US Announces Resignation of EVP, Operations Al Crellin

Its about DAMN TIME!!

This joker was behind NOT allowing the agents more then 20 swap's PER QUARTER!!!

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!

HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
:
not to change the subject here but surveys are/were supposed to come out for all CWA/East employees' on trades/swaps...even if you never see a survey-EMAIL YOUR LOCAL AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU PREFER!!!!
They are having a big meeting the first part of November and it is very important WE let them know what WE want not this Crellin...or some president of the union....we all need to start participating and not letting management dictate what our contracts say....
Once again, sorry to get off subject but the word "trades" really got my attention...did not know Crellin was the main guy opposing this.

US AIRWAYS ANNOUNCES RESIGNATION OF ExecuTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS AL CRELLIN
October 16, 2006

US Airways today announced Executive Vice President, Operations Al Crellin has elected to leave the company, effective Nov. 15.

All I can say is, what took so long for this to occur? He should have been sent packing last January after the PHL meltdown. PHL was his responsibility, yet somehow, he managed to shift the blame to those below him and hold onto his job. This is the best news US has had in a long time, and now things in PHL have at least a small chance of getting fixed.

Bye Al. We won't miss you.

Eric I know that you like to think that your crack HP exec staff showed him the door, but I can bet you that Al C. took his golden partachute and left for greener pastures. Eric,if you were financially set and could probably get a job somewhere else through the "good ole boy" executive employment service what would you do? Is working at US that wonderful considering some of the issues coming up with merging contracts, PHL, etc?

You may be right, only those at the very top know the truth. Bottom line is an obstacle to better employee relations (if you believe what has been posted on this board) will no longer be with US Airways.

Bottom line is an obstacle to better employee relations (if you believe what has been posted on this board) will no longer be with US Airways.
Now if Jerry G would disappear into thin air....there might be a chance at better employee relations.

Well isn't this interesting?

The thing I keep asking is who got fed up with whom? We all are assumming Al got the boot. How do you know that he didn't just say "F__K YOU, I Quit" over something internal?

Now that Al is gone allow me to fill in some blanks regarding why I've blown Hot & Cold over the man.

I've mentioned here before that several FFOCUS members were invited to visit "Behind the curtain" in PHL. That had to approved by Mr Crellin and NO ONE thought he would.

OTOH he presided over the Christmas Meltdown. While there is evidence that suggests we was essentlaly set up to be the fall guy to hide the short staffing penny pinching of others. There was no "smoking gun", so he still had the outcome largely in his control.
The Bald B*stard should have been FIRED because of The Meltdown......IT WAS HIS FAULT. Prime example of an Idiot Running the Asylum. Thank you Jesus, and Doug and Scott and all the believers at the Sandcastle. You've done GOOD!

Any word on the severance package?

If you look at the 10K report, it speaks to his exit provisions.

THEY ARE HUGE.

Now maybe the employees can move forward with a new direction and leadership in that area.

Just a few more of these yo-yos who need to exit...Hemenway, Glass.

Another issue to ponder is that this maybe the first step in a possible consolidation again...

With oil prices down, U now is in a position to make an end of the year profit of approx 800-900 million (speculation). With the election year, big business is on the band wagon to protect the republican party which holds their interest. The big oil companies are trying to paint a temporary "rosey" picture to keep the bastards in.

Nothing ever good came from this individual. How many peoples lives did he have a negative effect on.

Good riddens. It came way to late.

YES!!!

You can't use paper staffing and equipment formulas to make a major hub work. You need to be on the ground there and talk to the worker bees to find out how to fill the holes. Al was NEVER interested in that. He seemed to loath employees anyway...much less value their opinions. We will not fix the operation without the cooperation of the people on the ground. Hopefully Doug figured that out.

A320 Driver B)