US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT'S THIS I HEAR ABOUT ADVANCED VTO BEING DONE AWAY WITH BY OUR UNION ?

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS?
Freedom, I'm not sure what you mean by this so maybe you can clarify.
The IAM is a democratic union, some would say to a fault so any blame isn't with your union. VTO is governed by what your members decided, just like all the other things that were voted on in your contract. What I don't know is what your TWU contract contained but it is nonetheless irrelevant since there was a democratic vote that should be held as 'sacred'. Moving forward, as you discover some things you don't presently like, voice them to your elected leaders when contract proposals come back around or get involved yourself.

I have personally met Roth and Lenzi and I'm sure they would tell you the same thing.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

well first of all i don't have deadlocks and secondly this comany knows how many people it needs and doesnt' need ...

While you may think VTO is a huge waste , in talking to some of my fellow workers they have expressed dismay at the fact that where they could call or sign up a night or day before a shift in order to get rid of it , that can no longer be done ....

So say you have to work tomorrow but there's an emergency and now you can't make it to work , before you could call and get signed up for VTO for the next day ... now you can't .... now you have to take a sick day giving you a point ...

and as to your point clt rat about things getting cut ...eh when the ax falls the ax falls , you already know my econmic views ... nothing scares me now ...

you never cease to amaze me...

VTO goes into a manpower formula just like everything else... don’t think for a minute that the company doesn’t pay strict attention to this math!

That’s what corporations do... they look at every single minute of manpower in terms of trimming costs right out of yer butt!

This is all done with productivity algorithms... and the proceeds all go straight to Wall Street... whom will squander it on the lavish lifestyles of the rich and famous!

P.S. Are you gonna ever wake-up... or... are you a pre-fabricated sentinel of institutional inquiry?...

That is what doesnt make sense to me. When a person VTO's they dont get paid for that shift, which saves the company money. Why would the company take something away like that?

And thats another story when I talk to management they say "well that is what the union wanted" and then when I talk to union leadership here in phx they say "well that is what the company wanted." So which is it? I'm tired of the shadiness around here!

Essentially all that's happening here is that everyone now has to work his or her minimum hours, or at least show up to work being able to work them since now pre-VTO is gone and shift drops are limited.

The logic I see at work here is to try to weed out some of those people that spend more time above the wing flying than below the wing working. Reason being that if headcount needs reducing it's better to be rid of those people that don't depend on this job for income so they can avoid cutting those people that do...

...and I say it's about time.

Ya day of VTO is still here but that is useless waste of time. Why would I get up at 6 am and drive all the way to the airport to VTO and then come home? If I were to do that I would just stay there and work.

I dont understand people that get upset about employees dropping shifts. I can't make ends meet on $13 an hour so I have to work another job. Also when I drop a shift that allows the other guy that wants to work it extra income so its a win-win for everyone. The company needs to enforce the minimum hours but not limit drops.

you know i can see all the different aspects of this situiation ... i can conceed the doing away with the far out VTO where it's a week ahead of time ... but i think we should keep the day prior VTO ...

Tim this isn't so much a national issue as it is a local PHX issue and i don't recall anything in our contract that prohibits this ..

P.S. Are you gonna ever wake-up... or... are you a pre-fabricated sentinel of institutional inquiry?...

Am i ever going to wake up ? :lol:

no roa , i will just go on existing in my DREAM world where i worry about the future of our pension plan , our company and the entire us economy .... :closedeyes:

if only i COULD wake up and come join you in the real world where the sun is shinning and the next wage increase is only a strike away ...

Essentially all that's happening here is that everyone now has to work his or her minimum hours, or at least show up to work being able to work them since now pre-VTO is gone and shift drops are limited.

The logic I see at work here is to try to weed out some of those people that spend more time above the wing flying than below the wing working. Reason being that if headcount needs reducing it's better to be rid of those people that don't depend on this job for income so they can avoid cutting those people that do...

...and I say it's about time.

Bravo

I've been saying it for a couple years now. No ( as HP used to call it ) Pre-Auto. Manpower is based on Needs of the service. If I don't need 4-8hrs on anygiven day then why do I need you at all..Numbers Numbers Numbers......You not being there 2-3 days a week means others have to pick-up the slack. In the field stations this is a measureable amount.........Job Protection. Protect your job here not your other job.

Mike33 then why in the contract do we have minimum hours to work a month? If I want to work 3 doubles at the beginning of the month and 2 at the end to get my scheduled minimum hours and then Pre-Auto the rest of my days why is that not good?

Mike33 then why in the contract do we have minimum hours to work a month? If I want to work 3 doubles at the beginning of the month and 2 at the end to get my scheduled minimum hours and then Pre-Auto the rest of my days why is that not good?

There is no Pre-auto. You should have to come in and if MGMT deems that man hrs are not needed due to operational needs that day than it's by seniority. You still have to report to work to allow the senior person the opportunity first. Holiday skeds and such are the only exception I believe.
You have minimum hrs to work because if we didn't then some would never work and still get all the PERKS. Also thats what we voted on as a group. You want it changed then send suggetions the next time we're up for NEG.
Bottom line is.......we should be in this for the long haul.......if some aren't, then weigh the options and make decisions accordingly, but lets not forget that the outcome of our votes is what we have to live by till next time and then we can seek change.

Pre-Auto (VTO) only worked for one day in advance and it went strictly by seniority anyway so I still don't see the reasoning.

All I'm saying here is let us be men about our schedules, if someone wants to work whatever days a month to get the minimum hours then let them.

Pre-Auto (VTO) only worked for one day in advance and it went strictly by seniority anyway so I still don't see the reasoning.

All I'm saying here is let us be men about our schedules, if someone wants to work whatever days a month to get the minimum hours then let them.

OK let me be blunt........WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE P/T! Period! These types of things lead to more P/T....It's called Precidence. Give away Hrs and give away Jobs. That's how it starts.....

Ah the truth comes out... Well tell that to the full timers that are constantly asking P/T's to give them shifts to make extra $$$, but now can't because of limits on drops. Like I say there is no reasoning and it benefits both sides.

Ah the truth comes out... Well tell that to the full timers that are constantly asking P/T's to give them shifts to make extra $$$, but now can't because of limits on drops. Like I say there is no reasoning and it benefits both sides.

What Truth? Truth and Fact are 2 different issues.......Truth -is we don't need any more by our own volition...Fact -is there are too many and this should be grieved and I think it's in the works.

TRUTH -You want what you want for you...and thats ok..FACT - there are many more that don't want...and thats ok also...........so ......back to the language of the Contract

Like I say there is no reasoning and it benefits both sides.

It only benefits because of ones personal situation....as a group it has no benefit except to the company.......as using your situation as leverage>>>>>>

We can only get over the HUMP by removing the Hump itself...

Wn again has set the bar for Fleet. I believe we can obtain close to those goals. If you don't believe that then keep giving............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts