JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
Hopefully the Association can get a Q and A out soon on last Friday's development?
It's a little surprising that they didn't have one ready to back up this announcement. We've had a memo from the Association, the article on Jetnet, then silence. Five days since the news and zero details...really??
In all honesty, that leads me to believe that some things could have been reworked...maybe NYer was right about the "in flux".

AANOTOK said:
It's a little surprising that they didn't have one ready to back up this announcement. We've had a memo from the Association, the article on Jetnet, then silence. Five days since the news and zero details...really??
In all honesty, that leads me to believe that some things could have been reworked...maybe NYer was right about the "in flux".
The next question will be is the FLUX something we can live with either as individuals or as a work group.

MetalMover said:
The next question will be is the FLUX something we can live with either as individuals or as a work group.
I've never found "Flux" to be beneficial when dealing with money or Corporations!   :)

AANOTOK said:
NYer is NEVER right!!!!

No I'm just kidding. Maybe? But I'd be surprised about any in flux personally. I think they're probably reading the members posts on Social Media and E mails and putting together some of the questions that are popping up so they don't have to come back and make a second Q and A?

Glad to see people confused about GOOD news for a change after so many years of BAD news though.

On a side note. Got 4 hours mando yesterday. First time I stayed the full 4 in years. Ka Ching.

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the rest of the contracts will be done before the end of the year?

WeAAsles said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the rest of the contracts will be done before the end of the year?
Anything is possible. I am not happy about the pace of negotiations, but we all need to understand that this isn't one union negotiating a contract, but two with different ways of doing things with respect to contracts. Big differences in many areas. But the raise is good news and the working-each-other's-metal, if true, is a plus for the company since the flight crews will soon be integrated. Personally I don't have a problem with this since it is inevitable. 

MetalMover said:
Anything is possible. I am not happy about the pace of negotiations, but we all need to understand that this isn't one union negotiating a contract, but two with different ways of doing things with respect to contracts. Big differences in many areas. But the raise is good news and the working-each-other's-metal, if true, is a plus for the company since the flight crews will soon be integrated. Personally I don't have a problem with this since it is inevitable.

I know I just read your post on the other thread. Hey Metal where does the raise leave you at in comparison to UPS and Fedex? I know that the BASE puts you at the top compared to the other 3 passenger airlines but I'm curious about the cargo carriers?

BTW again congratulations to all you guys. (Yes absolutely even the Coneheads,lol)

Reactions: 2 people
The selling point was the immediate $5.78 raise and the 480 hrs x $5.78 for the bridge...Hopefully those are not changed.

WeAAsles said:
I know I just read your post on the other thread. Hey Metal where does the raise leave you at in comparison to UPS and Fedex? I know that the BASE puts you at the top compared to the other 3 passenger airlines but I'm curious about the cargo carriers?

BTW again congratulations to all you guys. (Yes absolutely even the Coneheads,lol)
Do the coneheads get a raise like the AMTs or is it less? Ha ha 

AANOTOK said:
The selling point was the immediate $5.78 raise and the 480 hrs x $5.78 for the bridge...Hopefully those are not changed.
On another note. Remember when I was trying to tell Tim and others to chill out for quite awhile?

The 7% above Delta $26.54? Some wanting to rush and thinking we should have locked in?

"The window of opportunity is closed"

$30.17 - $26.54 = $3.63 more per hour than where we would have been around 7 months ago.

Anyone care to do that math on a 5 year deal adding maybe 2% more per year compounding/ and what it means to our 401k and Social Security? Don't forget then to subtract the $2.45 ONLY we would have gotten if we had locked in say January 1 at $26.54.

Anyone seen Mr Nelson particularly lately? Hmmmm.

Is it expensive to put out a memo explaining the hold up or Q&A for a Q&A?  :)

WeAAsles said:
Thankyou David.. lets hug and sing kumbuya .

I heard, so, hearsay, Teamsters at ups asked for 75/ hr and company offered 62.

Status
Not open for further replies.