US Announces Resignation of EVP, Operations Al Crellin

I hope so. I wonder if this came as a shock to Doug Parker or if he knew about it for awhile? Either way, I don't suppose it makes a difference. "The Top" has been doin some strange things recent weeks.. people dyin, quitin, and replacin. :(

I'll wager my next paycheck that Al was afford the opportunity to resign vs being fired and that DP was behind Al's resignation. I posted on this board over a year ago that Al would be gone if he didn't cut the mustard the way DP wanted it.

Its about DAMN TIME!!

This joker was behind NOT allowing the agents more then 20 swap's PER QUARTER!!!

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!

HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
:

...this seems more planned than anything. Look at AA. There is one TWA guy there (COO for Eagle) if he's still there. Everyone else high up is gone and was gone pretty quickly. HP didn't buy US because they needed more execs. Parker had a good team in place before the merger. They probably kept him on to help with the integration and the who's who in what city work. Now that much of the hard core paperwork is done, he's not needed. It will be interesting to see where he ends up...airline folk never die, they just re-appear.

"...HP didn't buy US because they needed more execs..."

HP didn't "buy" US... Investors bought US both.

Now that Al is toast, lets move forward.

Adios Al. :mf_boff:

If Al C. was on the Survivor reality show he would win.

circa 1978

Umm...looks like he got voted off the island though doesn't it. I'm sure he'll pop up somewhere else...just not at US Airways.

Parker had a good team in place before the merger.
Yep very true.

They probably kept him on to help with the integration and the who's who in what city work. Now that much of the hard core paperwork is done, he's not needed.

Common practice to bring someone along to gain required knowledge and once their not needed to let them go especially if they don't fit the your organizational culture. No doubt in my mind this is what happened in this situation. East Maintenance was a much larger beast than the West and it was essential to bring some corporate knowledge of East operations to the West. I sure hope this is a sign of more good personnel changes to come.

US AIRWAYS ANNOUNCES RESIGNATION OF ExecuTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS AL CRELLIN
October 16, 2006

“Al has dedicated 35 years to our airline and we are extremely grateful for his leadership and professionalism.

And yet a 20 year ramp agent is what? Not dedicated? (Doug?) So horrendously WRONG!
Employees that are entitled to primo stock options are the only ones that are dedicated?
This A-hole couldnt even respond to a simple request for help. Not a F- you, not a so and so can help you.
In essence a self absorbed waste of space.
Not a leader, not professional. Imo.
He can shove his corvettes up his a##.
I'm sure there's room.

Umm...looks like he got voted off the island though doesn't it.

Eric I know that you like to think that your crack HP exec staff showed him the door, but I can bet you that Al C. took his golden partachute and left for greener pastures. Eric,if you were financially set and could probably get a job somewhere else through the "good ole boy" executive employment service what would you do? Is working at US that wonderful considering some of the issues coming up with merging contracts, PHL, etc?