US IAM Fleet Service topic 2/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
the old and a cupple new need to step it up some
thats all

I’m ain’t sure exactly what yer referring to... but... If there are any “weak linksâ€￾ in the current assembly of committeemen and officers, I’m certain that this can be rectified!

The same Network of Solidarity that made the last democratic overhaul possible... is still fully capable of exercising the collective will of the Membership. All we need are particulars... send me a private message with your concerns... or better yet...send them to Nelson.

The next round of elections can’t be too far away... and we will need feedback from all stations system wide. The New Direction is still a work in progress... with perhaps a few additional changes, we can achieve the true voice of the Membership.

What's the score on that attendance thing?

Did you hear that, Chill? That was the collective sound of one hand clapping... It seems the Nihilist Directions team has no answers or comments, and you can probably assume nothing but the movement of "leadership" hot air, as if it was one hand clapping.

So Philosophizes Jester.

Did you hear that, Chill? That was the collective sound of one hand clapping... It seems the Nihilist Directions team has no answers or comments, and you can probably assume nothing but the movement of "leadership" hot air, as if it was one hand clapping.

So Philosophizes Jester.

Jester
I did hear was this very issue being discussed by our AGC at last Thursdays local meeting.

Chill I suggest you contact your AGC or local GC. They should be able to answer your questions.

last Thursdays local meeting.

see Joe here above are the key words,,

I'd be willing to make you a small friendly wager that our good friend Jester not only does not know where the local meetings are held,he has yet to grace one with his presence. Now scam contract votes held on airport property do not count as attending,nor will I accept your word as a means of grading Joe and I friendly wager should he choose to accept

thus Cltrat tosses down the cheese

In the contract that we had prior to merging with HP, there had to be a 2 hour gap between parttime shifts. Is this the case with the contract we are under now? I can't find it anywhere in it. If you are in the know about it please clue me in. Or tell me how it is in your particular station regarding back to back or overlapping parttime shifts.

Rogue

see Joe here above are the key words,,

I'd be willing to make you a small friendly wager that our good friend Jester not only does not know where the local meetings are held,he has yet to grace one with his presence. Now scam contract votes held on airport property do not count as attending,nor will I accept your word as a means of grading Joe and I friendly wager should he choose to accept

Zeldatyp.jpg

Or tell me how it is in your particular station regarding back to back or overlapping parttime shifts.

All I can say is that here in PHX hours are hours, regardless of if the shifts are part- or full-time you're allowed a 30-minute overlap. So if you normally work mornings and are out at 14:15 you'd be allowed to pick up an additional p.m. shift that starts at 13:45, or you can pick up a shift that starts later at like 16:30 or 21:00. We've had some people work triple-shifts: a.m.,swing, and graves, or several consecutive doubles. Workbrain is supposedly limiting the number of doubles you con consecutively work but that feature doesn't seem to be working at the moment as people are still working several double-shifts in a row.

All I can say is that here in PHX hours are hours, regardless of if the shifts are part- or full-time you're allowed a 30-minute overlap. So if you normally work mornings and are out at 14:15 you'd be allowed to pick up an additional p.m. shift that starts at 13:45, or you can pick up a shift that starts later at like 16:30 or 21:00. We've had some people work triple-shifts: a.m.,swing, and graves, or several consecutive doubles. Workbrain is supposedly limiting the number of doubles you con consecutively work but that feature doesn't seem to be working at the moment as people are still working several double-shifts in a row.

CJ,
I think you misunderstood. What I meant was when a parttime shift ends, how soon after that can another parttime shift begin? Say a p/t shift starts at 0600 and ends at 1000. At what time can the next p/t shift begin, 1100? 1200? 1300? There has to be a minimum time gap between p/t shifts. I would like to know how long that gap is. It doesn't say in this contract.

Rogue

Rogue,
It wasn't in the T/A so there fore you revert back to the original contract
As far as I know it's still the 2 hour window. The problem you have in PHL is your GC Gill S
is to busy sleeping in the office or manipulating O.T for his Boys that he won't do anything about it
90 percent of the problem in phl fall's on your GC , which is really sad . PHL used to be a very
strong by the contract UNION city.

Myself and ramp team just broke one of those scanner things last night. Left it on the belt loader and while putting the belt loader away, the screen got smashed don’t know about mainline but we have broken 2 so far at express at are station. The other got rand over by a tug would anyone know any estimates or the cost to the company system wide for these broken scanners, or if you have a story about your scanner accident please share.

Myself and ramp team just broke one of those scanner things last night. Left it on the belt loader and while putting the belt loader away, the screen got smashed don’t know about mainline but we have broken 2 so far at express at are station. The other got rand over by a tug would anyone know any estimates or the cost to the company system wide for these broken scanners, or if you have a story about your scanner accident please share.

Our scanners have been damaged due to exposure to the elements. Folks leave them on the beltloaders and tugs and get snowed and rained on. This is what happens when you put expensive things into the hands of those who couldn't give a rat's patoot about anything.

I had one fall out of the bin of an Airbus but all that happened was the battery popped out; we put it back in and it was fine. I have heard of a few getting crushed or falling and breaking but haven't seen it happen first hand.

I think it's going to be very interesting to see how these things are going to react to the intense heat in summer time, sitting on the black slip-resistant surface of the belt loader for several hours day in and day out. Suddenly one day all of the AC hose bins on the jetways all had big ammo boxes attached to them...apparently purchased from army surplus and painted khaki tan to match. I suspect they're going to insist the scanners be placed in those in the summer and when it rains though they haven't briefed us about them yet. I'm pretty sure they'd have no problem writing up somebody for a scanner getting damaged through exposure by claiming the team lead didn't see to protecting it, and the TL's are ultimately responsible for scanners after they're checked out. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd try to pay-deduct the cost of the scanners in some instances.

One of the shift managers was going around the other morning trying to get people to try out these special holsters they got for the scanners which include a belt and a reel that attaches to the scanner grip...apparently they got boxes of 'em. They're useless to actually wear because it's bulky and you're always hitting the scanner on something as you walk by stuff. Plus if the person wearing it can't always be next to the beltloader during the off/upload he'll have to un-holster and un-attach it so it can stay at the beltloader, totally negating the purpose of having a holster beyond any but aesthetic reasons.

One thing I did see was some of the teams doing was put the belts around the seats of the beltloaders so that the holster was on the back of the seat. This way they could un-holster it for the duration and flight and then secure it again before moving the beltloader. That seemed to work pretty well.

??? for chock jockey or anyone else in the Know out in phx. Jester need not reply nor freedom

have you guys come up to speed with your shop stewards and how effective are they will dealing

with the slavery style management that is in place out there.

Jester need not reply...

with the slavery style management that is in place out there.

"Slavery Style management?" Gotta be kidding... let me be in charge and the bag room couch would be a bon fire, and 8 hours ramp teams would handle more than 2 turns. And yes, even the flights would be properly loaded to places like CLT and PHL who wouldn't return the favor, but let their walking bosses figure it out.

So Dictates Jester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back