JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
AANOTOK said:
Is it expensive to put out a memo explaining the hold up or Q&A for a Q&A?  :)
I'm going to suggest there is no "Q&A" because there is NO signed agreement.
Get your popcorn, there's gonna be a show.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
I know I just read your post on the other thread. Hey Metal where does the raise leave you at in comparison to UPS and Fedex? I know that the BASE puts you at the top compared to the other 3 passenger airlines but I'm curious about the cargo carriers?

BTW again congratulations to all you guys. (Yes absolutely even the Coneheads,lol)
Thanks, same to you.....I don't have any info on either UPS or Fed EX...But if I recall correctly, the current UPS contract would have brought them to the mid $50's + an hour...If I had to guess their next one will have them near 60...But the main sticking point last time was they they contribute to their medical. That never occurred. They did go on strike over it. Personally , I don't ever see us on par with either UPS or FedEx. I know many of my fellow mechanics feel we should be as we do the same type of work and I agree with them, but the reality is that they have waaaaaay less mechanics than we do, or any other of the legacy carriers. Add in part timers and outsourcing and it's difficult to compare.

DallasConehead said:
Thankyou David.. lets hug and sing kumbuya .
I heard, so, hearsay, Teamsters at ups asked for 75/ hr and company offered 62.
Can we not hug but get together and sing beer chants instead?

MetalMover said:
Thanks, same to you.....I don't have any info on either UPS or Fed EX...But if I recall correctly, the current UPS contract would have brought them to the mid $50's + an hour...If I had to guess their next one will have them near 60...But the main sticking point last time was they they contribute to their medical. That never occurred. They did go on strike over it. Personally , I don't ever see us on par with either UPS or FedEx. I know many of my fellow mechanics feel we should be as we do the same type of work and I agree with them, but the reality is that they have waaaaaay less mechanics than we do, or any other of the legacy carriers. Add in part timers and outsourcing and it's difficult to compare.
That's why I like when you express your opinion. It's honest and sees the entire picture.

MetalMover said:
I know many of my fellow mechanics feel we should be as we do the same type of work and I agree with them, but the reality is that they have waaaaaay less mechanics than we do, or any other of the legacy carriers. 
How is that whole concessions for jobs thing working out for YOU?

It's working out GREAT for the UNION and the COMPANY.

They have privatized their gains and socialized your losses using manipulation and fear.

When are you guys going to learn?

How much buying power have you lost over the decades sacrificing pay and benefits to keep headcount up?

The reason UPS and FedEX mechanics make more money than you is because you slit your own throat.

That's the price of stupid.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
That's the bill of goods the TWU has been peddling to us for years.

It sure is, especially since the TWU has been very good partners with the company.

They have privatized their gains and socialized your losses using manipulation and fear.
MY losses or OUR losses? I have always been willing to join a new union. Sadly the majority has bought into the TWU's fear game.

Some of us have learned, more hare happy to stay with the TWU.

How much buying power have you lost over the decades sacrificing pay and benefits to keep headcount up?
You'll have to ask the TWU who has negotiated these contracts that brought us to this point.

The reason UPS and FedEX mechanics make more money than you is because you slit your own throat.
Maybe, or maybe the fact that UPS has around 1200 mechanics, a smaller fleet with more outsourcing and I believe they have part time mechanics as well. I don't really know about FedEX. I doubt very much we will ever catch up to them.

Maybe we are for not having rid ourselves of the TWU, and now the IAM.....I hope you are not calling me stupid because I see things a little more realistically than you.....Like it or not, you might be surprised how many people are doing cartwheels over the upcoming raise and couldn't care less about the other articles.......Like it or not, many are happy with ASSociation simply because of this raise.

WeAAsles said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the rest of the contracts will be done before the end of the year?

I don't see that happening... both sides gave-up their biggest leverage in the recent exchange.  Work group wanted a large pay increase and the company wanted cross utilization (although far from complete intergration).

Now the company de facto finds itself in an "average" costs level of ancillary other issues and benefits between the US and AA contracts which what Management offered and was unacceptable to the Association.  Furthermore, the IAM and TWU cannot agree on issues of pension/401K, crew chief/lead responsibilities, PT/FT healthcare insurance costs, etc., so I am not seeing anything here which would push for a quick resolution, especially as the rank and file are not clamoring for a JCBA after a sizable pay raise.

Here comes Fa La La to rain on everyone's parade again because he CHOSE ultimately to leave.

This guy is nothing more than piss poor sour grapes who can't be happy for the rest of us who CHOSE to stay.

S,Y. Fa La La. You're damn right I'm over the moon to get these raises. Why don't you go piss on someone else's bushes with your miserable arse personality.

And Metal I by far haven't forgotten there's still more work to do. But right now I think I'll revel in the moment for a little while.

And I (LOVE, LOVE) the TWU/IAM Association. (BIG LOVE) Thank you Harry Lombardo, Sito Pantoja and everyone else who went to that meeting with the company.

Yes CASH. I made $420.00 yesterday. (1) days worth of work.

Jester said:
I don't see that happening... both sides gave-up their biggest leverage in the recent exchange.  Work group wanted a large pay increase and the company wanted cross utilization (although far from complete intergration).

Now the company de facto finds itself in an "average" costs level of ancillary other issues and benefits between the US and AA contracts which what Management offered and was unacceptable to the Association.  Furthermore, the IAM and TWU cannot agree on issues of pension/401K, crew chief/lead responsibilities, PT/FT healthcare insurance costs, etc., so I am not seeing anything here which would push for a quick resolution, especially as the rank and file are not clamoring for a JCBA after a sizable pay raise.
Save this comment wherever you chose on your computer to save items. Remember the date and we'll talk again about it before the end of the year.

Sound good?

WeAAsles said:
Save this comment wherever you chose on your computer to save items. Remember the date and we'll talk again about it before the end of the year.

Sound good?
They are negotiating in DFW this week I wonder If Tim will be talking to Ned

Worldport said:
They are negotiating in DFW this week I wonder If Tim will be talking to Ned
He may have to take a sabbatical for a little while? Let's not forget this wonderful repeated statement of his.

"The window of opportunity has closed"

WRONG AGAIN!!!! Whoops.

MetalMover said:

That's the bill of goods the TWU has been peddling to us for years.

It sure is, especially since the TWU has been very good partners with the company.

MY losses or OUR losses? I have always been willing to join a new union. Sadly the majority has bought into the TWU's fear game.

Some of us have learned, more hare happy to stay with the TWU.

You'll have to ask the TWU who has negotiated these contracts that brought us to this point.

Maybe, or maybe the fact that UPS has around 1200 mechanics, a smaller fleet with more outsourcing and I believe they have part time mechanics as well. I don't really know about FedEX. I doubt very much we will ever catch up to them.

Maybe we are for not having rid ourselves of the TWU, and now the IAM.....I hope you are not calling me stupid because I see things a little more realistically than you.....Like it or not, you might be surprised how many people are doing cartwheels over the upcoming raise and couldn't care less about the other articles.......Like it or not, many are happy with ASSociation simply because of this raise.

That was not directed at you MetalMover. I was simply using your post to "kick off" my post.

As far as you seeing things a little more realistically than me, would you care to elaborate on that?

WeAAsles said:
Here comes Fa La La to rain on everyone's parade again because he CHOSE ultimately to leave.
What parade?

WeAAsles said:
This guy is nothing more than piss poor sour grapes who can't be happy for the rest of us who CHOSE to stay.
From reading these forums these guys don't sound like they CHOSE anything. They certainly did not CHOOSE the Association. 

Most of them sound like the feel stuck.

WeAAsles said:
S,Y. Fa La La. You're damn right I'm over the moon to get these raises.
LoL. That was a pretty good laugh. Well good for you WeAAsles. Good for you.

WeAAsles said:
And I (LOVE, LOVE) the TWU/IAM Association. (BIG LOVE) Thank you Harry Lombardo, Sito Pantoja and everyone else who went to that meeting with the company.
......... words fail me.

WeAAsles said:
Yes CASH. I made $420.00 yesterday. (1) days worth of work.
What 2 hours working and 10 playing dominoes? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts