Record expires on 25-Aug-2007.
Record created on 25-Aug-2006.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.MDNSSERVICE.COM 64.97.159.10
NS3.MDNSSERVICE.COM 65.22.7.10
NS1.MDNSSERVICE.COM 216.40.47.18
Domain status: clientRenewProhibited
[/quote]

And this just confirms the fact that Michael Elias is not happy being back on reserve and not getting 105 hours plus his etb time. Michael how do you like having days off when you actually bid them. Harder to pick up the sweet etb trips that you have been doing. Glad you are locked out of the office and hope it stays that way.

I have no idea why folks focus on whether someone is a reserve or lineholder working for the union.

That is not the issue.

The issue is this...are the folks, whether appointed or elected working for the membership. Is there representation that serves the interest of the base f/as as a whole? Do the elected officers provide timely information, and are organized to receive calls during the week and weekend "on call"? Are they occupying the local office that is paid by the membership dues at all times, 5 days a week?

Bottom line is that the issue of flying ETB to max out hours by union reps only becomes an issue if those who are in charge to represent are not spending the necessary time to satisfy the membership. If truly these reps were working for the f/as and providing the representation, information, and guarding the contract to ensure there is no violations by the company, then I don't think there should or would be an issue of ETB.

No matter who you elect, whether lineholder or reserve, they will be off to work for the membership. So, IMO, if the reserve was PPO, then he/she could go on ETB. My issue with ETB is are the reps truly putting in the hours to collect 105 from flight pay loss paid by the membership?

The other issue is "sick" time usage. When ill, are the reps using their company sick bank? Or, are they submtting the time lost through AFA?

I have no idea why folks focus on whether someone is a reserve or lineholder working for the union.
That is not the issue.

The issue is this...are the folks, whether appointed or elected working for the membership. Is there representation that serves the interest of the base f/as as a whole? Do the elected officers provide timely information, and are organized to receive calls during the week and weekend "on call"? Are they occupying the local office that is paid by the membership dues at all times, 5 days a week?

Bottom line is that the issue of flying ETB to max out hours by union reps only becomes an issue if those who are in charge to represent are not spending the necessary time to satisfy the membership. If truly these reps were working for the f/as and providing the representation, information, and guarding the contract to ensure there is no violations by the company, then I don't think there should or would be an issue of ETB.

No matter who you elect, whether lineholder or reserve, they will be off to work for the membership. So, IMO, if the reserve was PPO, then he/she could go on ETB. My issue with ETB is are the reps truly putting in the hours to collect 105 from flight pay loss paid by the membership?

The other issue is "sick" time usage. When ill, are the reps using their company sick bank? Or, are they submtting the time lost through AFA?
I did the math for July...and this particular Reserve Chair WAS NOT!

Is that Michael elias's home address and phone number? should that be posted on an open forum like this? :eek:

That is not the issue.

THANK-YOU as in most cases you are very correct...I have full resepect for HARD working reps...you and T.G. Set the bar and M.E. is off to a good start...he has his heart in the right place...great site keep up the good work M.E. you will be back in the office soon...and if that is is home address it should not be posted!!!

THANK-YOU as in most cases you are very correct...I have full resepect for HARD working reps...you and T.G. Set the bar and M.E. is off to a good start...he has his heart in the right place...great site keep up the good work M.E. you will be back in the office soon...and if that is is home address it should not be posted!!!

Two Bulls. One's right (Pit), One's misguided (Phl). M.E. is a good example of someone who is taking care of his own. I don't believe he has the members interests at heart, just his own. He was put out and wants back in, but probably for all the wrong reasons. IMO he is no better than L.A. You just don't have to recall him.

He's already gone.

T.G. will hopefully have some wisdom in righting this ship if the members are successful in recalling L.A.

Two Bulls. One's right (Pit), One's misguided (Phl). M.E. is a good example of someone who is taking care of his own. I don't believe he has the members interests at heart, just his own. He was put out and wants back in, but probably for all the wrong reasons. IMO he is no better than L.A. You just don't have to recall him.

He's already gone.

T.G. will hopefully have some wisdom in righting this ship if the members are successful in recalling L.A.
you may be right...M.E. always struck me as hard working...internal customers ie:F/A's are a tough nut it takes a lot and you have to bite your toung...to sit RSV and do AFA or COM looks easy from the outside, giving all your time you should get a bone here and there IMO at least we agree that T.G. has what it takes and WILL get the job done...

I would appreciate not being connected to ANY reps in PHL. There are no similarities nor bar setting.

The purpose of recall is to removal from office. The website and posting information regarding who posted what has come to absurdity and turning into a circus. There is no dignity in making a mockery of the process or the Rep. Most of the problem that I have witnessed is in the lack of concern by the members in the base...in their lack of participation in voting, and research to ensure the people are high level/caliber folks they want representing them to management.

The recall should be done within PHL membership. Its their problem. If by majority, and if they care enough about their union representation,then, they will make the effort IF they deem it purposeful. If not, the new elections will be in aprrox two years. Hopefully, in the future, the membership will pay attention and get more involved in the voting process.

I find none of this amusing. Its quite serious in nature and the recall should be performed with a higher level of professionalism by those involved.

I would appreciate not being connected to ANY reps in PHL. There are no similarities nor bar setting.

The purpose of recall is to removal from office. The website and posting information regarding who posted what has come to absurdity and turning into a circus. There is no dignity in making a mockery of the process or the Rep. Most of the problem that I have witnessed is in the lack of concern by the members in the base...in their lack of participation in voting, and research to ensure the people are high level/caliber folks they want representing them to management.

The recall should be done within PHL membership. Its their problem. If by majority, and if they care enough about their union representation,then, they will make the effort IF they deem it purposeful. If not, the new elections will be in aprrox two years. Hopefully, in the future, the membership will pay attention and get more involved in the voting process.

I find none of this amusing. Its quite serious in nature and the recall should be performed with a higher level of professionalism by those involved.

:) I HEAR THAT LAURA WILL BE OUT VERY SOON. THIS COMING FROM SOMEONE FROM AFA. I GUESS THEY ALL KNOW NOW THAT WE JUST WONT GO AWAY OR STOP THE RECALL. B)

And, the owner of recalllaura.com is:

ICANN Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
Created: 25-Aug-2006
Expires: 25-Aug-2007
Registrar Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
Name Server: NS1.MDNSSERVICE.COM

Whois Record

Registrant:
Michael Elias
xxxxxxxxx
NJ 08107
US

Domain name: RECALLLAURA.COM

Administrative Contact:
Elias, Michael
xxxxxxxxxxxx
NJ 08107
US
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Contact:
Admin, Domain
3425 EDISON WAY
MENLO PARK, CA 94025
US
+1.8007972958 Fax: +1.6503647329

Registration Service Provider:
Homestead Technologies, Inc,
800-797-2958
650-364-7329 (fax)
http://www.homestead.com
Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 25-Aug-2006.
Record expires on 25-Aug-2007.
Record created on 25-Aug-2006.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.MDNSSERVICE.COM 64.97.159.10
NS3.MDNSSERVICE.COM 65.22.7.10
NS1.MDNSSERVICE.COM 216.40.47.18
Domain status: clientRenewProhibited
And this just confirms the fact that Michael Elias is not happy being back on reserve and not getting 105 hours plus his etb time. Michael how do you like having days off when you actually bid them. Harder to pick up the sweet etb trips that you have been doing. Glad you are locked out of the office and hope it stays that way.

Well if this is DELETED you should know a little something ... Michael doesn't get 105 of AFA time like you stated. As for Michael getting those sweet trips ... I guess your just a bit bitter that you cant hold those International trips. One last item, At lease this last year he has Worked hard to help the F/A group. I guess that's more then you can say. Go a head to pour your diet cokes at 30,000 feet and state false statements.
Why don't you try to stand up and do something else then complain.

Well if this is DELETED you should know a little something ... Michael doesn't get 105 of AFA time like you stated. As for Michael getting those sweet trips ... I guess your just a bit bitter that you cant hold those International trips. One last item, At lease this last year he has Worked hard to help the F/A group. I guess that's more then you can say. Go a head to pour your diet cokes at 30,000 feet and state false statements.
Why don't you try to stand up and do something else then complain.

M.E. was getting paid very well with our union dues money. I would believe that there are other union representatives that do not get paid 105 and do what he was doing on a volunteer basis. So no I do not feel that he is anything special. He was abusing the fact that he was AFA'ing himself when he was on call and also moving the days that he was to be on call around so that he could fly ETB trips. The rest of us do not have the flexibilty to move our schedules around like that. And do not even state that the company would do that for the rest of the reserves because they will not. Have attempted to do so. And Pitbull the issue is not the fact of whether or not a reserve is in office the issue is just what I just mentioned. And PHLBull it is obvious that you are also Sharktooth. If you want an alias change the way that you write.

Regardless of who you support, wouldn't it be better for Council 70 just to schedule a meeting to consider the recall issue. Even if a majority of those present vote for recall, all that does is send the issue out to the whole membership of Council 70 to vote. Let the chips fall where they may.

That is what they are trying to have happen, yet AFA keeps trying to foil their efforts.

The Constitution and Bylaws state that two officers requesting a meeting is all that is required - two officers signed a statement to that effect, yet, the thugs and thieves at AFA redefined those documents and said that 1/3 of the flight attendents at the council must now sign a petition to request a meeting. Read the docs.

Flores is not your friend.......

No one wanted to have to go the lengths that CALLING for a meeting has taken. However when we were told you'll never get the signatures do you know how hard it is? and that we were basicly totally incorrect it could not be ignored. If at the end of the day flight attendants believe that Laura is their candidate good the people have spoken. The flight attendants who feel that this recall is all for my personal power I have it!!!! A position does not give you power how you use it and the affect you have on lives is the only gift that is part of the Union position. I ran for VP and was very happy I was if you consider it the best way to work with the membership . Anyone who runs for office is comitted to help the entire membership and if they can't they seek solutions that are taken to the MEC they don't bury the process by not reporting out. I am close to 600 sinnatures and was told you the flight attendants would peter out because you don't care. I defy the person who said that and will come up with 1000 supporters.My best to all of you stay focused ,be patient and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back