F/a Recall

Jim, very nice meeting you in DFW at the BOD meeting. I am very happy that you will be recalled very soon.

Thank you for being so open and friendly to the TWA'ers. We hope that we encounter more like yourself when we are recalled.

BEST WISHES,

Miles

kirkpatrick said:
It is official that the union has been informed by the company that the recall announcement will be made late Monday, the 27th. The exact number and the bases open should be available then.

MK
[post="184804"][/post]​

==================================================

Mike,

Will this recall get to you ?

I hope it does. If it does, what a shame :up: :up: :up: , getting "stuck", based in LGA.

NH/BB's

jimntx said:
If the recall is 135 f/as or more, I'm in. Thanks for the good wishes. I've been out of town all weekend with no access to a computer so this is the first I've heard.

Will let you all know when I know where we are going to be assigned--probably LGA.
[post="184824"][/post]​

Oh, good for you Jim!!!! :up: You deserve it!

:( I sure wish I was going back to flying.

:huh:
L1011Ret said:
I'll go out on a limb and say AA will announce a recall of 500 to 600 F/As very soon, quite possibly as early as Monday.
[post="184510"][/post]​

I hope I make it this time. I'm at the end of my rope, flying 5 legs after a 8 hr layover for Eagle, cleaning on most legs etc. etc.j I'm in the LAST class before TWA. Problem is, we don't know how many in the furlough bucket have resigned since summer to go other airlines. I was told it doesn't matter how many active AAers quit but if no one in the furlough bracket quits, we stay where we are on the order of recall. True?

Thanks for any tips. Waiting anxiously.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
==================================================

Mike,

Will this recall get to you ?
Not this time. There are 709 natives ahead of TWA and I'm number 948 among the TWA people. But I expect only about half the TWA people ahead of me to actually return.
I hope it does. If it does, what a shame :up: :up: :up: , getting "stuck", based in LGA.
That's where my car is.

MK

czerny said:
I was told it doesn't matter how many active AAers quit but if no one in the furlough bracket quits, we stay where we are on the order of recall. True?

[post="185013"][/post]​
Both will help. AAer's quitting means they need to be replaced with recalls. People on the recall list ahead of you quitting moves you closer to the top.

MK

czerny said:
:huh:
I hope I make it this time. I'm at the end of my rope, flying 5 legs after a 8 hr layover for Eagle, cleaning on most legs etc. etc.j I'm in the LAST class before TWA. Problem is, we don't know how many in the furlough bucket have resigned since summer to go other airlines. I was told it doesn't matter how many active AAers quit but if no one in the furlough bracket quits, we stay where we are on the order of recall. True?

Thanks for any tips. Waiting anxiously.
[post="185013"][/post]​

Hi, guy. I was thinking the other day that I hadn't heard from you in a while. The main reason this recall is rumored to be so very large is because of the attrition rate among active flight attendants.

In case you haven't been following the numbers...
If they recall 600 this time, it will not replace the attrition rate for this year through the end of August. Attrition--quit, died, retired, fired--for the first 8 months was 646! And, the rate seems to be picking up. The avg. monthly rate for the first 4 months of the year was 48. Avg. rate since 01May has been 80. And, that does NOT include the 137 who did not return from overage leave at the end of June.

Also, if the 01JUL refusal rate from furloughees continues and they recall 600, only about 480 will actually return. Hang in there, guy. My SWAG (Scientific Wild-Assed Guess) is that you will be recalled no later than next summer.

P.S. I flew to BHM to visit family 3 weeks ago. After an 8.5 hour layover, the f/as were doing a 4 leg day in which they would have to clean twice; so, it's not that much different from what you are doing these days.

kirkpatrick said:
Not this time. There are 709 natives ahead of TWA and I'm number 948 among the TWA people. But I expect only about half the TWA people ahead of me to actually return.

That's where my car is.

MK
[post="185017"][/post]​
mark...when we are recalled ( i think you're right about only half of twa coming back), approximately how many of us do you think could live in your car at lga?

jimntx said:
P.S. I flew to BHM to visit family 3 weeks ago. After an 8.5 hour layover, the f/as were doing a 4 leg day in which they would have to clean twice; so, it's not that much different from what you are doing these days.
[post="185037"][/post]​

Ouch.... try not to do that.... I know alot of people at US-MidAtlantic (which uses the AE contract) who have had people who are still mainline say "Oh, well thats what mainline is like now anyway..." which deserves a punch in the mouth. Trust me that the AA and AE cobtracts are two whole different universes, concessions or not, and its very hard for a former-mainline Eagle person to swallow an AA person saying they do the same thing. Its a sensitive subject.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
TWAnr,
A similiar question for you too.
How might this good F/A news affect your household ??

Well, I hope !!

NH/BB's
[post="184917"][/post]​

GB,

Thanks for asking.

My wife is about 500 numbers behind Kirkpatrick. She is not crazy about the idea of having to commute to be on reserve, though. In addition, due to a family milestone, she will not be able to take the time off for training (rumors have it anywhere from three to six weeks long) next summer. Depending on circumstances, she may opt for a bridge retirement. We sure do miss her income, though.

TWAnr said:
It's official.

610 flight attendants have been recalled effective November 17, 2004.
[post="185166"][/post]​

WHERE are you getting the OFFICIAL part of this. I haven't seen anything yet, just curious.

Latest posts