US Announces Resignation of EVP, Operations Al Crellin

If you look at the 10K report, it speaks to his exit provisions.

Al Crellin, who announced his resignation today, will leave US Airways with a nice parting gift next month: a sizable severance package.

Assuming the airline's chief operating officer is leaving for "good reason'' (versus being fired for cause, which rarely happens in corporate America), Crellin is entitled to receive, according to his contract: two times his base salary of $400,000, plus two times his target annual incentive award. His target award for this year was 60 percent of his salary. Add it all up and Crellin is due a payout of nearly $1.3 million.

He also will receive accrued vacation pay and health and life insurance benefits for 18 months.

For what it's worth, $1.3M is about half of what he would have been entitled to if he had left before or at the closing of the merger--so you could say US saved a million or two.

I say what's done is done, let it go, and let's look forward not back..

It will be interesting to see how much change, if any, will occur now.

Sandcastle could score more points by revoking the "no merit increase" for the west tech-ops folks. Come on Tempe let's go for two in a row!

There are two ways to plan for a facility to accomodate Al's going-away party:

1. If Al's attending, rent a phone booth.

2. If not, rent a hangar.

I can guarantee you that Crellin left when it would make the most money for Crellin.

You bet he did. You know so many of you have been bashing AC all these years.

You don't survive, advance, and prosper in any job for 32 years unless you are doing something right.

So he leaves with a polished resume', a lifetime supply of money and perks. I'd say he did way better then most of you. Good for you Al.

al has no polished resume. he down right destroyed the employees moral and couldnt do a darn thing to fix phl he doesnt deserve one darn penny of that severance nor the benes that he has with it. and id say lets party at his office!!!!

my experience in Corporate America is that the Meltdown was NOT totally his fault.
Move on, he's gone now, let the healing begin.
You are right about that AC had and has his supporters and YES people. They are alive and well still by evidence on this board."Move on, he's gone now, let the healing begin."
I wish we could

You don't survive, advance, and prosper in any job for 32 years unless you are doing something right.

So he leaves with a polished resume', a lifetime supply of money and perks. I'd say he did way better then most of you. Good for you Al.
You're kidding right?

Score? 1 For AC
ZERO -IN FAVOR OF HIM FROM THE TROOPS!

NEXT?

Obviously..you don't personally know Al. I think he sold his soul to promote....Al. You see it's all about Al. Always has been and always will be. It didn't matter how many lives he destroyed along the way. I hope he enjoys his date with the Devil.

Money and perks does not make a man rich...

Character, honesty, integrity does...

Obviously..you don't personally know Al. I think he sold his soul to promote....Al. You see it's all about Al. Always has been and always will be. It didn't matter how many lives he destroyed along the way. I hope he enjoys his date with the Devil.

Money and perks does not make a man rich...

Character, honesty, integrity does...
Yeah, so he'll be a poor guy with alot of money!

He also will receive accrued vacation pay and health and life insurance benefits for 18 months.

You forgot to add for Life - Space Possitive First Class Travel.

Yeah...something right for who? Obviously it was something right for himself.

You forgot to add for Life - Space Possitive First Class Travel.

What???? I thought ALL retirees travel on a lower boarding priority. :shock: Does this mean that his family not traveling with him gets the same positive space spass too?

Yeah...something right for who? Obviously it was something right for himself.
What???? I thought ALL retirees travel on a lower boarding priority. :shock: Does this mean that his family not traveling with him gets the same positive space spass too?

Why are you guys so naive?

Latest posts

Back