Working At AA......

Come up with a business plan that you think will work in the real world.

Follow the business plan of Southwest.

We need to encourage the Govt to let the market take care of the playing field

keep dreaming. Or is that part of your business plan

On the employee side, we need to be willing to get rid of dead weight and reward good behavior

The twu has been rewarding us for good behavior for the last 20 years. The reward is called concessions. Is that part of your business plan.

Theft, graft, laziness, corruption and deceit are not dependent on salary

Want to bet

Come up with some answers. Find a different job. But geez, just stop your bitching already

No thanks I like it just the way it is. :p

Follow the business plan of Southwest.
keep dreaming. Or is that part of your business plan
The twu has been rewarding us for good behavior for the last 20 years. The reward is called concessions. Is that part of your business plan.
Want to bet
No thanks I like it just the way it is. :p

Follow the business plan of Southwest?????? What a moron. I guess AA should only fly point to point and offer no First Class Service and stop being able to offer customers the ability to fly from Austin to Zurich <_<

Get a clue!

well let's hope he doesn't come back bit$hing and moaning. We do enough of that ourselves without some newbie bi%cher adding to the mix! :D

Quite right.

But we are entitled to bich. We have paid dearly for that right. Earned it, even, and we are biching for legitimate (well, sort of) reasons, not just to stir or troll or vent a vile spleen.

Follow the business plan of Southwest?????? What a moron. I guess AA should only fly point to point and offer no First Class Service and stop being able to offer customers the ability to fly from Austin to Zurich <_<

Get a clue!
...And use Southwest's staffing of about 4 AMTS per aircraft, which would mean about only 2800 total AMTs at AA (700 AA aircraft X 4 AMTs per aircraf).

Quite right.

But we are entitled to bich. We have paid dearly for that right. Earned it, even, and we are biching for legitimate (well, sort of) reasons, not just to stir or troll or vent a vile spleen.

Ah, the entitlement to bitc# argument... one of my all-time favorites.

Ah, the entitlement to bitc# argument... one of my all-time favorites.

It's called paying ones dues, ModerAAtor! It's not possible that management is 100% right in their actions and decsions 100% of the time. Just not possible. AA has made its share of bad business decisions in the past.

Spending $$$$$$$millions to build RDU and BNA hubs only to end hub status a few years later, MRTC seating debacle which lasted even a shorter time than the hub fiasco JUST TO NAME A COUPLE!

AFter 9/11, airlines, AA included, went after us like vultures waiting for their victims to die. AA, partnered with TWU, took from us 40 years of negotiated wages and benefits. They never SHARED in the sacrifice the same way we did. They never took credit for their bad business decisions over the years, but gladly cut our salaries and benefits AND LAY OFF THOUSANDS OF EMPLOYEES, but not as nearly managers and non-union workers.

And spare me the "lucky to have a job" mantra or "
YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, LEAVE" crap!

I WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS COMPANY!
I WILL STAY ON THE JOB TO MAKE THEIR LIVES MISERABLE WITH A BAD ATTITIUDE AND MORALE!

They are lecturing us on fuel savings in aircraft maintnenance while increasing the number of supervisors who are now tripping over one another!

WE HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TOP BIT#@!

So, one a/c type, no meal service, no F/C class, no international flights, ... etc. That SWA? Wow, great plan. Guess that explains why you just #### and moan.

They have been turning a profit for 30 years. So yes thier plan is great unlike the plan of AA. Rape the employees to turn a profit.
Much better :unsure:

I guess AA should only fly point to point and offer no First Class Service and stop being able to offer customers the ability to fly from Austin to Zurich

If you want to go to Zurich fly Lufthansa.

The business person isnt paying the overinflated first class fares that use to make us money. So get rid of the seats.

What the customer gets is a cheap seat like on any other carrier no more no less. That is what the flying public wants. A bus with wings.

:D

And use Southwest's staffing of about 4 AMTS per aircraft, which would mean about only 2800 total AMTs at AA (700 AA aircraft X 4 AMTs per aircraf).

Listen brain surgeon of baggage. SWA does not due overhaul so your number of 4 mechs to an AC is dilusional at best
;)

It's called paying ones dues, ModerAAtor! It's not possible that management is 100% right in their actions and decsions 100% of the time. Just not possible. AA has made its share of bad business decisions in the past.

Oh, spare me the tired litany of bad decisions made by management. If you don't take risks once in a while or try to change the way you do things, you will never succeed.

For every one failure you mention, there are probably hundreds of good decisions that you either conveniently overlook or have no clue about in the first place. The fact that AA has survived in business longer than any other airline is proof of that.

You can piss and moan about it being done on the backs of the working man all you want, but the fact still remains that it's a fairly good company to work for, and should survive well into the future based on the number of sound business decisions made on a daily basis.

I WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS COMPANY!
I WILL STAY ON THE JOB TO MAKE THEIR LIVES MISERABLE WITH A BAD ATTITIUDE AND MORALE!

Makes about as much sense as staying on the Titanic to prove that it was not as safe as people thought. You're being miserable is only hurting you. The people like me just laugh at you and go about our day. The people who commiserate with you only enhance their miserable ness and yours. You feed off each other. You have little if any impact on the out come (look at your contact and pay stub) but hey, if you want to die an earlier death due to unneeded stress or what ever, knock your self out. It is your right.

They have been turning a profit for 30 years. So yes thier plan is great unlike the plan of AA. Rape the employees to turn a profit.

The business person isnt paying the overinflated first class fares that use to make us money. So get rid of the seats.

What the customer gets is a cheap seat like on any other carrier no more no less. That is what the flying public wants. A bus with wings.

Of course, why didn’t anyone else think of that. You're brilliant .... OH wait, There have been a few carriers who have tried that but they are not doing so well. I am sure they were just not doing it right. BTW, who is going to buy all our 777, 767, S80 757 so that we can buy a boat load of 737's to replace them?

Stick to bitching and moaning. You obviously excel at it. It is obvious you have no business sense since you work for a company instead of own one. The rest of us may not know what does work but we sure as heck know a dud when we hear one.

Some of you guys would complain regardless. If AA gave you a 50% raise, in six months you'd be complaining again.

Management decisions are easy to question in hindsight, but if you think rationally they are also easy to justify.

The buildup and then takedown of Nashville and Raleigh hubs is a prime example. At the time, Eastern was still flying and controlled MIA. Once Eastern went CH 12 it was an easy decision to take control of MIA, leaving BNA and RDU to shrink over time.

Unlike an AMT fixing a plane, management decisions are not black and white, there isn't necessarily just one right or wrong answer and often good decisions look incredibly dumb because of outside, unpredictable factors.

Suggesting that AA use WN's business model is overly simplistic and ultimately unrealistic for a numbers of reasons. WN has a number of advantages that AA just won't ever have. Primarily, WN's employees (management and unionized) never worked in a regulated environment. WN always had to compete based on price and service and it is ingrained in their culture. Even 25 years later many of AA's employees feel entitled to raises, even if the economic conditions don't justify it. They feel they shouldn't have to work in a productive manner. They feel that even though their pay and benefits exceed those in other occupations that they are qualified for that they are underpaid. (News Flash: People that are underpaid, leave their jobs and go work elsewhere. Otherwise, you're not underpaid!)

Much better :unsure:

:D
Listen brain surgeon of baggage. SWA does not due overhaul so your number of 4 mechs to an AC is dilusional at best
;)
What is dilusional about basic mathematics. There is nothing more factual than math. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to analyze simple facts. SWA has 445 aircraft and about 1800 (on their payroll) mechanic and related for 4 AMTS per aircraft (1800/445=4.05). AA has 707 aircraft and 10,437 mechanics and related for 14.77 maintanence personnel per aircraft (10,437/707=14.77). Since you constantly cry, ####, piss, and moan about what SWA AMTs make compared to what you make, perhaps AA SHOULD follow Southwest to the letter. They should dump heavy maintanence and have 4 AMTs per aircraft. I sure hope you are in the top 2800 on the seniority list.But you are right that SWA does not do heavy overhaul. Their overhaul is done by those PTO AMT types (you know, those who you critcize, slander, and condemn) in the hackshops making crap wages and where most of the people are unlicensed (like OSMs and SRPs). That is why SWA can afford to pay their mechanics the big money. The PTO types in the third party shops are Southwest's "C" scale (the same goes for UPS and FEDEX). Why don't you come up with some facts to support your statements instead of mindless talk and insults.

Back