JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the company wants mediation, yet the difficult issues have not been discussed, then that's a pretty bad situation. They're taking advantage of the bumbling Association who are looking dumber as time goes by. The top guys are going into the talks from what I've heard. Obviously they should have talked to each other on issues a long time ago which it now appears they did not. Sad situation to say the least.

They could have just conceded to anything the company asked for every single time and this would have been over quite awhile back?

Or do you think it's a walk in the park that the Company is just going to concede to what we want? Or what YOU want?

It's a genius move be the company. Company asking for an outrageous scope, forces a stalemate, then mediation, and the union has no control of the outcome. We are screwed.

We're not in Section 6, so meditation wouldn't have the same mechanism as it would otherwise. It could lead to a long term stalemate.

the Company could also just put a take it or leave offer and push things off until 2018. Unfortunately, we have little leverage to push things.

Can't force a stalemate. Worst case scenario is we have current contracts that are good till Sept 2018 then we go into Section 6.

Not gonna happen. (But I have been wrong before)

If we go to the amenable date, we stand to lose a few stations which the Company would be able to close, if they wanted.

Wrong...again.

I bet you're rich from all those winning Lottery Tickets you buy?

Are you saying there aren't Beautiful girls here in South Florida?

How was things in Dallas for you BTW?

Last edited:
If we go to the amenable date, we stand to lose a few stations which the Company would be able to close, if they wanted.

I thought the two that could have been on the chopping block had already passed the flight threshold?

Besides even if it did go to Section 6 (Nothing I want) I doubt they'd close them anyway only to maybe have to reopen them.

I thought the two that could have been on the chopping block had already passed the flight threshold?

Besides even if it did go to Section 6 (Nothing I want) I doubt they'd close them anyway only to maybe have to reopen them.

Wrong...again.

There are at least two stations which would be under the necessary flights to remain open if this process continues past the currently amendable date.

Well, if you doubt the Company would close them, then I guess those Members in the affected stations could sleep better and not worry about what may happen to their station.

Why do you guys think the company wanted to get contracts done so fast with every group, but those same folks somehow do not want to get this one done? They already gave you 90% of the contract money and got none of the synergies, the need to finish this is much more on the company's side now not the Unions.

Wrong...again.

There are at least two stations which would be under the necessary flights to remain open if this process continues past the currently amendable date.

Well, if you doubt the Company would close them, then I guess those Members in the affected stations could sleep better and not worry about what may happen to their station.

Ok so apparently you must no longer be a supporter of the Association because you do know that had it never existed in the first place the process would have been far more expeditious then where we are right now. I highly doubt it but did you express any of your concerns while in Dallas with Harry, Alex and Mike?

Or were you just itching for it to end so you could get back on your Social Media soapboxes to come after me yet again?

BTW watched the Maintenance ORD Town Hall yesterday and thought those members there were fantastic. They were not at all taking what Isom had to say well and were on him like a pack of wolves at his throat. Great display of Solidarity.

Why do you guys think the company wanted to get contracts done so fast with every group, but those same folks somehow do not want to get this one done? They already gave you 90% of the contract money and got none of the synergies, the need to finish this is much more on the company's side now not the Unions.

I think I have to agree with you. Isom's comments almost begging for mediation came across to me as desperate. He seemed very rattled by the constant barrage of just "Get it done then" All those guys (except the one US putz) were all on the same page in blaming the Company for all the stalls.

Parker in the other Town Hall was more composed when he was saying they had to figure out something and was glad the Leadership of the Association was joining the talks.

I just wish someone had asked him if he was going to join those talks himself?

Many of us are now becoming quite aware that the ultimate decision makers for the Company are NOT in that room. Glass and co are nothing more than emissaries for the people who can make spot on decisions. Highly counterproductive to have to wait all the time for a response from the tower.

Unlike most other groups, who are airport centered, the APFA and the APA are aircraft centered. In others words, they needed to have the ability to have those groups work on any aircraft in order to run the scheduling as one airline rather than two separate airlines.

Ok so apparently you must no longer be a supporter of the Association because you do know that had it never existed in the first place the process would have been far more expeditious then where we are right now. I highly doubt it but did you express any of your concerns while in Dallas with Harry, Alex and Mike?

Or were you just itching for it to end so you could get back on your Social Media soapboxes to come after me yet again?

BTW watched the Maintenance ORD Town Hall yesterday and thought those members there were fantastic. They were not at all taking what Isom had to say well and were on him like a pack of wolves at his throat. Great display of Solidarity.

Oy vey.

I think I have to agree with you. Isom's comments almost begging for mediation came across to me as desperate. He seemed very rattled by the constant barrage of just "Get it done then" All those guys (except the one US putz) were all on the same page in blaming the Company for all the stalls.

Parker in the other Town Hall was more composed when he was saying they had to figure out something and was glad the Leadership of the Association was joining the talks.

I just wish someone had asked him if he was going to join those talks himself?

Many of us are now becoming quite aware that the ultimate decision makers for the Company are NOT in that room. Glass and co are nothing more than emissaries for the people who can make spot on decisions. Highly counterproductive to have to wait all the time for a response from the tower.

The guys in the room are the decision makers.

The guys in the room are the decision makers.

Yes. Our Negotiators can make decisions in that room. The Company negotiators cannot.

Sorry but your experience through only concessionary negotiations in the past is not relevant today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back