JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by AANOTOK, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Traymark

Traymark Veteran

I'm going to suggest there is no "Q&A" because there is NO signed agreement.
    Get your popcorn, there's gonna be a show.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Thanks, same to you.....I don't have any info on either UPS or Fed EX...But if I recall correctly, the current UPS contract would have brought them to the mid $50's + an hour...If I had to guess their next one will have them near 60...But the main sticking point last time was they they contribute to their medical. That never occurred. They did go on strike over it. Personally , I don't ever see us on par with either UPS or FedEx. I know many of my fellow mechanics feel we should be as we do the same type of work and I agree with them, but the reality is that they have waaaaaay less mechanics than we do, or any other of the legacy carriers. Add in part timers and outsourcing and it's difficult to compare.

3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Can we not hug but get together and sing beer chants instead?

4. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

That's why I like when you express your opinion. It's honest and sees the entire picture.

• Like Like x 1
  5. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

How is that whole concessions for jobs thing working out for YOU?

It's working out GREAT for the UNION and the COMPANY.

They have privatized their gains and socialized your losses using manipulation and fear.

When are you guys going to learn?

How much buying power have you lost over the decades sacrificing pay and benefits to keep headcount up?

The reason UPS and FedEX mechanics make more money than you is because you slit your own throat.

That's the price of stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

7. Jester

Jester Veteran

I don't see that happening... both sides gave-up their biggest leverage in the recent exchange.  Work group wanted a large pay increase and the company wanted cross utilization (although far from complete intergration).

Now the company de facto finds itself in an "average" costs level of ancillary other issues and benefits between the US and AA contracts which what Management offered and was unacceptable to the Association.  Furthermore, the IAM and TWU cannot agree on issues of pension/401K, crew chief/lead responsibilities, PT/FT healthcare insurance costs, etc., so I am not seeing anything here which would push for a quick resolution, especially as the rank and file are not clamoring for a JCBA after a sizable pay raise.

8. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Here comes Fa La La to rain on everyone's parade again because he CHOSE ultimately to leave.

This guy is nothing more than piss poor sour grapes who can't be happy for the rest of us who CHOSE to stay.

S,Y. Fa La La. You're damn right I'm over the moon to get these raises. Why don't you go piss on someone else's bushes with your miserable arse personality.

And Metal I by far haven't forgotten there's still more work to do. But right now I think I'll revel in the moment for a little while.

And I (LOVE, LOVE) the TWU/IAM Association. (BIG LOVE) Thank you Harry Lombardo, Sito Pantoja and everyone else who went to that meeting with the company.

Yes CASH. I made $420.00 yesterday. (1) days worth of work.

9. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Save this comment wherever you chose on your computer to save items. Remember the date and we'll talk again about it before the end of the year.

Sound good?

10. Worldport

Worldport Veteran

They are negotiating in DFW this week I wonder If Tim will be talking to Ned

11. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

He may have to take a sabbatical for a little while? Let's not forget this wonderful repeated statement of his.

"The window of opportunity has closed"

WRONG AGAIN!!!! Whoops.

12. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

That was not directed at you MetalMover. I was simply using your post to "kick off" my post.

As far as you seeing things a little more realistically than me, would you care to elaborate on that?

13. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

What parade?

From reading these forums these guys don't sound like they CHOSE anything. They certainly did not CHOOSE the Association. 

Most of them sound like the feel stuck.

LoL. That was a pretty good laugh. Well good for you WeAAsles. Good for you.

......... words fail me.

What 2 hours working and 10 playing dominoes? 

14. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Who works 12 hour shifts?

15. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

• Like Like x 2