US Pilot Labor Thread--ALL Pilot/Union Issues Discussed Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy at the PHX meeting was saying that he was a 1984 hire and was going to LOSE seniority in a DOH hire. What did he expect? That he would be able to trot over the PHL and be a widebody captain? It sure sounded that way to me.

Those guys need a REALITY CHECK!

Just more drivel from the angry narrow body airplane club.

The NIC only exists as an ALPA bargaining position not a function seniority list. USAPA has the right to amend any bargaining position with the company and will do so many times over as they go through bargaining a contract until a final agreement is reached. Sections are passed and modified, typically at every negotiating session.

Unlike ALPA, that was bound by union C & BL's to present the NIC as its "bargaining position", USAPA is bound by its own C & BL's to present DOH with C & R's as its section 22 bargaining position.

A joint contract will replace the TA and can and will modify many parts of it and the two parties under the RLA can meet and discuss and modify any agreement at any time. In the case of Seniority is it simply changing the bargaining position in negotiations of an agreement that is still being negotiated. Now respective contracts and seniority provisions are in effect until the period of separate ops ends.

Westpuslot,

Where have you been?

As I have said before, we are all aware of Seham's theories on how to overturn binding arbitration. Problem is it will not work. There is this little obstacle called the law.

On another note, I heard there were 6, yes count them 6, who offered to be West reps, yet USAPA turned them down. Well at least that is what their depositions in current lawsuit says. Oh, and some say they have e-mails to prove it. Seems USAPA was not interested in a West rep or office until AH said no we will not fire people to help you out. Seems you owe them a Duty of fair representation,if you want to collect. That same DFR would imply that you would use Nic not DOH as the "bargaining position" since you inherited it from ALPA. Seems your whole existence is to get out of Nic, which to any observer would harm the West.

Westpuslot,

Where have you been?

As I have said before, we are all aware of Seham's theories on how to overturn binding arbitration. Problem is it will not work. There is this little obstacle called the law.

On another note, I heard there were 6, yes count them 6, who offered to be West reps, yet USAPA turned them down. Well at least that is what their depositions in current lawsuit says. Oh, and some say they have e-mails to prove it. Seems USAPA was not interested in a West rep or office until AH said no we will not fire people to help you out. Seems you owe them a Duty of fair representation,if you want to collect. That same DFR would imply that you would use Nic not DOH as the "bargaining position" since you inherited it from ALPA. Seems your whole existence is to get out of Nic, which to any observer would harm the West.
Friend, I have a few comments for you. First, any reps who advanced themselves have to sign on to the C&BL's about DOH....if they refused, they werent accepted. That was probably the case.

Secondly, I read you are a 20+/- year CA out west....I just went through a training event whereby my instructor has 23 years at USAirways...and he can just barely hold CA on the 190...and cannot hold a group 2 CA slot. So, again I say...the CR's leave you whole as a west CA with your Airbus CA slot....if you choose to bid out east...you will be a relatively senior FO on the same Airbus...or maybe just barely a 190 CA.

get the point?

Or maybe thats not "good enough" for our rescuers'

In general terms sir, how much seniority did you lose?

Do you mean general terms or relative terms. In general terms I and every West pilot moved backwards, while every east pilot moved forward. In relative terms I moved backward from my stand alone position by 3-5% depending on how you count total furlough numbers.

Are you still an Airbus Captain?

If so, you have little to complain about in the big picture.

Do you mean general terms or relative terms. In general terms I and every West pilot moved backwards, while every east pilot moved forward. In relative terms I moved backward from my stand alone position by 3-5% depending on how you count total furlough numbers.

Help us calculate this. Your seniority at america west was attained by what method? Now you expect your seniority to be gained by what method? So we add one and times it by two. Then we add ................ Ok then we calculate the wide body flying by what? Then we .........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...........

Ask him what the hire dates of the closest East guys above/below him on the list is. He didn't lose a thing. It's ALL in his mind.

That guy at the PHX meeting was saying that he was a 1984 hire and was going to LOSE seniority in a DOH hire. What did he expect? That he would be able to trot over the PHL and be a widebody captain? It sure sounded that way to me.

Those guys need a REALITY CHECK!

Ask me yourself. Oh I guess you just did. I lost and I think so did you.

It was not me in the video, and any west pilot who thought they would get widebody was dreaming. But I am sure we have such dreamers.

Exactly! This is what the Nic did! The position you held on the 19th of May 2005 is what you'd hold under the Nic. But I learned long ago that you intend to rape and pillage to get what you believe you are owed. Sad thing is you don't seem to care who you destroy in your quest to be made whole...

Where have you been?

That same DFR would imply that you would use Nic not DOH as the "bargaining position" since you inherited it from ALPA. Seems your whole existence is to get out of Nic, which to any observer would harm the West.
Mr nic... Get this...think about it and allow it to ferment in your head for a while... While USAPA did inherent all the prior agreements negotiated through ALPA… the NIC was an ALPA BARGAINING POSITION.. one that had been delivered to the company, but as Parker so carefully stated was a list he had received (which can only be implemented if it was ratified in a new contract). In any negotiation, many aspects of that negotiation may change over time… and as much as you will never accept this argument… the NIC is subject to the same negotiable changes over time… a change in bargaining position by our CBA… which is thank God… no longer ALPA.

No one that I'm aware of wants harm to come to the west pilots. No one wants to take away your seat, flying... nothing. While DOH may be the core basis of seniority integration in the CB&Ls of USAPA, what is being proposed is with conditions and restrictions to protect your flying.

While I repeatedly hear the East wants to "staple" the West... nothing could be further from the truth!

This is just more wasted bandwith... that sadly... I've just contributed to...

I just baked a bunch of macadamia nut cookies. 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. I let them cool for 15minutes, will at least I let 94 percent of them cool that long.

V1,

I am still a line holding airbus captain. In the big picture I am not complaining. I give thanks everyday for the blessings I have recieved, and try to return a portion to those less fortunate.

To me the C&R's are a moot point in that they go with DOH. I get the point about your 23 year instructor and understand why that is, which had little to do with the West. He deserves advancement but not at the expense of the West. We have our own injustices out here. If you are saying you do not want to hear me complain because the east has more to complain about I will attempt to comply. But I reserve the right to go off on anyone who uses the lottery comparison.

And in that argument, you will lose. In the legal world, the baseline will be measured by how and in what manner did USAPA fulfill its obligatory responsibilites under the law as the NMB sanctioned CBA...they have, they do, they will. That you have rejected it only makes their case.

That you deem it inherently unfair is akin to you complaining about the size of your johnson...it is what it is. You may disagree with it at all levels based on your particular perspective...the court recognizes no such individualistic perspectives...they look at actual performance....

Which you just brilliantly illustrated.

You missed my point, Machtuck, excuse me, V1. Why am I not surprised? Sorry you're not happy with the size of your johnson. Wait and see what the judge has to say about all of this. Our opinions after all, mean nothing.

P.S. Try extenze, it might help your other little problem

You missed my point, Machtuck, excuse me, V1. Why am I not surprised? Sorry you're not happy with the size of your johnson. Wait and see what the judge has to say about all of this. Our opinions after all, mean nothing.

First, thanks for the compliment...I always liked MachTuck and the way he stood up to you....I'd add that with all of your accusations, the mods would have solved this by now...

Anyway, I appreciate your concern over my "personal" welfare...but I'm just ducky in that area.
I'll note that I appear to have pushed a button with you for you to follow up a day later talking about my "manhood"....rather than the issues.

How..."west"

tazz
Rating: 0
View Member Profile
Find Member's Posts
Posted on: Sep 8 2008, 05:53 PM

Advanced

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 14,353

Let's see.....

I personally have 10.5 years since starting at AWA. The Nicolau list places me amongst east 1986 hires. That's 10.5/22-23. Not 8/23. On the date of the merger I was a junior captain on the 737, where I will remain until downgrade class in November. The east pilots around my seniority on the Nicolau list were also junior captains but will remain captains after I downgrade. The fact that they worked twelve more years than I did is irrelevant to our respective positions when merged.

tazz,

You are attempting to use extenze on your worth with the airline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back