Us Airways Pilots Put Final Nail In The Coffin!

700UW said:
Go ask Fine Air or Valjuet about having low paid workers loading a flight.
You bet. After all, every ramper at US opens every box before loading it, just in case the manifest isn't accurate.

700UW said:
WN's employees are one of the highest in pay and benefits, so try again.

2005 rampers will make $24.35 an hour and mechanics $42, while US makes rampers make $19 and US mechs like $26 or $28.
700 what about this picture do you not yet get?The reason benefits and wages are higher is because the rest of the contract compared to ours is breath taking. First and formost, they arent paying out the yang for cleaners to clean the aircrat , and their contracts are more productivity enhanced. Im sure in the end we will know all about sw productibvity enhancements cuz we will be doing the same.. I ll have to say i have never seen a worse case of denial than with about 10 people on here. You will notice out of the thousands of employees we have, they have better things to do rather than constantly be negative and shout we all ready gave Dave.... In the end, these are the core of employees who want this airline to survive and feel their alternatives are small. If they were so great our turnover rate at this point would be huge. The FACTS are, theres very few options here. But once again reality is hard to grasp for some.

PineyBob said:
I mean c'mon Cav you're the one who preaches how things NEED to be fair and how this is good vs evil. So how come when the curtain is pulled back ever so slightly that I am now a CEO in drag?
Bob, the guy who uses the Lord's name in vane, you are going to explain what's right and what's wrong, and how to correct it...you're right I made a joke, because that is a joke :lol: :p :D

WOJetDreamer says... "BY THE END OF THE SUMMER US AIRWAYS WILL HAVE ITS DOORS SHUT THANKS TO THE UNIONS!!! "

I say... Gross mismanagement by overpaid CEO's and their cronies from the Crystal Palace doomed this airline long ago. It was not and is not the UNIONS. The list of failures astounds me. From "Mirror Image", to wiping off the smiles on the PSA birds, from "Business Select" to self-directed teams, from selling "Airmotive" to the merging attempt with "UAL", from exorbitant golden parachutes to 35 million dollar "payoffs" are only some of the colossal boners this company has pulled. If this company ever pulls through it will be because of the skill and dedication of the UNION PEOPLE despite the "designed to fail" mentality in which the company has been operated.

cavalier said:
Bob, the guy who uses the Lord's name in vane, you are going to explain what's right and what's wrong, and how to correct it...you're right I made a joke, because that is a joke :lol: :p :D
In other words, you can't justify it either. <_< Well, at least we all now know the truth about you.

PineyBob said:
Just a point of order. Isn't the correct verbiage to use the "Lord's name in vain"?

And I would remind you that the "Lord" in question may be your "Lord" but he might not be my "Lord". No one on here has cornered the market on holliness, not even you. See one of the reasons the Declaration of Independence used the word "Creator" and not the host of others that the founding fathers believed in was to protect the citizens from religious tryants like you.
Spin it Bob, it's your conscience talking to you, and thank the Lord it is not seared and can still be heard if you listen.

LOL!! Y'all sound like a bunch of old ladies! "vane" "vain" whatever :p
Skill is not the only factor in how much a person should make. Also, there is no "rank" or "pecking order", EVERYONE is equally important to running a successful airline.

cavalier said:
You're a real honest to goodness idiot..DUDE

LESS LATER
HEY!!! Bright response!!!! Your mentality made clear!! MY point made, exactly by your NON- response NUFF SAID!!!!!! LOL :p

the problem here is that there is no accountability for anything. starting from the ceo to the least paid person in the airline. everyone gets away with everything. everyone one points at each other and no one takes responsibility for there own mistakes. when everyone starts working together and stops bickering so gd much about who's fault it is then we could see some success. yes it was a mistake to buy psa .yes it was a mistake to buy peidmont yes it was a mistake to introduce business select to introduce metrojet to do all the those things. but that was in the freaking past. LET IT GO!!! :shock: .
the employess here are like a child who has been spoiled for many years. but now the parents are coming back and saying no, no more. the child does not like that. he/she likes it the way it was always getting everything he/she wanted. it was easier that way. but now, no way. the child has to change his/her ways because the parents have had enough of this childs enefficient and unproductive behavior. the parents also have to be nicer in the way they approach the child to try to change. so it works both ways. face it guys ,we have been riding the gravy train for many years now. its time to get off on the stop called reality. we are the best out there guys . lets not mess this up because of stupidity.

PineyBob
Posted: Apr 15 2004, 06:48 AM

Mechanics
- With their skill set and training does it seem right to you that they make $5 to $7 dollars per hour than someone whose skill set requires them to place bags in a cargo hold?

Actually Bob, the CEO, CFO, GECAS and various cheerleaders on this board, claim that this wage for mechanics is still about 20% to 40% too high.

usfliboi
Posted on Apr 15 2004, 07:16 AM

and their contracts are more productivity enhanced. Im sure in the end we will know all about sw productibvity enhancements cuz we will be doing the same..

Ok usfliboi, usually I refuse to answer your posts, or even to take them seriously, but this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Just what is in their contract, that is not in the US Airways contract (or is in the US Airways contract) that allows Southwest employees to be "more productive"?

I have heard the US Airways CEO allude to such language, but I have yet to hear of anyone citing any portion of either contract to illustrate such a claim. Personally, I don't believe there is any language in the Mechanics, Utility, Ramp, or Gate contracts that limits these employees productivity.

But please, if you can cite any, I would appreciate it.

usfliboi said:
700 what about this picture do you not yet get?The reason benefits and wages are higher is because the rest of the contract compared to ours is breath taking. First and formost, they arent paying out the yang for cleaners to clean the aircrat , and their contracts are more productivity enhanced. Im sure in the end we will know all about sw productibvity enhancements cuz we will be doing the same.. I ll have to say i have never seen a worse case of denial than with about 10 people on here. You will notice out of the thousands of employees we have, they have better things to do rather than constantly be negative and shout we all ready gave Dave.... In the end, these are the core of employees who want this airline to survive and feel their alternatives are small. If they were so great our turnover rate at this point would be huge. The FACTS are, theres very few options here. But once again reality is hard to grasp for some.
Let me type this slowly so you can understand it:

There are less then 1,000 utility left in the system, that includes base maintenance and shops.

US flies into 89 mainline stations, there is only utility on all three shifts at EIGHT stations, that would be CLT, DCA, BOS, LGA, PIT, PHL, LAX and SFO, the remaining 10 are THIRD shift only.

Utility is the lowest paid of any organized group. And Southwest's F/As are willing to strike over cleaning of their airplanes and WN does have utility, as does UA and NW.

So tell me how it is cost effective to call back fleet service workers who make over $2 more an hour then a utility person to clean a plane?

http://www.southwest.com/careers/mxairclean.html

Southwest Airlines Maintenance Department
Aircraft Appearance Technicians
For immediate consideration please mail your résumé to:
Southwest Airlines Co.
People Department
P.O. Box 36644
HDQ 4HR
Dallas, TX 75235-1644

Please include Aircraft Appearance Technicians in the objective statement of your résumé. A cover letter is not necessary.

Job Position: Aircraft Appearance Technicians

Job Functions:

The position requires cleaning of interior and exterior of an aircraft, company vehicles and facilities, as required to maintain a clean and healthy aircraft to keep our passengers returning for travel on Southwest Airlines.
Cleaning interior of aircraft, including galleys and lavatories.
Wash or wax aircraft exterior, including landing gears, etc.
Replacement of aircraft carpet and seat covers (backs and bottoms).
Servicing of aircraft lavatories.
Driving tugs, fork lifts, and passenger vehicles.
Exposed to fumes from chemicals, noise from aircraft engines and APUs, and danger around aircraft standing and lifting containers up to 50 pounds.
Qualifications and Requirements:

High School diploma or equivalency required.
Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, learn, and understand operations procedures, rules and regulations.
Must be able to perform well in a fast paced environment, subject to adverse weather and aircraft noise.
Must possess a valid United States Driver’s License.
Must be able to operate a forklift and a tug.
Must be able to easily climb up and down ladders and stand and reach for long periods of time while waxing aircraft.
Must be able to work well in confined areas, reaching, climbing, kneeling, squatting, and sitting in order to replace aircraft carpet and seat covers and perform cleaning and other duties.
Must be able to lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Must be able to work rotating shifts, holidays, and overtime.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in labor agreements and/or established guidelines.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Union position. Union dues required.
Pay:

1st year - $10.39/hr + any shift differential that applies
All pay rates are contingent upon current contracts.

WOJD -

I have no idea where you get the idea that USAirways pilots get $200,000/year. Prior to our multiple rounds of concessions, we "oldtimer" captains were making salaries in that range simply because it was industry standard---parity +1% which was an idea cooked up by Gangwal and Wolf, not ALPA.

No one EVER got that for working 10 days a month. Not then and CERTAINLY not now. And now only the few dozen most senior A330 captains get salaries that barely squeak past the $200K mark.

And, ironically enough, your contention that it's these "oldtimers" who are the hardliners is pretty much totally wrong. It's these "oldtimers" who are wailing and moaning about the RC5 jeopardizing their last few years of income and DC pension funds.

You just have no idea what you are talking about. Probably because you are singularly focused on your WOJetDream, and would rather see the mainline sacrifice everything to get jet time in your logbook.

Forget it.

I rest my case!!!

I have plenty of time hand flying a REAL JET with no AP or FD 10+ hours /day 1400/hr/year. I DO NOT HAVE JET ENVY DAD.

I may not have all of my figures 100% right. But, what I do know this. I work and sacrafice alot to do my job and do it as best I can and I am one of the lowest paid employees that U has. I guess I should quit right now before I go off again.

700 could you please type a little slower please i still dont see any facts here. Whats us cleaners avg salary today? This isnt all about cleaners.... Across the board their contracts are more flex and breed productivity like no other. Your gonna have a hard time looking at south west jet blue or airtran, and comparing the whole picture ! Doesnt work dude. The end result is their contracts are designed to make money for their respective companies, ours are not.... Plain and simple. Why cant you see that through your "facts" you quote.?

Latest posts