IAM FILES AT DELTA FOR UNION REPRESENTATION

Again, it makes complete sense.
I sort of think its better to make some sense, even a little sense rather than no sense at all!

(so I would run with little to some sense idea!)

to match the size of what UAL and US would of been

so if there is one situation and another situation and the first situation wanted to match the second situation and proceeded, only to turn around and revert back to what the situation was prior, because the second situation did not follow through, but in the process of reverting back, reneged on every promise made.

(because someone didn't do something else)

well!

That's worse!

(does that make sense?)

fairness for all did rule the day.
negative.

(maybe on another day but not on that day!)

that ad will be for Baggage Handlers and CSA's if you go non-union.
OH No! they best not do something as silly as that!

if that happened, a situation of union to non-union and then contracting all the former "union" to low paid "non-union"..

Well!

would validate the need to have a union in the first place!

and it would be ..

really bad P.R.!

people more than likely at that point, would realize they were lied to and those who are left would probably unionize shortly thereafter for the sake to protect what is left to protect!

(never believing one word they say, ever again!)

* it would also create unnecessary monumental labor problems.

* it would screw over the state and vital jobs for the economy.

* it would make the labor problems at NW seem like peanuts!

(the mainline employees in their current jobs need to stay in their current jobs regardless how it plays out)

Believe it!

OH No! they best not do something as silly as that!

if that happened, a situation of union to non-union and then contracting all the former "union" to low paid "non-union"..

Well! would validate the need to have a union in the first place!

The replacements would be non-union. Would they care?

and it would be ... really bad P.R.!

It would not. The public would think the ramp was overpaid anyway once they published the inflated rates of pay with all the benefits added in. The public does not care who loads their bags or who checks them in, nor what they get paid. You are living in a dream world if you think otherwise.

people more than likely at that point, would realize they were lied to and those who are left would probably unionize shortly thereafter for the sake to protect what is left to protect! (never believing one word they say, ever again!)

That would mean that the other employees would care about another employee group. Did you see how fast the other workers came to the mechanics defense at NWA. How do you think that would go with the ramp/csa at Delta? Do you really think that would make the other employee groups go Union at Delta? :lol:

* it would also create unnecessary monumental labor problems.

What? For who?

* it would screw over the state and vital jobs for the economy.

The state has no say. They are already bought and paid for anyhow. Delta does not care about the state, or the economy. They care about profits and shareholders; period.

* it would make the labor problems at NW seem like peanuts!

What? Are you willing to walk off the job to support the ramp people if they are contracted out? I didn't think so. Therefore, there will be no labor problems. ALPA does not care if it does not affect them.

(the mainline employees in their current jobs need to stay in their current jobs regardless how it plays out)

Not sure what you mean with that statement.

Believe it!

You better believe all of what I posted, because all of it has happened at other carriers (and NWA with the MX) with the same group who is in charge at Delta now.

The replacements would be non-union. Would they care?
well they couldn't replace everyone at once, so during the transition those who are targeted by job elimination and replaced would probably start to unionize fairly quickly.

(it would also be a really bad example for any other department) and they should start thinking or on second thought..rethink.. these, "tossing it all" out the window ideas!

It would not. The public would think the ramp was overpaid anyway once they published the inflated rates of pay with all the benefits added in. The public does not care who loads their bags or who checks them in, nor what they get paid. You are living in a dream world if you think otherwise.
:rant: On..

that's right they probably arent checking all their bags....

because!

they are bringing those bags with them into the cabin to me including the kitchen sink!

(to all that is holy !! someone out there get a grip on that luggage being brought on, please?! the amount carried on lately is to the point its almost obscene ! ! !)

Sheesh!

Anyhoo!

I love helping assist with luggage, but I cannot stow 200 rollerbags in the bins...

:rant: Off

Oh now where was I??!

...oh yeah,

the public might not care what they are paid, but they do care about their "stuff" so it is in everyone's best interest to retain quality employees reflecting quality pay and continuing to restore pay to ensure their stuff is handled properly by quality employees who care about that stuff!

(instead of always going the cheap route!)

That would mean that the other employees would care about another employee group. Did you see how fast the other workers came to the mechanics defense at NWA. How do you think that would go with the ramp/csa at Delta? Do you really think that would make the other employee groups go Union at Delta? :lol:
trying to always make people feel guilty is a powerful tool..

but I know there is a process that must be followed and

there is a reason why some of what happened... happened and it was already explained to you, you can either take it for what its worth or not!

(personal accountability is also something to keep in mind too)

(do you hold no responsibility with the leadership at AMFA or in our case PFAA at all?)

regardless,

if someone thinks they did the right thing, then that's all that matters.

What? For who?
it would create monumental labor problems, sometime these problems occur much later down the road, but non-the-less they are created.

The state has no say. They are already bought and paid for anyhow. Delta does not care about the state, or the economy. They care about profits and shareholders; period.
it would screw over the state

What? Are you willing to walk off the job to support the ramp people if they are contracted out? I didn't think so.
the ramp people are trying to stay on the job by retaining a union!

Not sure what you mean with that statement.
its not that difficult to figure out, I know you are a smart person!

You better believe all of what I posted, because all of it has happened at other carriers (and NWA with the MX) with the same group who is in charge at Delta now.
I did fall off a turnip truck, it happened one day, but it wasnt yesterday!

oh yeah,

and I really do pay attention!

<_< ------ The bottom line of all this is that because of the TWA/AA merger/ buy out, Seniority is no longer "the cornerstone of Unionism!" ----- Seniority can be lost! The mold has been broken! And the IAM was a part of that!----- Like it or not!

Seniority is no longer "the corner of Unionism!"
is it for those who have a clue!

----- Seniority can be lost! The mold has been broken! And the IAM was a part of that!----- Like it or not!
but were those parts all equal? because I sort of think the 2/3 part fell on them and the 1/3 part fell with the IAM.

the mold was broken and then a law was created..

is it for those who have a clue!

but were those parts all equal? because I sort of think the 2/3 part fell on them and the 1/3 part fell with the IAM.

Question..concerning the jobs posted for DGS. This is for NWA people. IF the union vote goes against the union what will the majority of NWA people do? Will some quit therefore leaving job openings which this may be for.This is for Dignity and Kev...you two seem to have the pulse for NWA.

IF the union vote goes against the union what will the majority of NWA people do? Will some quit therefore leaving job openings which this may be for.This is for Dignity and Kev...you two seem to have the pulse for NWA.
I would assume the majority would continue to stay at their bases or stations and their careers they have been working at the whole time!..(personally have zero plans to leave my pre-merger NWA base, just like many who are established at their bases/stations)

(accepting the majority decision and even though some may not agree with it does not mean there would be a mass exodus of those quitting)...

I thought the job postings were for Cleaners so what does that have to do with NW Ground Crew stations and the combined DAL In-Flight Service Department?

If you got a pulse you got a purpose, so its best to focus on that purpose and that is.... what needs to be done going forward!

focusing on the customers and doing right by all at the new "DELTA"!

my personal views outside the job are my own and as my profile states...

*all comments and posts made by myself are personal opinions, as my views do not represent any organization or company.

I am not the spokesperson for anyone!

I believe in fairness for all

(even though that is not always reflected by others)

I sort of think its better to make some sense, even a little sense rather than no sense at all!

(so I would run with little to some sense idea!)

so if there is one situation and another situation and the first situation wanted to match the second situation and proceeded, only to turn around and revert back to what the situation was prior, because the second situation did not follow through, but in the process of reverting back, reneged on every promise made.

(because someone didn't do something else)

well!

That's worse!

(does that make sense?)

negative.

(maybe on another day but not on that day!)

Much like yourself making no sense? I can put myself in the shoes of others and know what I would be willing to except and not except. You think it's fair to give newly hired people seniority rights from the former airline, LOL! That makes SENSE? Sure, only if YOU are not affected.

You seem to have trouble understanding who promised what. Not one single union made a promise they couldn't keep or wouldn't offer. APFA NEVER offered the new hires seniority and never would and rightfully so. The IAM, who repped the failed airlines employees had no real say in anything.

So it makes complete sense, you have a failed airline with no future and a airline with money that can and did do what it pleased. Makes perfect sense to me and is completely fair on ANY GIVEN DAY. Hopefully this makes full and complete sense to you, since you seem to be having trouble who did what, and who promised what. :rolleyes:

Laws were made to be amended, changed, and broken. If I cried enough with a few thousand others who have nothing better to do. I bet I could get a unfair law going..... :rolleyes:

Much like yourself making no sense?
well! I think it makes some sense!

I can put myself in the shoes of others and know what I would be willing to except and not except. You think it's fair to give newly hired people seniority rights from the former airline, LOL! That makes SENSE? Sure, only if YOU are not affected.
so with that line, we as pre-merger deserve zero credit for all our years of service as Flight Attendant, even though were not required to apply for the same job?

You seem to have trouble understanding who promised what. Not one single union made a promise they couldn't keep or wouldn't offer. APFA NEVER offered the new hires seniority and never would and rightfully so. The IAM, who repped the failed airlines employees had no real say in anything.
not really, I just see it differently from you and you might want to review the hearings regarding who said what prior to the approval.. regarding the Justice Department and it how it was labeled a "merger".

So it makes complete sense, you have a failed airline with no future and a airline with money that can and did do what it pleased. Makes perfect sense to me and is completely fair on ANY GIVEN DAY. Hopefully this makes full and complete sense to you, since you seem to be having trouble who did what, and who promised what. :rolleyes:
it makes sense to you.

Laws were made to be amended, changed, and broken. If I cried enough with a few thousand others who have nothing better to do. I bet I could get a unfair law going..... :rolleyes:
I actually agree with that, however in this case any changing of a law will more than likely will not happen during our generation and the next.. continuing on for a very long time..

Laws can be amended, but they are not as easily changed once they are on the books.

(but its possible)

HotinNYC,

With your thought process, do you believe the the former Pan Am f/a's
that came over to Delta should have been stapled to the bottom?