belong to a faction, regardless of their individual character.  Child abuse, west speciality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHUx5rdXM0Q

"You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you."

Credit goes to Seals and Croft.

OK, back to the question, Claxon, Y or N?

snapthis said:
"You who are on the road
And so become yourself

According to that colossal hemorrhoid Steve Gay I am. So be it.
How is that moron? Kind of miss him since he got launched.

snapthis said:

"You who are on the road
And so become yourself

Sir, would that credit not go to Crosby, Stills and Nash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vnYKRacKQc

Just filed.

Case 2:13-cv-00471-ROS
Document 266
Excerpts

Plaintiffs respond in support of US Airways Motion for Summary Judgment (Doc. 212) and clarify the nature of relief sought on Claim Four. This response is supported by the Memorandum of Points and Authorities that follows and by Plaintiffs Separate Statement of Facts in Response to Motions for Summary Judgment (PSOF) filed concurrently.

CONCLUSION
The West Pilot Plaintiffs support US Airways motion for summary judgment on Claim Four. That said, now that the Court has heard the evidence and had the opportunity to weigh credibility of witnesses, the West Pilots prefer that the Court provide relief on that basis and not as a pure matter of law. The West Pilots respectfully ask that the Court enter judgment on Claim Four that declares (1) that the West Pilot class, through representatives and counsel of its choosing, has the right to fully participate in the process of integrating the seniority of the US Airways and American pilots, including the right to compel arbitration according to the provisions of the MOU; and (2) that these representatives will have the personal immunity ordinarily afforded to union committee members. In addition, the Court should order that USAPA must provide funding to the West Pilot representatives comparable to what it provides to its merger committee.
Dated this 13th day of November, 2013.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts