Al Crellin? He still employed with US?

Jetsetter2Ord

Senior
Sep 1, 2005
On a Jetplane
Visit site
Ok, just curious if Mr Al Crellin is still employed by US?? I thought he was leaving the company??

Reason being, is that he was on one of my flights over the weekend flying out of PHX. What amazed me is for someone who is or was an executive of the airline that he must have forgot his manners. Being at the boarding door, I say hello and welcome aboard to EVERY passenger, he didnt even acknowledge my presence or that I even said hello!

Then the agent was trying to balance out her tickets and said she is missing a hardcopy of a first class ticket...I said to the agent, I will bet you money on it is the pax in seat 2B...she comes back and said yes you are correct! Guess who was in 2B?? Yes, Mr Crellin!

The real interesting part about all of this, he is listed as a Chairmans member on the listing on the manifest! Is he really a Chairmans?? Or did he get that status in his agreement when he left with his golden parachute?? Or is it a bogus status?? If it was a bogus status...then why is he sitting in First class when I had Gold, Silver and Platinum sitting in the main cabin??

:huh:

If it was a bogus status...then why is he sitting in First class when I had Gold, Silver and Platinum sitting in the main cabin??

:huh:

because your management knows that their Y product SUCKS and there is no way in he11 that they would be stuck in the back of the bus...what's good enough for the customers is NOT good enough for them.

I am surprised this is the first time you have recognized former USAirways exec riding in First Class after all these years.

I have seen them on board many times up to and inculding Randall (We Don't Need the West Coast) Malin, Mike Schwab,Seth Schofield, Ed Colodny and numerous family members of former executives.

They ride space positive First Class per The USAirways Executive's Golden Parachute Travel Manual.

because your management knows that their Y product SUCKS and there is no way in he11 that they would be stuck in the back of the bus...what's good enough for the customers is NOT good enough for them.

Just out of curiosity: What does USAirways need to do to make it's Y product meet with your approval? Hot meals? Hot towels? Different IFE selections?

Inquiring minds would like to know. But based on the LCC "cheap is better" mindset, don't get your hopes up....

Just out of curiosity: What does USAirways need to do to make it's Y product meet with your approval? Hot meals? Hot towels? Different IFE selections?

Inquiring minds would like to know. But based on the LCC "cheap is better" mindset, don't get your hopes up....

How about a competitive seat pitch to begin with? Ever try to open a laptop in Y on a HP plane?

Well, I have had other executives including Doug Parker on flights and they always say hello, and take time to talk to their employees with respect.

In regards to the seat pitch on HP flights, the older airbus (aircraft 620-640)have a high seat pitch making it impossible to use a laptop if the person infront of you is in the recline position...you practically can count the hairs on the person in front of you! I agree with you, I always politely ask if the person is in major recline mode to bring the seat up a bit so that the person behind them can at least sip their beverage.

Keys findings in his contract
(vi) Fringe Benefits. During the Change of Control Period,
the Executive shall be entitled to fringe benefits, including but not
limited to space positive and space available travel privileges in all
classes of service and cabins on

B. the Company shall provide continuation of
Travel Privileges for the life of the Executive
which are at least as favorable as the benefits
provided pursuant to the most favorable of such
plans, practices, policies and programs in
effect at any time during the 90-day period
immediately preceding the Change of Control Date
or, if more favorable to the Executive and/or
the Executive's family, as in effect at any time
thereafter with respect to other Key Employees.

Hmmm...since US Airways is looking to "acquire" Delta Air Lines, perhaps, they should adopt their method of discarded executive perks:

Ex-Delta exec fights to keep free flights

By RUSSELL GRANTHAM , MATT KEMPNER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 12/06/05

M. Michele Burns, the Atlanta executive who landed deals allowing her to parachute from Delta Air Lines and Mirant Corp. with millions of dollars, is fighting to keep her loftiest perk: free flights for life aboard Delta. The airline, which is struggling to stay airborne while in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, wants to cut off first-class flight privileges for its former financial chief and her family.

In court papers filed last week, Burns argued that Delta can't cancel the flight privileges — awarded to her when she left the airline in April 2004 — under federal bankruptcy code. She also said the carrier would lose more than it gained from the move. Delta will "incur few or no actual costs or expenses ... because there generally are empty seats on the debtor's aircraft," Burns said in the filing with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York.

Burns is no stranger to flaps over executive pay and perks.
In 2002, while at Delta, she helped the airline during its creation of controversial bankruptcy-proof pension trusts for about three dozen executives. That provided her with at least $1 million in a personal pension trust beyond the reach of creditors.
Around the same time, Burns also was among a long list of Delta executives who were paid hefty bonuses while the airline was losing money, cutting jobs and appealing for federal aid. That year, she was awarded a bonus of $846,000, on top of her $560,000 salary.
Despite those incentives, Burns and other Delta executives left the company in droves. Her next stop was Mirant, the bankrupt energy trader, where she became chief financial officer.
Now she's finishing a 20-month stint with Mirant, flush with at least $8.2 million in severance pay, bonuses and other payments from the company as it emerges from its own Chapter 11 case.

Efforts to reach Burns for comment Monday were unsuccessful.
Delta spokesman John Kennedy said the airline asked the bankruptcy court to relieve it of fulfilling all individual compensation agreements with former senior executives. He said that while many executives had such agreements, he was unsure of how many there were or whether others included flight privileges.
"Given the severity of our financial situation and the sacrifices that Delta's active and retired people are making, the company believes it's right and appropriate," Kennedy said Monday.
"We've always said that our restructuring would not be painless and that all Delta stakeholders would need to participate."
Kennedy said Burns was the only former executive to challenge the cutoff.
Burns received the unlimited rights to Delta's generally most expensive seats on a so-called positive space basis, meaning they were reserved as though she and her family were paying passengers. The benefit was part of an agreement for her to provide occasional consulting services for the airline until May 2009.
Delta declined to comment on whether Burns did any consulting.
Long-tenured retirees are allowed to fly free on the carrier. But Burns left Delta after only five years with the company and wouldn't normally qualify for such privileges, much less rights that gave her the higher priority on seating.
Delta promised the flights to Burns, her spouse or domestic partner and their children as long as she lives and doesn't use them for business purposes.
Stanley Barczak, who co-authored an unsuccessful shareholder proposal earlier this year that called for Delta to renegotiate compensation for former executives who tapped the pension trusts, said he was not surprised by the current tussle over Burns' free-flying perk.
He noted that starting next year, active Delta employees would be charged a $50 annual fee to use their personal flight privileges.
"Allowing her to fly free while everybody else is paying would add insult to injury after her time with the company," said Barczak, a Delta baggage handler from Richwood, Ky., who was recently furloughed after 27 years with the company.

If it's like AA, the execs (and frankly every employee) can have a frequent flyer number. The execs get "status." They don't get miles on the positive space employee tickets, but the frequent flyer # serves as a way to store a travel profile for them....and the "status" gives them access to premium seats and boarding zone 1 should they ever by accident (and yes, I've actually seen AA execs in the coach cabin) find themselves riding in coach.

That's the way it was done in CCY, at least according to Mr Chiames. Also they had to book all of their travel on the old US Airways web site when it was a mess.

So I wonder if Doug, Scott, Travis and the rest of DemiGods book their travel that way?? As US1's.

What I'm wondering is did Mr Crellin's butt being in 2?, force a cash paying US1 or 2 into the spacious coach cabin?
Did Crellin's butt belong in F/C Row 2.........A Big Hell NO....more like in the aft commode of a 727 that has been in storage in the Mojave Desert with temperatures NEVER dipping below 100 degrees :lol: He had to be one of the most despised people I have ever encountered in life. Many have stated "I can hardly wait for Crellin's demise so I can proudly P*ss on his grave and kick the filthy animal back into his hole!" Getting rid of Crellin IS a Christmas Gift from Parker that will Keep on Giving!! :up:

Latest posts