US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's at least 19 cities on the West that will be gone by if not before Dec 2011 due to the contract. I didnt think it would take long for them to outsource or at least start to outsource them. I cant feel for them as they voted for the contract to outsource themselves just for a few bucks more. As for swaps, in my city, they will not allowed back to back swaps to anyone if you wanted to swap to work and only one person accepted it, the mgmt will not allow it due to working 16 hrs in a day. We havent heard anything yet pertaining to VTO but we have a few who use it.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but weren't the smaller West stations spared from outsourcing until the end of
2011? I realize that some stations may be closed or expressed altogether, but no outsourcing of the ramp as long as Mainline flying continues to operate into that station.
As far as TUS, it was my understanding that the loss of the CO contract was the determing factor in the clsoing of that station. On another note, the company could care less how many diversions your station may handle at any given time as long as they can save a few bucks. That is just another one of those situations that they will deal with when the time comes. There were a few smaller outstations in the East that got hammered with diversions from either CLT or PHL, and they are ALL GONE. Pretty much get "em on the ground safely, and worry about who can and can't work "em afterwards.

Still plenty of gates in LAS if PHX diverts, not to mention, locations in CA.

I was told a long time ago that the company does not schedule for irregular operations, but given the consistant delays in flights at times I question if it is more of a question of "regular irregular ops" and extra staff should be available.

So Ponders Jester.

Can someone humor me? Has CLT ramp been having new hire classes lately? Heard that from someone at CHQ.

I was told a long time ago that the company does not schedule for irregular operations, but given the consistant delays in flights at times I question if it is more of a question of "regular irregular ops" and extra staff should be available.

This airline is an irregular operation.

Rested, Relaxed and Tanned... I am SO back!

Finally, to my Dear Mr. Roabilly, as you asked me some time ago to provide education/career guidance as those with a four year college degree enjoy a far lesser chance of unemployment than those lacking a bachelors degree. According to the morning fish wrap, the unemployment rate for those with a bachelors degree or higher has reached the highest level since 1992 at 4.1% which relatively speaking is still a fairly modest level, and would not be considered a recession type figure if it was universal. My point being and to answer your question, find a subject you enjoy and work it into a bachelors degree keeping in mind that the fields related to medicine and education are still expanding. I once considered a Bachelors of Sophistry/Rhetoric, but I would have earned a BS'R degree. :rolleyes:

So Revels Jester.

I hear yahh...

Yahh mustah dug deep for that profound response!

Perhaps... tha proper terminology would be... Allegorical/Propagandism, which would be well suited for anyone whom may hold ahh “BSâ€￾ Degree!

So... adamantly proclaims....

Roabilly

District 141 Reaches Tentative Pact with Hawaiian Airlines

IAM District 141 announced a tentative agreement with Hawaiian Airlines covering the carrier's 1,500 customer service, reservation, ramp and clerical employees.

The proposed two-year contract provides wage increases ranging from three to ten percent, freezes current employee healthcare contributions, provides an incentive compensation program and enables performance and profit bonuses. Additional contract adjustments recognize the challenges facing the industry.

"This tentative agreement puts more money into our members' pockets during extremely difficult economic times," said IAM District 141 President Rich Delaney. "Our negotiating committee unanimously recommends ratification of the agreement."

The tentative accord, the first since the airline emerged from bankruptcy in 2005, is subject to a membership ratification vote. Ratification results will be available after March 25, 2009. Complete terms of the tentative agreement are available on the District 141 website, www.iam141.org.

Separate negotiations between Hawaiian Airlines and IAM District 142, which represents the airline's 560 mechanic & related employees, are continuing.

District 141 Reaches Tentative Pact with Hawaiian Airlines

IAM District 141 announced a tentative agreement with Hawaiian Airlines covering the carrier's 1,500 customer service, reservation, ramp and clerical employees.

The proposed two-year contract provides wage increases ranging from three to ten percent, freezes current employee healthcare contributions, provides an incentive compensation program and enables performance and profit bonuses. Additional contract adjustments recognize the challenges facing the industry.

"This tentative agreement puts more money into our members' pockets during extremely difficult economic times," said IAM District 141 President Rich Delaney. "Our negotiating committee unanimously recommends ratification of the agreement."

The tentative accord, the first since the airline emerged from bankruptcy in 2005, is subject to a membership ratification vote. Ratification results will be available after March 25, 2009. Complete terms of the tentative agreement are available on the District 141 website, www.iam141.org.

Separate negotiations between Hawaiian Airlines and IAM District 142, which represents the airline's 560 mechanic & related employees, are continuing.

Trip...

This must be the first agreement tentatively agreed to by the Delaney administration. let's hope that the future... is far from the stuff Cornholie pushed! I caint wait to hear ‘bout the ratification vote!

Web guy is working on an update I believe
Roadtrip, thanks for the update, nice to know the New Direction is making a difference for the members. Hopefully it continues unlike the Old or No direction members that took advantage of their titles as well as the members! They continue to try to attach their deserved name the no direction to the NEW.!!!THX GF :rolleyes:

Road,
thanks for the continual updates.. Your the districts "jimmy olsen" .. Great job.

sidenote:
comment on some of the dead wood still entrenched in our district.
It's my understanding that AGC Mark W. has yet to even make a station visit to his Biggest station
in PHX . WTF. He can't blame the bad weather.. Is the man that arrogant to think He can just
run things like cornhole did. If I were a member in PHX I would be up in arms over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts