Possible UA/US Merger Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what she was trying to express is that they are probably not living paycheck-to-paycheck, which is different than the status of most of the worker bees.
It really does not matter whether they are living paycheck-to-paycheck or not. The ship is still sinking while they are here. I simply suggested, courtesy of her point, that, perhaps, were they to do something different than stay, the ship might do something different also.

BTW, you might be surprised at how many "executives" live "paycheck-to-paycheck", as you say it.

Sorry but I’ve reached my B/S limit for the day ..

We’ve been the on time leader in the industry for how many months now ?

We accumulated almost HOW much money when times were good ?

Our aircraft are painted , the new uniforms are rolling out ….

What the hell is it that you want ? Just say it , your in a work group that’s not getting what it wants because your being unreasonable (contract wise ), so now you think that by swapping out management things will be better for ya … I got news for ya , I’m not letting our management team go , they go we ALL go … (go as in go UNDER )

Geez sometimes I feel for DP and crew having to deal with self centered ,irrational people all the time …

... I’m not letting our management team go , they go we ALL go … (go as in go UNDER )

Don't get too emotionally attached to this management. They come and go as often as I change from dress to skort to skirt. We were here before them, we'll be here long after them.
They pack up leave and don't even drop us a postcard. Any one heard from Wolf, Siegel, Colodny, Kephardt, Lakefield... ?

Really? I reached mine a long time ago when the company decide to put my bankruptcy induced contract on the back burner to deal with everything except for a fair integration. I understand your frustration.

We’ve been the on time leader in the industry for how many months now ?

Very nice, indeed. Nice to see US on the upswing. Just think of how much complaints would go down and baggage numbers would improve if employees were treated as assets, not liabilities.

We accumulated almost HOW much money when times were good ?

All on the backs of cheap labor, my friend. Undeniable, and nice try.

Our aircraft are painted , the new uniforms are rolling out ….

Yet I am working under a contract that has been gutted, three times, and the Company is in no hurry to remedy that. At least I look pretty, right? Get real...

What the hell is it that you want ? Just say it , your in a work group that’s not getting what it wants because your being unreasonable (contract wise ), so now you think that by swapping out management things will be better for ya … I got news for ya , I’m not letting our management team go , they go we ALL go … (go as in go UNDER )

What? You gonna hold onto that management team real tight? Never let 'em go? Cue Celine Dion.... Oh, and don't get too attached to them, you see they'll leave when the time is right for them, not the Company, and they won't even remember your name... :lol:

Geez sometimes I feel for DP and crew having to deal with self centered ,irrational people all the time …

I give DP props when necessary, such as the "ala carte" pricing he is implementing, and the fact that they are leaving no stone unturned in terms of cost savings during this fuel crisis. Some agree, some don't. It frightens me, however, that you would call hard working, dedicated employees that have given, given, and given to help this enterprise through the hard times "self centered" and "irrational". You sound ignorant, and all I can do is hope that you are in the minority out there, wherever you are.....

Ok, the hold on to them was a bit over the line lol …. No I’m not going to hold them tightly , heck if better management can be found then I say by all means come in and replace them … the problem is I don’t think there is better management out there .

When I say self centered and irrational I mean those people who haven’t adjusted yet … I’ll make no pretense to hide my own self centeredness .. I’m all about getting mine … but at the same time I retain rationality about all of it …

You talked about past BK’s … I have to wonder how many of our employee’s are still living IN the past , how many of them out there still believe that they should aim for what they ONCE had in contract talks …this is what kills unions , wasting years trying to attain unrealistic goals , this industry has changed fundamentally and forever …none of the major companies are going to go back to the high labor costs that they once had . We need to fight hard for what is realistically attainable , not for desperate hope that will drag out the misery and suffering of our workers …

You talked about past BK’s … I have to wonder how many of our employee’s are still living IN the past ,

Uhh, it's hard not to "live in the past" when you are working under a bankruptcy induced contract from 2001... Get it yet?

how many of them out there still believe that they should aim for what they ONCE had in contract talks …this is what kills unions , wasting years trying to attain unrealistic goals , this industry has changed fundamentally and forever …none of the major companies are going to go back to the high labor costs that they once had . We need to fight hard for what is realistically attainable , not for desperate hope that will drag out the misery and suffering of our workers …

I am not so sure that the AFA, for example, is trying to attain unrealistic goals; and I am also not sure that the Company, in the past two years, has had the same drive to go to the table. Frankly, I believe the company was/ is enjoying the labor cost advantage they have with their employees. Before you blame the Unions, ask the Company how willing they were to negotiate over the past 3 years. We do need to fight hard, so stop preaching on here telling us to be happy with what we have! :rolleyes:

I have to wonder how many of our employee’s are still living IN the past , how many of them out there still believe that they should aim for what they ONCE had in contract talks …

Keep in mind that the Flight Attendant’s agreement has a clause that “snaps” our contract back to several benefits we had in 2005. Including; increase in pay, position premiums, vacation premiums, training pay increase, uniform cleaning, etc. I think it will be very interesting to see how ready the company will be to sit down and start hammering out agreements to prevent these increases from happening as the months and years progress.

Am I living in the past? When our CEO’s and executives are banking millions and millions of dollars and we’re still being asked for concessions, you betcha!

Keep in mind that the Flight Attendant’s agreement has a clause that “snapsâ€￾ our contract back to several benefits we had in 2005. Including; increase in pay, position premiums, vacation premiums, training pay increase, uniform cleaning, etc. I think it will be very interesting to see how ready the company will be to sit down and start hammering out agreements to prevent these increases from happening as the months and years progress.

Am I living in the past? When our CEO’s and executives are banking millions and millions of dollars and we’re still being asked for concessions, you betcha!

When does it all snap-back??

… I have to wonder how many of our employee’s are still living IN the past , how many of them out there still believe that they should aim for what they ONCE had in contract talks …this is what kills unions , wasting years trying to attain unrealistic goals , this industry has changed fundamentally and forever …none of the major companies are going to go back to the high labor costs that they once had . We need to fight hard for what is realistically attainable , not for desperate hope that will drag out the misery and suffering of our workers …
Why don’t you inform the board of the past unrealistic non-union American West pay of the customer service agents?

Bill Warlick, an analyst with Fitch Ratings, said US Airways Group Inc. could face a crunch next winter if revenue drops in the slow fall travel season and fuel remains at current prices. He said the airline has fewer options for raising cash -- it can't fetch as much by spinning off assets as others -- and without strong international routes is more vulnerable to a weakening U.S. economy.

Article

Jim
There is also this:
US Airways debt on credit watch

"In today’s trading, the airlines are all down, but the worst hit was US Airways (LCC), whose stock is down more than 17% after Standard & Poor’s put the firm’s debt on credit watch with negative implications, according to MarketWatch."

January 1, 2012

Look to all of you awa FA’s I know where your coming from , I was until recently still an AWA fleet service worker , but then we got the new contract , and boy is life looking better … I know EXACTLY where many of you stand .. But getting to where we are now at today was NOT EASY at all …. We had to fight and fight and fight , and even then we still had many who wanted to keep pushing for unreasltic goals ..
Geeeeeeez 2012 …. Geeeeeeeez you’ve got to be kidding me ….. If that’s what your waiting for than DANG your one patient work force ….

I know that the pilots are a lost cause , but why are there no AFA threads on this board , your group in general seems rather subdued …. Shouldn’t you be getting really enraged at having gone all this time without a new contract ?

Look to all of you awa FA’s I know where your coming from , I was until recently still an AWA fleet service worker , but then we got the new contract , and boy is life looking better … I know EXACTLY where many of you stand .. But getting to where we are now at today was NOT EASY at all …. We had to fight and fight and fight , and even then we still had many who wanted to keep pushing for unreasltic goals ..
Geeeeeeez 2012 …. Geeeeeeeez you’ve got to be kidding me ….. If that’s what your waiting for than DANG your one patient work force ….

I know that the pilots are a lost cause , but why are there no AFA threads on this board , your group in general seems rather subdued …. Shouldn’t you be getting really enraged at having gone all this time without a new contract ?

Actually, this is the US Airways EAST agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.