JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I explained my point later in the post it might be hard for you to understand because it is so absurd. You really have to live where I do to pass judgment. You know what else Kev people and businesses (jobs) are leaving LI in masses to southern states where the taxes are less. It's a fact, hell a staunch Trump ally is voting no on the current tax reform because of the taxes on long Island. Weez you were a Bernie man ,were you for free tuition? someone has to pay for it you know

I’d have to know way more about it and how it would/might affect me if I was still in NY Al. I do know that just a High School education ain’t cutting it anymore. Admittedly again there are many more things I’d pick for my taxes to go to first. Infrastructure # 1.

Supposedly you get it back on the taxes the graduates have to pay staying in the State for the same amount of time as they received the tuition? Going to be awhile before you know if it is a success or failure for your investment?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ege/suny-cuny-tuition-free-college/index.html

I’d have to know way more about it and how it would/might affect me if I was still in NY Al. I do know that just a High School education ain’t cutting it anymore. Admittedly again there are many more things I’d pick for my taxes to go to first. Infrastructure # 1.

Supposedly you get it back on the taxes the graduates have to pay staying in the State for the same amount of time as they received the tuition? Going to be awhile before you know if it is a success or failure for your investment?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ege/suny-cuny-tuition-free-college/index.html
Getting back to taxes you do have to agree FLA is filling up with NYers

Getting back to taxes you do have to agree FLA is filling up with NYers

FLA has always been NYC South. Al if you told me when I was a kid that I’d be living here I would have said you were crazy. We used to call my bud Danny “Southbound Suarez”

But here I am.

Uh oh. This is about to get “Michael Jackson Popcorn” interesting.

The Family man vs The Single man.
No it’s not. There’s no rational argument to be made against investment in education.

I had areal trying day it took me about 20 minutes to go a 1/8th of a mile, got moving went about 4 miles got stuck again went another 5 or so and got stuck again all on the Cross Island so I'm really not in any mood to debate an outsider. Didn't Hillary say you have to picture yourself in their shoes?

Tell me more about how your commute has anything to do with education. You think stupid people will be better at dealing with infrastructure?

If it’s that bad, sell your parent’s house and gtfo of NY.

Last edited:
No it’s not. There’s no rational argument to be made against investment in education.

I agree 100%. As long as it’s paid for by other people who actually have children I’m totally cool with it.

Their Taxes can go towards Education and mine towards Infrastructure. Roads, Bridges, Internet, High Speed rail, Water and Sewer Lines, Construction.

But I would be willing to invest some of my Taxes in kids going to good Trade Schools perhaps? (There’s already way too many damn Lawyers and Accountants for my tastes)

Weez

I thought you wanted a cushy public sector job in NY?

And Bill De Blasio is too close with Linda Sarsour and those far left activists.

Maybe you’ll like your Irish Catholic Marty Walsh but he is in the pockets of the unions here. Wish Mike Ross would have run against him after what he successfully pulled over firefighters in 2011!

Josh

Tell me more about how your commute has anything to do with education. You think stupid people will be better at dealing with infrastructure?

If it’s that bad, sell your parent’s house and gtfo of NY.
Spoken like a true outsider who doesn't know WTF he's talking about. Kev I hope they never close your "Mayberry.Happy Days MN. city you'd be in for a little culture shock. Education, yeah the kids get educated on how to beat the metal detector at the schools entrance.

I agree 100%. As long as it’s paid for by other people who actually have children I’m totally cool with it.

Their Taxes can go towards Education and mine towards Infrastructure. Roads, Bridges, Internet, High Speed rail, Water and Sewer Lines, Construction.

But I would be willing to invest some of my Taxes in kids going to good Trade Schools perhaps? (There’s already way too many damn Lawyers and Accountants for my tastes)
Weez the guy lives in a Norman Rockwell setting and doesn't have a clue. There is nothing wrong with that setting especially when you a raising a family so I'll give him that he is way better off. But to comment on something he knows nothing about. Hell they are digging up human remains left and right in parks and preserves all from gangs on LI

Weez the guy lives in a Norman Rockwell setting and doesn't have a clue. There is nothing wrong with that setting especially when you a raising a family so I'll give him that he is way better off. But to comment on something he knows nothing about. Hell they are digging up human remains left and right in parks and preserves all from gangs on LI

Uh and you’re putting in your transfer to get the Hell out of there when?

Name a time when the members had control over the union.
You are correct, you guys never did, sorry.

Please tell me you’re not one of those people that’s bothered by the idea of investing in education.

Good news! If you don’t like it, the time to change it is always “right now.”
Agree.

No I did not like paying school taxes for the kids I didn’t have when living in NY,

As far as changes to the union, I’m unaffected by anything they do, change the people, name, of the union, and what do you have? Business As Usual boys!
I have to disagree. Depends on what union you bring in to be business as usual. However with your class that you are in it would be business as usual as your class doesn't have a class specific craft orientated union. If you did and it was structured where the members control the union then it would not be business as usual, as in our case, the membership would control the union, not the leadership officers at the unions top, that simple.

You are correct, you guys never did, sorry.

Agree.

I have to disagree. Depends on what union you bring in to be business as usual. However with your class that you are in it would be business as usual as your class doesn't have a class specific craft orientated union. If you did and it was structured where the members control the union then it would not be business as usual, as in our case, the membership would control the union, not the leadership officers at the unions top, that simple.
So you admit it YOU are controlling that fiasco you got going, wow!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back