What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to hear the response from the IAM and their members should the TWU "offer" to take less compensation in order to save TULE...Especially having experienced PIT get decimated as their OH base. 

MetalMover said:
I would love to hear the response from the IAM and their members should the TWU "offer" to take less compensation in order to save TULE...Especially having experienced PIT get decimated as their OH base.
I hope we don't fall for that save jobs strategy, AGAIN.

Go for the pay!!!!!!!!

I'm curious about something. At one point TUL was doing OAL work and from what I heard a very good job at it. They had a goal of generating 500 mil a year in revenue. The old AA management purposely mucked that up and it was lost. Is the work still out there that maybe TUL can go after? Basically generate their own jobs? Would Parker and Isom have any interest in trying that?

WeAAsles said:
I'm curious about something. At one point TUL was doing OAL work and from what I heard a very good job at it. They had a goal of generating 500 mil a year in revenue. The old AA management purposely mucked that up and it was lost. Is the work still out there that maybe TUL can go after? Basically generate their own jobs? Would Parker and Isom have any interest in trying that?
I'm pretty sure I remember saying that he wanted no part of doing other airline work in TUL.

WeAAsles said:
AA overpriced themselves out of the MRO market. Depending which line station you were working, response time varied from good to rediculous. The rediculous times caused the customer to shop elsewhere. We also lost work through mergers and consolidation.

1AA said:
AA overpriced themselves out of the MRO market. Depending which line station you were working, response time varied from good to rediculous. The rediculous times caused the customer to shop elsewhere. We also lost work through mergers and consolidation.
I meant specifically TUL OH work? Could those guys deliver a product that would be worth them remaining in TUL and not have to move elsewhere? Basically could they become self sufficient? 

We all know that many of them don't want to move away from there. It's BEYOND cheap to live in Tulsa. Even cheaper than DFW. (Kind of back to that COLA question)

If Parker has stated that he wants no part in doing OAL work then the point is moot. Not throwing any water but was it AA who cost themselves out or were our guys just too expensive to pay maybe in comparison to the OAL shopping elsewhere?

WeAAsles said:

I don't think it matters what the old executives did, Doug said he's in the airline business, not aircraft MRO business. I would think that AA would bring back 777,767,and 757 work before bringing in competitors aircraft.

Just to drive the point home, bring back the work that AA farmed out while under concessions to save work, while being represented by a union.

WeAAsles said:

From what I've heard out here on the line. Going after contract work is not something the new AA wants to go after. If that is true, I don't see OH getting any outside work.

WeAAsles said:
Good point. The work done in TUL and the quality has always been second to none. The old management passed on the chance into making the contract business lucrative. I think had they REALLY sold TUL as maintenance facility with MRO has a major compnent, they could have actually impacted the TIMCOs of the world.

WeAAsles said:
Just my opinion but the MRO was slowly eliminated after Horton took over as CFO, it would have been difficult to go into BK and argue how maintenance was costing so much when it generated even a small revenue. Look at when Horton took over and you will notice a lot of things changed, and not for the better.

Parker has said "We are in the people moving business not aircraft maintenance business" and to me that is like Walt Disney saying "We are in the entertainment business not the costume making business" stupid IMO. The company will do what they want in regards to maintenance as we have no viable representation. They can scatter the maintenance of THE asset that creates revenue all over the globe and pay for the logistics of that or keep it close at hand and I believe the cost difference would be minimal if managed right. To make a company successful take care of the employees who do the work and they will take a vested interest.

So I guess it's safe to say that the company will make efforts to get out of Tulsa? Aircraft retirements, longer intervals between heavies and new aircraft not needing heavy checks for years to come. With that kind of thinking from the company and having a weak union I would be concerned if I was working in overhaul regardless if it's in Tulsa or Phoenix or Pittsburgh or any other station that has overhaul.

dfw gen said:
I think what maintenance wants is for the association to get off their a** and start negotiating.
I agree. It's time to stop Dilly Dallying and start burning the Midnight oil. We all know that once we get to the Holiday's both sides will close up shop and we won't hit the ground running again until January. 

I'd really like to see some good progress on TA'd articles before then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back