JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and the IAM had ready reserve language too. Objectively they outsourced calls just like the IAM had RR language.

Josh
The iam is the father of ready reserve. They had that at hawaiian for years. Even got weekender pt on call. At uge they have ready reserve as well. Same dues. As far as call centers, its sad that united has most of its res work contracted out overseas and in mexico. The ill ask management union has been useless.

yesterday, i got in late for a small get together with ord twu president murphy. he wasn't too happy about the company wanting to outsource deicing. around these parts, a lot of popular cold-weather shifts and OT. i asked one of his right-hand men about any other potential outsourcing, and it doesn't look good for catering/lus side. i didn't ask about scope and how that might affect you at your station.

some around here are nervous about outsourcing freight. that doesn't seem to be on the company's agenda.

if you have any specific questions i will ask and get a reply to you. i'm not sure how much they can reveal to me or others. murphy is now in election stage and he spent some time talking about his opposing slate in this station.
As stated by Kev already, any loss of work now days considered gone forever. Others on here "claim" there is nothing anyone can do, BS. If it's in your contract and remains in your contract that is your work. It is NOT up to the airport who deicess. It's up to the airlines to get it done.
So deicing and catering are on the chopping block for fleet with the possibility of another group of work going as well. Remember I told you guys you will not like it when T/A day gets here. That's when it will all come out.

Doesn't just have to be FB. All platforms have some benefit, and all unions would do well to embrace each.

IMO, the benefit for labor is increased "reach." Both of our employers can get to every employee instantly, and we're trying to counter that with...flyers?

And while you and I may be used to getting info that way (or going to the hall), the 24-year-old on your gate isn't. That's not good or bad; that's just reality.

There's also the benefit of getting a clear/consistent message out every time. NYer alluded to the lack of clear messaging further up this thread, and how it's causing some undue hurdles.

when i got hired and a big-shooter union official (john orlando) strolled into a no-smoking room with a marlboro dangling from his mouth and told us to "sign here", we signed there.

today...maybe the local can use a gifted local driver/aspiring hip-hop artist to get it's message across.

As stated by Kev already, any loss of work now days considered gone forever. Others on here "claim" there is nothing anyone can do, BS. If it's in your contract and remains in your contract that is your work. It is NOT up to the airport who deicess. It's up to the airlines to get it done.
So deicing and catering are on the chopping block for fleet with the possibility of another group of work going as well. Remember I told you guys you will not like it when T/A day gets here. That's when it will all come out.

You’ve stated that you respect CB for answering you. Have you seen him state that Catering is on the Company wish list?

Deicing yes we know the Company “wants” it since they’ve mentioned it publicly more than once now.

But you write as if Charlie Brown and all the others have already acquiesced and surrendered to whatever the Company wants coming up on these final Articles.

I’ve heard that they wanted a lot of things these last two years but ultimately also heard they didn’t get them either.

Edit: BTW nothing personal to my bud Kev there but he currently has no Union to fight for him over at Delta Airlines. You and I both belong to Unions that can hold the line and not just accept what the Company wants from us.

Last edited:
And swamt as I basically said back earlier to John John something is eventually going to be coming out for all Groups. Now here on Forums some are going to like it and some are not. Some are going to argue that it’s concessionary and others will argue that it’s not. Some are going to argue that the Association sold us out and some will say they did a great job.

At the end of the day and people can argue this till they’re blue in the face and collapse in Death, the Membership will decide.

If the Membership pass and pass overwhelmingly then the TA was great (No excuses) If the Membership fail it and fail it overwhelmingly then the TA was crap (No excuses)

Pass or Fail is the litmus and FINAL decision.

John John you obviously were a no voter for your Contract but that’s in the past now and it’s irrelevant that you disagreed with it.

Your Membership who chose to vote agreed with and passed the TA.

6,993 in favor and 2,522 against.

Relevant if you disagree and want to shed some light to some classic management/labor

tactics that could be use in future/existing playbook negotiating

Relevant if you disagree and want to shed some light to some classic management/labor

tactics that could be use in future/existing playbook negotiating

You are purposely ignoring the fact that over 70% of your collective group was not under any contract whatsoever. And no you are wrong that changes cannot be made once a group organizes into a Union. There have been multiple examples posted here on Forums that prove the fact.

You can continue for eternity to disagree but again your TA passed and it passed overwhelmingly. The will of the Majority has spoken.

And now your badgering on the subject is beginning to become slightly rude. We’re all mature enough to make intelligent decisions here and watch out for any pitfalls.

Thank you.

Maybe so but the CEO lives in Bos and they have a huge presence there.

You really believe he’s a BOA Banker who has nothing to do with AA but has an absolute total (Sick) obsession with us?

Do you think we’re just his weird hobby?

Reactions: wings396
Maybe he’s one of those people who hates their father and Sito is really his dad who never cut him in on the action. Lol

Reactions: wings396
Actually the CARS conversation is not really a bad one to have.

I’d vote yes to see something like that come in to get back Cabin Service, Fueling, Mail, Employee Bus drivers, All currently closed cities and all Regional Jets (with staffing restrictions)

But that’s just me.

I keep hearing about this "snap shot" of current stations being protected under a new TA, but no additional stations would be re-opened. However, I believe that with combined operations there would be enough daily mainline flights into contracted stations to re-open with AA clerks. I am sure there are other examples, but IAH, HNL and SNA come to mind. It is a "NO" vote for me if there is this clause of a "snap shot".

Maybe Bob could work some of his data magic and provide a combined mainline flight list into stations system wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts