460 FA's Recalled

So Dixie goes back to the line, but has to resign as SLT base co-chair, right?...

Kirkpatrick, glad to see that you finally have a choice over trading in the orange apron for a blue one.
I don't believe Dixie can accept recall and assignment to a different base and remain STL chair, but I wouldn't bet the house on that feeling. We should know shortly.

In the meantime, look for TWA to be a substantial minority at LGA within months; maybe even with enough clout to swing an election one way or the other.

MK

I would hope that being the Base Chair doesn't qualify someone for a Hardship Transfer. That would be ridiculous. Far more important reasons have been denied in the past. APFA V.P Durkin should have more common sense than that. Also AA is a party to these decisions, it isn't just APFA.

In the best of all possible worlds you would be correct; however, I was told of a "hardship" transfer to LAX that occurred because a certain f/a's boyfriend wanted to live in LA. As far as the company being a party to the decision, I don't know of any situation where the company refused a transfer if the APFA designated it a hardship transfer.

What about the V Chair? Tim is it? Is he getting a notice to return? Going along with the Hardship thing, some were awarded to SEA for supposedly real reasons, but people couldn't keep their mouths shut and soon told they were a little less than truthfull. Accordingly, they were sent packing back to where they came from. Also, being told of a hardship to LAX like you were, doesn't make it fact. I find it hard to beleive that that was the reason given and it was approved. That might have been the real reason, but the F/A lied and made up another story to get it by the APFA and AA.

Anyway, Congratulations to all that want to come back. Hopefully there will be at least one more by next summer!!!

Mark,

What happened to the F/A's that didn't pass medical? Are they inactive and able to use their sick time? Or were they dropped from AA with no way to come back? Or something else in between? Just curious what happens to them.

Mark,

What happened to the F/A's that didn't pass medical? Are they inactive and able to use their sick time? Or were they dropped from AA with no way to come back? Or something else in between? Just curious what happens to them.

It depends with a medical issue. If you are going to be able to pass medical (just had surgery for example) you will be held off until the first available class after clearing medical. Some are more complicated and I think the resolutions are still being discussed.

Tim Hunter will be an excellent Base Chair and there are plenty of active and furloughed OCRs to help if needed. STL picked a great team and if people are really smart they will vote for Dixie Daniels for the Domestic negotiations team.

DIXIE FOR DOMESTIC NEGOTIATOR !!!

I am glad this has been brought up. Dixie will add such depth and dimension to the negotiating team anyone would be a fool for not considering her. I am sure that the ghools will return to the scene with haunting stories of how she will "single handedly will restore all seniority to the TWA flight attendants"...blahh...blah......

people dont be stupid....

The TWA negotiating perspective and experience is INVALUABLE in this round of negotiations....

she has my vote and full support !!!!!!!

Also, being told of a hardship to LAX like you were, doesn't make it fact. I find it hard to beleive that that was the reason given and it was approved. That might have been the real reason, but the F/A lied and made up another story to get it by the APFA and AA.

Oh, that was the REAL reason I assure you. It wasn't the "stated" reason in the hardship application; however, that the couple were close friends with certain APFA officers meant that the application was approved without very much (if any) investigation.

DIXIE FOR DOMESTIC NEGOTIATOR !!!

I am glad this has been brought up. Dixie will add such depth and dimension to the negotiating team anyone would be a fool for not considering her. I am sure that the ghools will return to the scene with haunting stories of how she will "single handedly will restore all seniority to the TWA flight attendants"...blahh...blah......

people dont be stupid....

The TWA negotiating perspective and experience is INVALUABLE in this round of negotiations....

she has my vote and full support !!!!!!!

Get the word out! She will be a great asset and bring new life.

Mark, Congratulations, I know you'll "do us proud".

I would hope that being the Base Chair doesn't qualify someone for a Hardship Transfer. That would be ridiculous. Far more important reasons have been denied in the past. APFA V.P Durkin should have more common sense than that. Also AA is a party to these decisions, it isn't just APFA.

I agree.

I don't believe Dixie can accept recall and assignment to a different base and remain STL chair, but I wouldn't bet the house on that feeling. We should know shortly.

In the meantime, look for TWA to be a substantial minority at LGA within months; maybe even with enough clout to swing an election one way or the other.

MK

Maybe you can go back to the courts and get all your seniority now.

Hopeful, your comment was uncalled for. 460 coming back might get you arse off reserve. One day you might be walking in our shoes. Be happy that you will finally see some movement in YOUR seniority. :shock:

How many AA FAs are on furlough? I thought I heard they had five year recall rights -- if that is true, some of them are dropping off the list, right? Does anyone foresee AA hiring new flight attendants anytime soon?

I cannot believe that someone with 30 years seniority is on furlough. This is a crazy industry.

Back