Do You Think The Pilots Have To Give More?

Some news sources think U may need more money. The only group left with anything to give is the pil

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
usairways_vote_NO said:
Thanks you got me laughing hard I love it when you guys go off on how much better off you are and then say get on with your life but you sit here caring so much you just need to spend your life posting here. Huh oops just like me
[post="244974"][/post]​
Can't help but "opine" when I see this bunch of "old ladies" sitting around "gossiping" about what others should do. Pitguy, VOTE NO and others should worry about themselves and let the other groups be. Yup, misery loves company alright; just because you made your bed doesn't mean others want to sleep in it. Fact is, if it were economically feasible to outsource pilots the company would have already done it. In a sense they are, by replacing mainline flights with RJs. One truth is known. The airline industry has changed forever. ALL positions have gone from rewarding careers to just crappy jobs. Do what the smart folks are doing. Stop complaining and move on.

oldiebutgoody said:
Can't help but "opine" when I see this bunch of "old ladies"
[post="245032"][/post]​

You forgot to add yourself to that list oh wait are you a "old guy"?
Did I hear you yelping about all the pilots gossiping and worrying about what others should do in the other topics about other groups? But then again they were worrying about themselves wern't they, especially that one certain one? How about you? You made your bed and moved on but here you are still here still complaining. Since when have you been the board director anyway?

First off, we need to do away with the second driver. Lets face it, just another safety device. One that we could do without, and never comes into play.

Sure babe, you drive, I want to read the paper!

Secondly, over the years as many of our jobs have gotten more intense, the pilots have been reduced to making the decision as to whether to fly, or not. Not because of safety, but because they feel like it, or not.

Lets see, "do I want to sleep in PHL, or PIT tonight?" Neither, lets stay in FLL!

And third, along with all of this stress, NOT, comes more pay? Why are they considered overpaid for what they do, don't know, you tell me! Maybe it was the stress of napping on the beach, at full pay for all those years?

Give the pilots 50 grand a year, see how they like it!

roadtrip said:
Wow This poll is really going one way! Looks like 320 might have to cough up some more cash soon..........
[post="245107"][/post]​

Or cough in his 2 cents worth here? Oh maybe 1/2 cents worth.

usairways_vote_NO said:
You forgot to add yourself to that list oh wait are you a "old guy"?
Did I hear you yelping about all the pilots gossiping and worrying about what others should do in the other topics about other groups? But then again they were worrying about themselves wern't they, especially that one certain one? How about you? You made your bed and moved on but here you are still here still complaining. Since when have you been the board director anyway?
[post="245044"][/post]​
Not complaining, just stating the obvious. I SURELY wouldn't want MY fingerprints on anything as ineptly managed as UAIR. Glad I've got more marketable skills than that!

EyeInTheSky said:
What a bunch of crap this whole thread is! Shame on the jerk who started it.
[post="245571"][/post]​

I agree!

Frequently read about the mass envy of pilots pay on this board and the misguided thought process that suggest as their pay comes nearer toward yours that all will be better and you will feel more fairly compensated.

Total BS, no wonder more and more pilots have contempt for you, you deserve it! :down:

usairways_vote_NO said:
I kinda think that the contempt is brought about by one certain pilot here as opposed to mass envy.
[post="245600"][/post]​

usairways_vote_NO keep in mind "you know who" causes eyes to roll among 99% of the pilot ranks. Pilots can smell crap too... :D

pitguy said:
Fact remains the U pilots make way more than Jet Blue pilots and U will be unable to compete until they reduce their wages. U did not go far enough with the cuts when they cut the quick deal with ALPA and now they will have no choice but to go back. To not do it would be grave!
--Pilots will be responsible for thousands of unemployed workers and the death of U.
[post="244666"][/post]​

Check out airlinepilotpay.com. USAirways pilots are compensated within a few $ per hour of JetBlue. The only difference is the most senior JB pilot has 5 years seniority and the U pilots have 16 years and up. And 16 years is a "junior" first officer at U.

U now has the lowest labor costs of any legacy carrier and is close to the lowest LCC's. Get the message? It can't be fixed by any more pay cuts/concessions. It's the business plan, stupid!

Reply to the masses (Thank you for your replies):

Jet Blue pilots do make less. Don't look at the 12 year scale because Jet Blue does not have any 12 year pilots.

I can talk about other labor groups since pilots spoke out against other labor groups.

I have no class envy as I make more than most pilots do.

Fact remains U will not pull out on its own and I am hearing rumblings of U coming back to the pilot group as the current numbers are not crunching right as of now! I bet the new cuts will pass.

Pilots will take another round of cuts to save their jobs!

They will probably come after the pilots for another cut. Yes RJ pilots fly for much less, They are also hiring 500 to 1000 hour pilots to fill those seats. Most have never seen a jet before. I have spoke with many RJ pilots in my travels lately, it is amazing the number of them that do not know, and have never been taught even the most basic high altitude and high speed aerodynamics. I have had several give me the "deer in the headlight" look when discussing simple performance issues.

I am no longer U, and have no dog in this fight anymore. Just a pilot telling you what I see. There have been several RJ incidents that have been caused by, for a lack of a better word "ignorance" in the cockpit. Personally, from the lack of knowledge I have seen from several RJ pilots, I think they have been lucky so far. Advanced electronics has been able to compensate for lack of knowledge. But that will only work to a point. I no longer allow my family to fly on some of the RJ operators anymore.

As far as the pay issue, the ground pounders will always be tied to what the pilots make, if they take another round of cuts, so will everybody else. Most folks working the ground for RJ airlines start at near minimum wage. Only the licensed employees do any better. (Not much)

If U cannot make money on the payscales that they have now.....they never will. Holding on to the pipe dream that pilots can take another pay cut and save the airline is foolish. Service from what I hear is complete crap. Heard from a still active pilot that they were having to unload the strollers for the pax waiting in the jetway yesterday in PHL since no ground personnel were around. Captian went looking and found about 40 of them watching the game on a TV in the break room. Others have been buying ice and cokes out of their own pocket to stock the airplane with.

I flew U a while back to go to recurrent training for my current job, service was horrible, the airplane was dirty and nasty with stuff stuck to the seats, lots of broken interior trim, the floor had enough crumbs and garbage on it to supply a flock of birds for a day or so.

As long as service stays what it is, USAirways is dead. You can complain about what the pilots make all you want, but the fact remains that they are moving the airplanes cheaper than their peers, Passengers do not see or remember them. They look at the service at the gates and in the cabin. And being a full fare paying passenger a few weeks back, the ground personnel and flight attendant personnel I saw were horrible. It was obvious to all the passengers to see that USAir is dying.

I wish all of you the best, and I would advise all to actively seek other employment. Unless the corporate culture changes from the CEO all the way down to the golf cart drivers U will never survive.